DLF SuperFlex startup!

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
jordanzs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: DLF SuperFlex startup!

Postby jordanzs » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:35 pm

Now that Fleener has been taken, I'll say that I'm surprised to see him last this long. Maybe I'm overbuying due to him being on the Saints, but I would've taken him over quite a few TEs that went earlier.

Nice value on that pick!

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:06 pm

Nice to know that my once coveted Jimmy Graham share can net me an impressive Kenny Bell or Devante Adams if this draft is any indication...dear lord...why did it have to come to this?!?

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:14 pm

jordanzs wrote:Now that Fleener has been taken, I'll say that I'm surprised to see him last this long. Maybe I'm overbuying due to him being on the Saints, but I would've taken him over quite a few TEs that went earlier.

Nice value on that pick!
I'm wondering if MFLs default draft list being in ADP form had anything to do with this. Fleener is still listed very low in their ADP.

I actually wanted to take Fleener at 11.03 and 11.05 but was forced to take RG3 at 11.03 with all the other QBs being gone, and then took Karlos over him at 11.05. I love me some Karlos though. I was up again at 11.12, but he didn't make it that far.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:35 pm

jordanzs wrote:Now that Fleener has been taken, I'll say that I'm surprised to see him last this long. Maybe I'm overbuying due to him being on the Saints, but I would've taken him over quite a few TEs that went earlier.

Nice value on that pick!
I was also surprised he lasted that long considering the run on TE's was 3 rounds earlier.

And to Buckeye's point, ADP probably did have something to do with it. He's buried way down on the list.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:01 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:

Nice value on that pick!
I was also surprised he lasted that long considering the run on TE's was 3 rounds earlier.

And to Buckeye's point, ADP probably did have something to do with it. He's buried way down on the list.
I think we have established that we are all savvy enough owners to do our due diligence and scroll down the list. During the TE run i had him queued up right behind Ladarius and ASJ. But I digress. The MFL ADP drop-down obviously has a psychological impact as evidence of the Martavis pick.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:13 am

FiremanEd wrote:Nice to know that my once coveted Jimmy Graham share can net me an impressive Kenny Bell or Devante Adams if this draft is any indication...dear lord...why did it have to come to this?!?
It's a horrific fall from grace, to be sure.

Although I adore Kenny Bell. It was probably a reach there, but I couldn't abide losing one of "my guys."
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:56 am

rock-hammerson wrote:I'm really diggin' KeepCalmandDynasty's team! WR and RB seems locked up for quite some time. QB's are also very good. May wanna lock another up for Brady's possible suspension! This is a very fun thing to follow, and I appreciate it being here!!
While I agree that Keep Calm has a nasty team, especially at WR, I nominate Brady as worst pick of the draft. Don't get me wrong Brady is perhaps the best QB of all time. But in a superflex startup at 3.12? The players selected just after him: L Miller, R Cobb, J Gordon, A Dalton, 1.03, DGB, Moncrief, 1.04, JMatt, etc. etc.

Sure if he goes on to win a ship this year or next it MIGHT be worth it. But damn the dude will be 39 entering the season with a possible 4 game suspension. Granted I could also nominate my Osweiler pick as a huge reach but his first two picks were stellar (Watkins and Evans), followed by Brady? The rest of his draft has gone well but I'm just talking a bit of friendly trash. I think he could have had Brady a round or two later if not more.

I nominate KeepCalmandDynasty for worst pick of the draft. Thoughts?

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

DLF SuperFlex startup!

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:18 am

Seconded, though I haven't gone in to review much. Your logic sold me though!

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:25 am

I nominate Flashgordon for picking Davante Adams. It doesn't even matter what round
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:41 am

flashgordon12 wrote:I nominate Flashgordon for picking Davante Adams. It doesn't even matter what round
You never know! Although...sometimes you do.

I really like the teams Flash, Pokerface and ICantStop have assembled. Some scary talent there.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Westy22
Captain
Captain

Postby Westy22 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:02 am

From the outside looking in, Flash Gordon's team looks like a very strong one.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:43 am

So since we're closing in on finishing the first half of the draft, I thought I'd give my input. The one thing I am noticing is that rookie picks are being extremely devalued. I am sure that many think the draft just isn't that good and it isn't deep, and they are right. But, there are some quarterbacks that are being extremely overvalued.

By the time, the final 1st round pick was taken, there were 30 QB's drafted. Two of these QB's don't even have a team. To think that virtually every starting NFL QB no matter what age or situation or talent is worth a 1st in this format is just not something I agree with. Even if every team starts 2 QB's every week (which isn't always the case), half the league will have paid a 1st round pick for their QB3/bye-week filler (by passing on the picks).

By all accounts, 2 QB's will go in the 1st round of the NFL draft. Another 1 or 2 could go late in the 1st or early in the 2nd. In SuperFlex leagues, these top QB's will be gone by the middle of the 1st round, pushing mid-round rookie talent to the back end of the 1st. Not to mention, the end of the 1st/early 2nd is valuable not only because of that but because guys like Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook will be available than. I think the last 2 guys are a lot more valuable than some of the picks I've seen.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the draft plays out. There are some really strong teams in this draft but have no picks this year and also sold their picks next year so I think it will be interesting to see how the league looks in a year or two. All the different strategies is what makes this game fun. No one is right or wrong this time of year. I've had a ton of fun and can't wait to compete in this league for years to come.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:32 am

Madadamus wrote:By all accounts, 2 QB's will go in the 1st round of the NFL draft. Another 1 or 2 could go late in the 1st or early in the 2nd. In SuperFlex leagues, these top QB's will be gone by the middle of the 1st round, pushing mid-round rookie talent to the back end of the 1st. Not to mention, the end of the 1st/early 2nd is valuable not only because of that but because guys like Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook will be available than. I think the last 2 guys are a lot more valuable than some of the picks I've seen.
Lynch and Cook have a LOT of work to do as QBs to be passable pros. I like Lynch's arm a lot more than Cook's, but he's going to need to show he can run a pro style offense. How he can adapt to the mental side of the game is an unknown.

Put another way...there's a reason so many teams start garbage QBs, and other QBs are playing into their late 30s. It's been hard to replace them because the talent from the college ranks hasn't been forthcoming, often because the divergence between the pro and college styles is so marked. Osweiller of all players had a bidding war for his services because of this dearth of talent. You could draft Goff, Wentz, Cook and Lynch, and get four starters. Or four wasted roster spots. In previous years, when scouts were higher on the QB draft class, you see it's a crapshoot.

That said, I REALLY like some of the QB prospects next year...
Madadamus wrote:Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the draft plays out. There are some really strong teams in this draft but have no picks this year and also sold their picks next year so I think it will be interesting to see how the league looks in a year or two.
For what it's worth I only gave up my 2017 1st due to a misunderstanding. Dave sent a trade offer to me that sounded great, so I accepted it, but he had entered it incorrectly. Had I realized it was an exchange of my 2017 1st for his 2017 2nd for a minimal increase in draft spot, I never, ever would have taken it. But because I was doing things on my phone, and had already made the higher pick by the time Dave informed me of the error, I felt duty bound to include the pick as there was no real way to reverse things. I don't feel good about it, as I really covet those 2017 1sts, but I felt it was the correct thing to do, especially since Dave had done me a solid earlier by not accepting an erroneous trade I'd entered while trying to bathe and feed my kid.

But if it had been a swap of a 2016 1st for a 2016 2nd plus the draft position swap, I would do that then and I would do that now. I just don't think this draft outside of the 1.01 is that special - certainly not worth more than established and productive NFL players. But as you say, different styles make things enjoyable.

It's been kind of hilarious...when I've had downtime the drafting goes slowly. When I'm in the middle of being Dad, or at a work meeting, or with my wife everything goes at a furious pace!

iCantStop
Starter
Starter

Postby iCantStop » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:01 am

FYI, when I drafted the league bylaws (with the input from the Commish, Poker, and Madadamus), I included the following rule:
In the event of an erroneous trade that has already been “accidentally” accepted, the Commissioner will not step in and undo the trade.
The owner “Accidentally” accepting the trade must contact the commissioner via email within 15 minutes of the trade’s acceptance in order to have the trade reversed.
Note: This rule is intended to protect players from “Fat-fingering” or accidentally accepting a trade they meant to decline.
Dook's situation may or may not have been in the gray area, but I think since it was a mistake made because of technology / confusion, it could have been reversed.

As for the draft, I'm really intrigued by the sudden run on late 1sts / 2nd round picks. There is a noticeable cliff in the ADP where a second has more upside. That "Cliff" seems to be right around Kenny Bell, Adams, Julius Thomas, Coby Fleener. This may help people determine trade value in their leagues.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:08 am

I could be wrong on this but I think Dook drafted players with the picks acquired in the trade before he realized the trade was sent erroneously which is why it couldn't be flat out reversed?