DLF SuperFlex startup!

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Re: DLF SuperFlex startup!

Postby Madadamus » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:42 pm

maxhyde wrote:The list of players that has had a bad year for fantasy in the NFL=Every player ever
The main point is that they might have had a season in the sun like a Michael Crabtree but I am highlighting the fact that these players will not have had lived up to where they were drafted just 2 years ago. That's 40% of the players, and the number is actually greater when you factor in some players that have had decent seasons but are beginning to fade. I wouldn't classify them as misses, but someone like Brandon Marshall getting drafted in the 2nd round 2 years ago is pretty bad and it illustrates that we do not properly discount age regression like we should.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

iCantStop
Starter
Starter

Postby iCantStop » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:54 pm

Marshall also could have been a critical factor in winning money in some of those leagues. Age regression is real, but that doesn't mean that rookies are fool proof. Their value has been proven to be insulated for 2 years, but in a class that is widely known to be shallower than the past couple, it's more of a gamble.

I realize that the picks are going to gain "adp value" as time goes on, and I think players like Booker or Dixon will find favorable situations and could push the value of the 1.07 eve higher, but there's also a chance they don't go to a good situation and the WRs in this class don't get overdrafted because teams fill other needs (this is a really deep class on defense) in the 1st.

I can't speak for the other owners in the league, but I did not target rookie picks in this class because I don't believe in this class. I haven't done all of my homework, and some players will be good, but I preferred to take proven (at least somewhat) players as the draft went on and my team's identity evolved. At this point in time, I have no intentions to move into the first for any of the WR2s that are going to be drafted by Dallas, Cinci, NYG, Minny, etc. This is true in my other league where i don't have a 1st or 2nd. I'll settle for what comes to me in what is considered (and I am one of the believers) a weak class.

I'll be honest, though... I was hoping to get the 1.1 and take Zeke with my 3.04 pick in the start-up. Freeman is an acceptable consolation prize, though.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:30 pm

I'm going to bump this up since year 1 has concluded.

First off, pretty awesome league to be a part of. We had a wild finish as our champion was maxhyde. The funny thing is he wasn't a part of this draft as he took over for one of our members in the summer (hammertoes). So, thanks max for making us all look bad haha.

I think the general consensus was that Flash was the favorite to win the league but his season didn't turn out how he wanted it. Dookmariot, Buckeye and DaveP all were considered to have strong teams and all of them finished in the final four.

DynastyDeLorean and my approach led to an expected bottom finish.

I was getting blasted in this thread for going young in a poor rookie class so it's always fun to look bad a year ago and see the changes. Curious to see if any owners would do anything differently. It was a very weak class, but like I said last year, drafting guys like RGIII, Bradford, Chase Daniels, Karlos Williams, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Kenny Bell over late 1st round players was probably not ideal.
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor

12 Team PPR Dynasty
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:48 pm

Madadamus wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:30 pm I'm going to bump this up since year 1 has concluded.

First off, pretty awesome league to be a part of. We had a wild finish as our champion was maxhyde. The funny thing is he wasn't a part of this draft as he took over for one of our members in the summer (hammertoes). So, thanks max for making us all look bad haha.

I think the general consensus was that Flash was the favorite to win the league but his season didn't turn out how he wanted it. Dookmariot, Buckeye and DaveP all were considered to have strong teams and all of them finished in the final four.

DynastyDeLorean and my approach led to an expected bottom finish.

I was getting blasted in this thread for going young in a poor rookie class so it's always fun to look bad a year ago and see the changes. Curious to see if any owners would do anything differently. It was a very weak class, but like I said last year, drafting guys like RGIII, Bradford, Chase Daniels, Karlos Williams, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Kenny Bell over late 1st round players was probably not ideal.
Well I think the original owner did a solid job in the draft and I just set the cruise control and steered the bus.
Made some poor start sit decisions along the way and almost missed the playoffs with my teams late season antics of scoring 65% of previous weeks but I got lucky in the end.
It is a fun league and active which is nice. I want to make changes but usually don't do much major dealing until things settle down after the SB and we are in NFL FA.

Fun league I am happy to be a part of and look forward to season 2.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:34 am

FiremanEd wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:40 am In a startup with the picks available for selection, their value is what the draft said it was. People got to choose them or players. Sure they may appreciate in value in the next month, but people are pretty aware of the players that will be available there. This class will have hits, but it will have misses too. I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too much because while they may be safer in the short term, you could be left with little output in the end. There is definitely risk and depending on the foundation you can establish, your future is very unknown.

In a normal setting people can only get picks by trading for them. Here people had the chance at them. I don't think it is apples to apples.

I'll be interested to see how things play out, but we won't know for two years at least. A few different strategies at play. No one wrong or right given everyone needs some luck and the same strategy could work very different even 1 year later with different prospects.

Good luck to everyone. I hope the league is active and competitive for years to come!
It's basically been 2 years since this thread was created. We've had two full seasons now to digest a lot of information and see how the teams are shaping up now.

DaveP won this league this past year, he's pretty much dominated the league so far.

Some of the veteran teams in the start-up that were talked about having the best draft have already began to rebuild or are close to it.

Curious to see what the community thinks 2 years removed from the draft, and thought it would be a nice data point for new community members to see the progression of the teams.

http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/66932#0

12 Team PPR Dynasty

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:51 am

I was ahead of my time picking Gurley at 1.05 in the startup lol. Too bad I traded him away :crazy:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:22 pm

Just a brief update to note that the league is still going strong and entering its 6th season.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..