DLF SuperFlex startup!

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Re: DLF SuperFlex startup!

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:16 am

iCantStop wrote:Dook's situation may or may not have been in the gray area, but I think since it was a mistake made because of technology / confusion, it could have been reversed.
Understood, but what makes this situation unique is that it was happening while the draft was ongoing, and by the time Dave and I were able to communicate (about the time I was getting splashed with great abandon by my son!) about what had happened as I recall I'd already made my two picks and another owner had made a pick after me. So it's not like a regular season trade where the values remain static...things had already shifted significantly by that time. Players were off the board that wouldn't have been otherwise.

I suppose I could have tried to put the breaks on, but it would have been one hell of a big mess to clean up. Eddie Lacy better be worth it! Besides, call me an old softie, but I think keeping a happy league environment is more important than "winning" a trade. If the trade comes back to bite me, well, I'll dig my way out of it.

And hey...I just joined the Pick Party!
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:18 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:I could be wrong on this but I think Dook drafted players with the picks acquired in the trade before he realized the trade was sent erroneously which is why it couldn't be flat out reversed?
Exactly right...was just typing that as you posted!

And sorry...missed your trade offer. Sorry to Flash, too.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:57 am

At this point, I am genuinely fascinated to see what Madadamus's team will look like come week one...

iCantStop
Starter
Starter

Postby iCantStop » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:23 am

Dookmariot wrote:At this point, I am genuinely fascinated to see what Madadamus's team will look like come week one...
One might say he's got the '16 Rookie Class market fairly well cornered.

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Postby TheChicken » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:17 am

iCantStop wrote:
Dookmariot wrote:At this point, I am genuinely fascinated to see what Madadamus's team will look like come week one...
One might say he's got the '16 Rookie Class market fairly well cornered.
I like a committed approach to a strategy, although It's almost the exact opposite of how I approach start ups .... I hope that they either watch a lot of college ball or finds enough trade partners.
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:46 pm

We have a 20 man taxi squad right?

In all seriousness, I think it won't be as bad as it looks. DynastyDeLorean has gone youth centric as well and I tend to think my core lineup of Winston/Elliot/Parker/White/Perriman/Ebron should perform better than Mariota/Gurley/Treadwell/Diggs/Funchess/Fleener. He does have an additional 2017 1st but I think he looks close to locking up the 1.01 next year.

If my 2nd year WR's hit and I get some RB production, I wouldn't be surprised if I was around .500.

But I really like how my draft has panned out. I won't count myself out on making moves, but I tend to think come rookie draft time I'll be able to capitalize and my roster won't look that bad when it's all said and done.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:21 pm

Madadamus wrote:
We have a 20 man taxi squad right?

In all seriousness, I think it won't be as bad as it looks. DynastyDeLorean has gone youth centric as well and I tend to think my core lineup of Winston/Elliot/Parker/White/Perriman/Ebron should perform better than Mariota/Gurley/Treadwell/Diggs/Funchess/Fleener. He does have an additional 2017 1st but I think he looks close to locking up the 1.01 next year.

If my 2nd year WR's hit and I get some RB production, I wouldn't be surprised if I was around .500.

But I really like how my draft has panned out. I won't count myself out on making moves, but I tend to think come rookie draft time I'll be able to capitalize and my roster won't look that bad when it's all said and done.
Yeah I really like Mad's startup. If all 3 of those WR's hit plus his picks the league is in big trouble, that Luck trade gave him a ton of value if all goes according to his plan. With the amount of picks he has this year he could probably throw darts with his eyes closed and he's bound to hit on 1-2 players in the late-1st or early-2nd.

I know my roster looks funny but once I fill it out with the picks this year and next coupled with possibly a few trades it will start to make a lot more sense to ppl. I'll let you know how going RB early and WR late works out :lol:

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:03 pm

You two have more stones than me. I wouldn't be able to draft a team with a grand total of 50 games of actual NFL experience.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:34 pm

Some people seem to be surprised by the strategy of punting year 1 and building around picks. I've seen it done many times before and it can lead to some pretty stacked rosters by year 3. This isn't the class that I'd want to use this strategy with, but most rookies will gain value long before they are deened to be busts. A lot is just going to depend on the timing when it comes to selling off a lot of these rookies while they're hyped.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:41 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:Some people seem to be surprised by the strategy of punting year 1 and building around picks. I've seen it done many times before and it can lead to some pretty stacked rosters by year 3. This isn't the class that I'd want to use this strategy with, but most rookies will gain value long before they are deened to be busts. A lot is just going to depend on the timing when it comes to selling off a lot of these rookies while they're hyped.
I think that's it. It's a good strategy, but this is not the draft class I'd want to hitch my wagon to. If he had that kind of draft coverage for the 2017 class, I would have just given up now. I'm going to have to figure out how to get a 2017 1st back...

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:29 am

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:37 am

Finally!
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:53 am

Dookmariot wrote:Image
:lol: considering i nearly died friday night it's quite an accomplishment we actually finished this thing.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:05 pm

Curious to see what the community thinks for some of the teams this year and beyond now that the draft is complete.

I like flashgordon's team quite a bit. He has a good mix of elite players with young upside WR's. Veteran RB's should be useful for a year or two. He doesn't have a lot of draft capital and traded away next year but has a good core. BuckeyeNation also has a similar team with young talent, but also sold future picks.

Overall it was a cool experience. It's always interesting to see the different strategies and the different way people build their teams. I'm obviously looking forward to the rookie draft :-P
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Madadamus wrote:Curious to see what the community thinks for some of the teams this year and beyond now that the draft is complete.

I like flashgordon's team quite a bit. He has a good mix of elite players with young upside WR's. Veteran RB's should be useful for a year or two. He doesn't have a lot of draft capital and traded away next year but has a good core. BuckeyeNation also has a similar team with young talent, but also sold future picks.

Overall it was a cool experience. It's always interesting to see the different strategies and the different way people build their teams. I'm obviously looking forward to the rookie draft :-P
Yeah, I really didn't want to trade away my '17 1st before the draft even started, but I thought I was getting a good return on the pick. The '17 1st got me one of the 3 straight 4th round picks I had and the picks turned into Mattews/Benjamin/Floyd. No matter how I feel about any of those WRs, I think getting any one of those WRs for a random future 1st is a good deal.

My team was built much differently than most of my other teams were. It feels weird not having an elite, top shelf WR. Spending my 1st on a QB and my 3rd on a RB will do that though. For me, my team feels like one that lacks the big time studs, but hopefully a top-to-bottom solid overall lineup will allow me to be competitive. Who knows what these rosters will even look like in September, we have a long ways to go before we submit week 1 lineups. It was a fun draft though, I enjoyed it.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U