The Devy Report

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
nwhalen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

The Devy Report

Postby nwhalen » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:29 pm

The 2016 edition of The Devy Report started sales today.
144 pages
245 prospect profiles with analysis
120 other prospects to keep an eye on
$5
To purchase, go to thedevyreport.com

Last years is below as a comparison.

105 pages covering devy prospects
180 prospect profiles with analysis
69 other prospects to keep an eye on
If you're interested in purchasing for $5 please see the website below(included sample profile of Fournette).
https://thejuiceoffootball.wordpress.co ... vy-report/

Any questions, please feel free.

Thanks

Nick Whalen
Last edited by nwhalen on Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Re: The Devy Report

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:16 pm

Well I will step up since nobody else has to this point. If you are in this forum, you are probably in a devy league. Now I don't know about you, but I have a hard time finding much time to scout college players. This report is well worth $5 and will help you long after these guys are in the NFL. All of the top prospects from each draft eligible class broken down by position with metrics and analysis about strengths and weaknesses. But most importantly how each prospect may fare at the next level.

I just joined a startup devy league and we only have one round of devy picks so our league isn't as in depth as some others I am sure, but this report helped me make some moves and as of today I feel confident that I have 3 of the top 5 WR prospects for next season. I have never offered a testimonial before on anything, but if you are in a devy league, or even scouting your rookies for next year, this is only going to help. It isn't a quick snapshot either...this is a 100-page report of prospects, analysis, and more. If you are like me and have a family, kids, or just don't watch much college football, this is well worth the $5 and I doubt you will be disappointed. Print it out at your office like I did and throw it in your bathroom and enjoy!
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

pjh0736
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby pjh0736 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:26 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote:Well I will step up since nobody else has to this point. If you are in this forum, you are probably in a devy league. Now I don't know about you, but I have a hard time finding much time to scout college players. This report is well worth $5 and will help you long after these guys are in the NFL. All of the top prospects from each draft eligible class broken down by position with metrics and analysis about strengths and weaknesses. But most importantly how each prospect may fare at the next level.

I just joined a startup devy league and we only have one round of devy picks so our league isn't as in depth as some others I am sure, but this report helped me make some moves and as of today I feel confident that I have 3 of the top 5 WR prospects for next season. I have never offered a testimonial before on anything, but if you are in a devy league, or even scouting your rookies for next year, this is only going to help. It isn't a quick snapshot either...this is a 100-page report of prospects, analysis, and more. If you are like me and have a family, kids, or just don't watch much college football, this is well worth the $5 and I doubt you will be disappointed. Print it out at your office like I did and throw it in your bathroom and enjoy!
I spent the $5, I am not in devy league, but thought hell get a jump start on next years rookies. I wasnt really sure what i was getting into, but i was pleasantly surprised, over 100 pages of info for $5, can't beat that
TM1 12tmPPR 1QB, 2RB ,3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1DEF
QB Daniel Jones, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston

RB Saquon Barkley, James Conner, Joe Mixon, Chris Carson, Javonte Williams, Latavius Murray, DeeJay Dallas, Gerrid Doaks, Benny Snell

WR Davante Adams, Julio Jones, Tyler Boyd, Chris Godwin, Anthony Miller, Nelson Agholor, Robby Anderson, Zach Pascal, Rondale Moore, Jaelon Darden,

TE: Dallas Goedert, Austin Hooper, Dawson Knox

D 49ers,Ravens

Taxi Squad
Parris Campbell, Cornell Powell

Picks: 22 2nd, 22 3rd, 22 4th

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:03 am

Im not trying to be rude in asking, but can we check out what past year or two have looked like? Im gonna buy it anyways, but cool to see
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Swampdonkey17 wrote:Im not trying to be rude in asking, but can we check out what past year or two have looked like? Im gonna buy it anyways, but cool to see
I actually emailed Nick with that exact question and he said this is the first year he has done it. I was hoping to see as well, but I am anxious for next year to see how some of the devys fare in 2016 rookie picks. I expect Treadwell, Boyd, amd Davis will be in the Top 8.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:28 pm

I bought it anyways, but wanted to see in comparison. Cant believe hes only charging 5$.It's pretty extensive
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,

nwhalen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nwhalen » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:38 am

Swampdonkey17 wrote:I bought it anyways, but wanted to see in comparison. Cant believe hes only charging 5$.It's pretty extensive
Thanks, really I just want to share the information while getting a little $$$ for my time.

No, this is the 1st year of the devy report and we'll have an idea in the future of my prediction accuracy. Either way, it's a ton of information for the price of a burger.

amckechnie
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby amckechnie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:26 pm

Fantastic report, I can see it being a tremendous help for anyone in a Devy league. Only thing I would maybe consider adding is the draft eligibility for QBs and TEs, can be pretty easily figured out a lot of the times, but it would be nice to have that available at a glance like the RBs and WRs.
12 team tiered PPR(.33 RB, .66 WR, 1 TE) 30 roster spots, *Devy league. (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX, K, DEF)
QB: T. Romo, A. Dalton, A. McCarron, D. Prescott, C, Wentz, *K. Allen
RB: L. Mccoy, C. Hyde, M. Jones, J. Allen, T. West, K. Willams, J. Williams, M. Davis
WR:J. Landry, B. Cooks, K. Benjamin, T. Lockett, W. Fuller, J. Strong, M. Lee, J. Nelson, B. Ellington, *C. Sutton, *J. Washington
TE: R. Gronkowski, M. Williams, C. Gillmore, V. Mcdonald

12 team PPR, 30 roster spots(1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF)
QB: A. Luck, A. Smith, R. Griffin
RB: D. Lewis, D. Woodhead, M. Davis, K. Carey, A. Blue, O. Darkwa
WR: S. Watkins, D. Bryant, J. Brown, J. Crowder, S. Smith, J. Nelson, S. Johnson, J. Hunter, P. Richardson
TE: T. Eifert, J. Thomas, M. Bennett, D. Sims

nwhalen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nwhalen » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:49 am

amckechnie wrote:Fantastic report, I can see it being a tremendous help for anyone in a Devy league. Only thing I would maybe consider adding is the draft eligibility for QBs and TEs, can be pretty easily figured out a lot of the times, but it would be nice to have that available at a glance like the RBs and WRs.
Thank you, very appreciative.

I initially did have them broken down by classes, but then switched it.
I felt that:
1) QBs/TEs are much more scheme dependent when projecting NFL careers vs RBs/WRs. Therefore I had less profiles on them.
2) TEs are difficult to scout due to a lack of targets
3) I felt that ranking them within each class wasn't as important than vs each other.

I will reconsider this next year because i'm always looking for ways to improve the report.

Nick

amckechnie
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby amckechnie » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:06 pm

dlf_nickw wrote:
amckechnie wrote:Fantastic report, I can see it being a tremendous help for anyone in a Devy league. Only thing I would maybe consider adding is the draft eligibility for QBs and TEs, can be pretty easily figured out a lot of the times, but it would be nice to have that available at a glance like the RBs and WRs.
Thank you, very appreciative.

I initially did have them broken down by classes, but then switched it.
I felt that:
1) QBs/TEs are much more scheme dependent when projecting NFL careers vs RBs/WRs. Therefore I had less profiles on them.
2) TEs are difficult to scout due to a lack of targets
3) I felt that ranking them within each class wasn't as important than vs each other.

I will reconsider this next year because i'm always looking for ways to improve the report.

Nick

I actually agree with you and don't necessarily feel ranking them by draft class is as needed as RB/WRs. Just an added little blurb in the box with their 40 times etc. would suffice I think. Just something to be able to quickly see how long one might have to potentially hold onto them if they are drafted.
12 team tiered PPR(.33 RB, .66 WR, 1 TE) 30 roster spots, *Devy league. (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX, K, DEF)
QB: T. Romo, A. Dalton, A. McCarron, D. Prescott, C, Wentz, *K. Allen
RB: L. Mccoy, C. Hyde, M. Jones, J. Allen, T. West, K. Willams, J. Williams, M. Davis
WR:J. Landry, B. Cooks, K. Benjamin, T. Lockett, W. Fuller, J. Strong, M. Lee, J. Nelson, B. Ellington, *C. Sutton, *J. Washington
TE: R. Gronkowski, M. Williams, C. Gillmore, V. Mcdonald

12 team PPR, 30 roster spots(1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF)
QB: A. Luck, A. Smith, R. Griffin
RB: D. Lewis, D. Woodhead, M. Davis, K. Carey, A. Blue, O. Darkwa
WR: S. Watkins, D. Bryant, J. Brown, J. Crowder, S. Smith, J. Nelson, S. Johnson, J. Hunter, P. Richardson
TE: T. Eifert, J. Thomas, M. Bennett, D. Sims

nwhalen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nwhalen » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:54 am

I'm working on the 2016 Devy Report and thought i'd make a post in here.

1) I'm going to include many more profiles this year. Probably every 5/4* recruit for instance. However, post any players you want included in the report and i'll make sure to study them if I can.

2) Let me know of any other suggestions/sections you would like to see in it.

Thanks and good luck in your FF playoffs.

Nick Whalen

bwalsh015
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bwalsh015 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:06 am

Hey Nick I love the Devy report and it's a fantastic piece of help to me. If possible could you include a comparison for players like player X in college or high school compares to player y in the NFL? No big deal if not but that would be extra useful to me! Thanks and have a great holiday.
1: 10-Team
1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1(r/w/t)
QB: Cam,Winston
RB: Gurley,Melvin,C-Mike,Ware,JC,Dixon,McKinnon, Howard
WR:OBJ,Cooper,Watkins,Parker, Enuwa,
TE: Gronk,Ebron
K: Bailey
DST: Eagles
17 Picks 1,2,3,

2: 14-Team .5 PPR (6pt all TDs,1 pt tackle, 4pt Int, 5 pt Sack)
1QB-2RB-3WR-2TE-2(r/w/t)-K-3DL-3LB-3DB
17 Picks 3,4
http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/123654/teams/971666

3: 10-Team .5 PPR (4pt pass TD,1.5 pt tackle, 4pt sack, 6pt Int)
1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 R/W/T, 1 QB/R/W/T, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB
17 Picks 1,2,3,4
http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/181730/teams/1237292

4: 10-Team .5 PPR (4pt pass TD,1 pt tackle, 4pt Int, 5 pt Sack)
2QB-2RB-3WR-2TE-2(r/w/t)-K-3DL-3LB-3DB-2 D Flex
17 Picks 1,2,3,4
http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/181435/teams/1235743

5: 12-Team .5 PPR (4pt pass TD,1.5 pt tackle, 6pt Int, 4 pt Sack)
2QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1(r/w/t)-K-2DL-2LB-2DB-3 D Flex
17 Picks 1,2,3,4
http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/182878/teams/1244569

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:35 am

Hey Nick, there's a couple flyers I picked up in this year's devy draft and I'd love to hear your opinions:

Bo Scarbrough RB Alabama
Jordan Scarlett RB Florida
Equanimeous St Brown WR Notre Dame
Damore'ea Stringfellow WR Ole Miss

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:57 am

I really wanna see an analysis on Tajae Sharp and Marquez North, or anyone elses opinions on them. Being from MA, ive aeen and read some on Tajae, impressive.

The Dynasty Niche
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Dynasty Niche » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Cooper Kupp :clap:
8 Team DEVY* 2QB PPR: Start 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 4FLEX. 22 Man Roster
QB's: Luck, Rivers, Ryan, Watson*, Kayaa*
RB's: David Johnson, Peterson, Ajayi, Lewis, Dunbar, Stewart, McKinnon, K. Marshall, Guice*
WR's: Hopkins, Robinson, Green, Marshall, Allen, Bryant, Cooper, Parker, DBG, Evans, Smelter, Gordon, Williams*, Davis*, Villamin*, Cain*
TE's: Gronk, ASJ