2015 WR class

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

2015 WR class

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:17 am

Thoughts on this years WR class coming up? Is Cooper everyone's #1WR? If Green-Beckham declares where would you put him? Is White for real? Any other notes? If you could put 2014 WR's in this class, what would it look like?
(Granted I know theyre not on NFL teams yet, im just talking talent based)
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: 2015 WR class

Postby italian_stallion21 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:12 am

Swampdonkey17 wrote:Thoughts on this years WR class coming up? Is Cooper everyone's #1WR? If Green-Beckham declares where would you put him? Is White for real? Any other notes? If you could put 2014 WR's in this class, what would it look like?
It's a good class with some nice talent, but I don't think it comes close to touching last years. As for the #1, I think it would have to be Cooper, although there's probably 3 or 4 guys making a push (Strong, Parker etc) but Cooper has been dominant all season long. As for DGB, I think he'll be a mid to late first, as I think we're (and NFL teams) more cognisant of character issues and don't give guys the same leash they did before. His talent and potential will keep him in the 1st I think, any mock I've done hasn't seen him go lower than 1.10.

captain_insano
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby captain_insano » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:04 pm

italian_stallion21 wrote:
Swampdonkey17 wrote:Thoughts on this years WR class coming up? Is Cooper everyone's #1WR? If Green-Beckham declares where would you put him? Is White for real? Any other notes? If you could put 2014 WR's in this class, what would it look like?
It's a good class with some nice talent, but I don't think it comes close to touching last years. As for the #1, I think it would have to be Cooper, although there's probably 3 or 4 guys making a push (Strong, Parker etc) but Cooper has been dominant all season long. As for DGB, I think he'll be a mid to late first, as I think we're (and NFL teams) more cognisant of character issues and don't give guys the same leash they did before. His talent and potential will keep him in the 1st I think, any mock I've done hasn't seen him go lower than 1.10.
What's the highest you've seen DGB go in mocks?

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:22 pm

I saw him at 1.03. I could see him there if he had no baggage and played this year, but he didnt. 1.09-1.12 is what I think is landing point barring major changes
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:23 pm

BTW Ray Finkle as K made me really LOL

captain_insano
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby captain_insano » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Swampdonkey17 wrote:BTW Ray Finkle as K made me really LOL
haha! I wondered when somebody would catch that.

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:10 am

I really want dgb as he has stud potential. I will probably be using my 1.3-1.4 to draft him. I have 5 1sts and the 2.1 in the upcoming draft for my team in sig.
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:52 pm

yooperbacker wrote:I really want dgb as he has stud potential. I will probably be using my 1.3-1.4 to draft him. I have 5 1sts and the 2.1 in the upcoming draft for my team in sig.
Over Amari Cooper? Interesting

AS3Dynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby AS3Dynasty » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:09 am

I was checking out Kevin White on DraftBreakdown last night. I watched a lot on White, and what was available on Jaelen Strong, Cooper and DGB.

DGB stood out to me, but he was playing against Kentucky. Can't really hold that against him, but he looked unstoppable. After I was finished watching the videos on Kevin White, I was left with an impression that wasn't too far past Cooper at all. I'd say Cooper >or= DGB >or= White > Strong.

I loved that Kevin White could block his bleep off. Strong and Amari Cooper both looked lost with their blocking assignments.
Team 1 - 10 Team, PPR, IDP, Year 2
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, 2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB
QB: Ryan, Palmer
RB: Gurley, Gordon, Hill, Gio, Spiller, Mason
WR: Julio, AJG, BMarsh, Cooks, JBrown, Wallace, Quick, Crowder, Huff
TE: Gates, Julius, Ladarius, Watson
K: Prater
LB: Bowman, Shazier, Posluszny
DL: Quinn, Hardy
DB: Chancellor, Talib, Norman
IR: JGordon, Fowler, Zenner

Team 2 - 10 Team, PPR, IDP-Tackle Heavy, Year 2
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, 1 LB, 1 DL, 1 DB
QB: Tanny, Kaep, Bradford
RB: Foster, Hill, Yeldon, Abdullah, Duke, Bell, Blue, Mason
WR: AJG, Alshon, Floyd, Quick, Perriman, Dorsett, Huff, Conley, Woods, DSmith, Latimer, Coleman
TE: Reed, Rudolph, Watson
K: Bailey
LB: Ogletree, Telvin
DL: ABailey
DB: Cyprien
IR: Jordy, JGordon, DCobb

tmacdaman1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tmacdaman1 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:30 am

AS3Dynasty wrote:I was checking out Kevin White on DraftBreakdown last night. I watched a lot on White, and what was available on Jaelen Strong, Cooper and DGB.

DGB stood out to me, but he was playing against Kentucky. Can't really hold that against him, but he looked unstoppable. After I was finished watching the videos on Kevin White, I was left with an impression that wasn't too far past Cooper at all. I'd say Cooper >or= DGB >or= White > Strong.

I loved that Kevin White could block his bleep off. Strong and Amari Cooper both looked lost with their blocking assignments.
Where do you think Parker and Funchess would fit in there - after Strong?

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:18 am

captain_insano wrote:
italian_stallion21 wrote:
What's the highest you've seen DGB go in mocks?
Highest in the DLF was 1.05 if I remember correctly.

AS3Dynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby AS3Dynasty » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:45 pm

tmacdaman1 wrote:
AS3Dynasty wrote:I was checking out Kevin White on DraftBreakdown last night. I watched a lot on White, and what was available on Jaelen Strong, Cooper and DGB.

Where do you think Parker and Funchess would fit in there - after Strong?
I'm a huge Michigan fan, and I personally think Funchess is a fraud. He doesn't run good routes. Half of his catches come from 5-10 yard hitches. The routes he does run usually fade off. His cuts aren't sharp, or quick. I hope his hype builds, because I'll gladly let someone else take him in the 1st or early 2nd.

I should have mentioned Parker in my grouping of the 4 above. I think he fits right in there with them. I like Devante Parker more than Jaelen Strong, but not as much as Kevin White. Parker has all the intangibles you look for in a WR1. Funchess is off my radar.
Team 1 - 10 Team, PPR, IDP, Year 2
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, 2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB
QB: Ryan, Palmer
RB: Gurley, Gordon, Hill, Gio, Spiller, Mason
WR: Julio, AJG, BMarsh, Cooks, JBrown, Wallace, Quick, Crowder, Huff
TE: Gates, Julius, Ladarius, Watson
K: Prater
LB: Bowman, Shazier, Posluszny
DL: Quinn, Hardy
DB: Chancellor, Talib, Norman
IR: JGordon, Fowler, Zenner

Team 2 - 10 Team, PPR, IDP-Tackle Heavy, Year 2
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, 1 LB, 1 DL, 1 DB
QB: Tanny, Kaep, Bradford
RB: Foster, Hill, Yeldon, Abdullah, Duke, Bell, Blue, Mason
WR: AJG, Alshon, Floyd, Quick, Perriman, Dorsett, Huff, Conley, Woods, DSmith, Latimer, Coleman
TE: Reed, Rudolph, Watson
K: Bailey
LB: Ogletree, Telvin
DL: ABailey
DB: Cyprien
IR: Jordy, JGordon, DCobb

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:49 pm

I like your ranks a lot AS3. Where do you have D'haquille Williams and Sammie Coats?
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:16 pm

My top-5 WR's right now:

Cooper/Parker
White
DGB
Duke Williams

Guys that will be situation dependent for me, and whose draft pedigree will tell me a lot: Diggs, Funchess

Guys I don't like as much as most seem to: Strong, Coates, Agholor, Montgomery, Greene

Guys I need to see more of: Caroo, Greenberry, Smelter

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Interesting thought poped into my head.

Williams only has a year of college football at a D1 level, correct?

Funchess is considered to have the tools but he hasn't produced at the level many expected, it may take him some time.

If DGB stays clean, what's keeping him behind these guys?

He has shown flashes of insane superstar-level abilities and shouldn't be any more raw than at least Williams.

Is that logical?