2015 Draft Class

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Mike_Blahnik
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 2015 Draft Class

Postby Mike_Blahnik » Tue May 13, 2014 9:41 am

Vendetta wrote:Despite the devaluation of RBs I believe next year will see a 1st round RB in the draft for the first time in 3 years. Both Gordon and Gurley are better better prospects than anybody at the position the last two years. Keep your eyes on Atlanta, I'm not sold on Freeman as the lead back there long term
I would say to keep this in mind when evaluating any rookie RB this year. They are all replacement level (until proven otherwise) and could be supplemented by a more talented back in 12 months.

Think Gio, Lattimore, and Stacy this year. Regardless of how you feel about them (I play PPR and like Gio, not as high on Stacy/Lattimore), no question that their teams bringing in Hill, Mason, and Hyde, respectively, is a ding to their market value.

Freeman, Sankey, Carey, Williams, and White are all examples of rookie RBs this year with some buzz/optimism that I would caution against buying the idea that they will be the man long term.

Not all will agree, but that's my take. Buyer beware.
League of Economical Gentlemen
12 Team 2QB .5ppr with return yardage
QB/QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex

For the Gipper
Newton/Tannehill/G. Smith/Henne/Fitzpatrick
Bernard/Ivory/Hunter/Carey/
Patterson/Floyd/Blackmon/Shorts/T Williams/Adams
Gronkowski/ASJ/Gresham

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri May 16, 2014 9:32 am

it'll just a million times.. next year is suppose to be the year of the rb.

This year was suppose to be the year of the cant miss qb.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:58 pm

ebsteelers wrote:This year was suppose to be the year of the cant miss qb.
It really wasn't. Bridgewater was nit-picked to death but he always had questions to answer for a lot of draftniks.

danb22
Starter
Starter

Postby danb22 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:01 am

Is next year going to be deep at RB this this year was at WR? I'm behind and don't really know many names past the top two MG3 and Gurley..

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Fri May 23, 2014 8:29 am

danb22 wrote:Is next year going to be deep at RB this this year was at WR? I'm behind and don't really know many names past the top two MG3 and Gurley..
In theory this is likely the case. However, a lot of teams in the NFL seem set at RB for the next few years so a lot of the guys we'll be talking about at the position between now and next April / May will probably end up in less-than-ideal situations, but, I'd suspect that at least three of them will land in pretty good spots, and if they're the right guys would be more highly sought after than anybody at the position this year. I don't see Devonta Freeman as the answer in Atlanta so if somebody like Gordon or Gurley go there would probably be in the running for the 1.1. There's also guys like Mike Davis, Duke Johnson, Karlos Williams, T.J. Yeldon, Matt Jones, Jay Ajayi and I'm sure more that I haven't even heard of yet.

Bronx Bomber
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Bronx Bomber » Sat May 24, 2014 7:13 am

WR class is getting knocked but with Cooper, Diggs, Strong, Parker leading it with the potential of others emerging and a continued theme of underclassmen declaring it could be a pretty good class. Not a Watkins, Evans maybe but pretty strong.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Sun May 25, 2014 10:57 am

Bronx Bomber wrote:WR class is getting knocked but with Cooper, Diggs, Strong, Parker leading it with the potential of others emerging and a continued theme of underclassmen declaring it could be a pretty good class. Not a Watkins, Evans maybe but pretty strong.
Diggs/DGB are the only ones I could see (as of right now) possibly breaking into that near=elite Mike Evans-like tier if they come back healthy (Diggs from injury, DGB from his mental errors). Cooper looks good, but he doesn't have that "future NFL WR1" pop to his game.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Mon May 26, 2014 12:19 pm

Seventy5 wrote:
Bronx Bomber wrote:WR class is getting knocked but with Cooper, Diggs, Strong, Parker leading it with the potential of others emerging and a continued theme of underclassmen declaring it could be a pretty good class. Not a Watkins, Evans maybe but pretty strong.
Diggs/DGB are the only ones I could see (as of right now) possibly breaking into that near=elite Mike Evans-like tier if they come back healthy (Diggs from injury, DGB from his mental errors). Cooper looks good, but he doesn't have that "future NFL WR1" pop to his game.
Diggs is awesome and so much fun to watch. Top 5 pick in rookie drafts.