Top Pick in this years Rookie Draft.

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Top Pick in this years Rookie Draft.

Postby guyatwork37 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm assuming Watkins goes before Lee, but I'm guessing Bridgewater goes first due to the hype train and the premium on QBs.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:37 am

Things will definitely change a bit, but right now I have it looking something like:

1.01 - Sammy Watkins
1.02 - Marqise Lee
1.03 - Melvin Gordon
1.04 - Lache Seastrunk
1.05 - Allen Robinson
1.06 - Teddy Bridgewater
1.07 - Eric Ebron
1.08 - ASJ
1.09 - Donte Moncrief
1.10 - Davante Adams

Want to watch more of - Carey, Sankey, Michael Dyer (Bryce brown type), Mariota, De'Anthony Thomas, Mike Evans, Tahj Boyd, Isaiah Crowell.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:21 pm

I thought I read that Gordon wasn't gong to declare? At least that's what he says right now. Things could easily change once his his agent tells him he's going in the first two rounds.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Cy23
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cy23 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:29 am

DJB wrote:I thought I read that Gordon wasn't gong to declare? At least that's what he says right now. Things could easily change once his his agent tells him he's going in the first two rounds.

Gordon has spoken about wanting to come back and compete for the Heisman next year, but I think two things:

1- Season is still going. I don't trust anyone until after the season, his opinion might change or he might be lying to keep his teammates happy
2- He might want to stay in school, but I think it is the worst possible business decision he could make. Instead of being a top RB in a relatively weak class, he could become the RB4 next year even if he has an effective year.

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:50 am

I'm sure an agent will come by and show him Lattimore's injury video and his draft position and related salary. Gordon will declare shortly after.

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:44 am

If Gordon comes out, he'll instantly be the best RB available and depending on team need would be the only other guy that could challenge Watkins for the top rookie pick. Mike Evans will likely be a top 5 pick as long as he runs a 4.5 or better.

jason401
Starter
Starter

Postby jason401 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Wow, lotta love for Gordon. I've watched a lot of Wisconsin games and watched a lot of the highlights from him and White. I personally don't think Gordon is ready for the NFL. His skill seems to be speed (obviously, that's not a bad thing!), but I don't see a lot else from him at this point. He hits a huge hole and just takes off. Doesn't seem to possess much lateral agility. Or, maybe he just doesn't need it? But I've seen some plays where he has one guy to beat (but doesn't) and he just tries to run past him instead of making a cut to change his direction just enough to make it. That is where White excels in my opinion. White has a great 'plant and go' move, he sticks his foot in the ground, changes direction and takes off. He doesn't have the top end speed that Gordon possesses, but he's very quick, has great vision, and seems to have some wiggle. He also knows how to use his blockers. Reminds me of Ray Rice honestly (just to make a comparison).

I need to see more of Gordon. Granted, he'll still be the top one or two rb's taken in fantasy drafts next year if he comes out, I'm just not convinced I've seen enough from him. Not that I know anything lol, I'm just saying what I see. :D

Also, Seastrunk looks pretty dynamic. He's my first rb off the board as of right now.
Last edited by jason401 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:02 pm

I would take Watkins,lee, and evans before Gordon.
A bunch of WR1's over a decent RB

BadgerYou
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BadgerYou » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Lee a WR1? I think he has the biggest bust potential. I see him in the same light as Maclin, but maybe that is just because he hasn't had a solid QB to make him shine. Hope he proves me wrong, but I won't be taking him with a 1st round pick this year if i have a chance with one my 3 1sts.
"Ask for the world in return, settle for a couple continents" - Trading Studs

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:42 pm

BadgerYou wrote:Lee a WR1? I think he has the biggest bust potential. I see him in the same light as Maclin, but maybe that is just because he hasn't had a solid QB to make him shine. Hope he proves me wrong, but I won't be taking him with a 1st round pick this year if i have a chance with one my 3 1sts.
Did you watch the game last week? Dude sold me.

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:48 pm

BadgerYou wrote:Lee a WR1? I think he has the biggest bust potential. I see him in the same light as Maclin, but maybe that is just because he hasn't had a solid QB to make him shine. Hope he proves me wrong, but I won't be taking him with a 1st round pick this year if i have a chance with one my 3 1sts.
When Barkley was slinging too him, he looked like an animal for a couple of years. Now imagine him with an NFL starting QB...

daz49ers
Starter
Starter

Postby daz49ers » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:15 am

out side of the top 3 wr Watkins, Evans and Lee, ill be taking Seastrunk if he lands in the right spot in the draft, love his speed and his ability to catch the ball in passing game makes me excited to own him in ppr, kinda looks like a faster ray rice
Bands & Booze, Brains Of Deliah - http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0008

Ultimate Pigskin Classic, Yo'da Man - http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0012

DC vs Marvel, The Joker - http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0001

X-Men Vs. Avengers Superflex, Deadpool - http://www72.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0005

A League Of Thrones (Start up auction in July) Khaleesi, Mother Of Dragons http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0003

TheIDPGuy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TheIDPGuy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:56 am

I agree with most of the commenters here. Been doing a decent amount of scouting this year's class myself and I'm fairly certain that this would be my top 5 for fantasy (assuming you have no positional need in particular):

1.01 Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
1.02 Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
1.03 Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio St.
1.04 Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
1.05 Marqise Lee, WR, USC

Depending on fit, DeAnthony Thomas (RB, Oregon) could be a good option too, but I could also see him becoming the next Denard Robinson. Bishop Sankey (RB, Washington) might be nice if he lands in a good situation, but he doesn't have the destructive talent that Hyde and Seastrunk do. If you need a QB, I think it's Bridgewater all the way; assuming he goes to a team in need of a QB like JAX or HOU, he will be a starter and has displayed a massive amount of adaptability and poise under pressure, a huge component for me for QB success. Top TE option might be Eric Ebron (N. Carolina) or Jace Amaro (Texas A&M), but I don't see either being the immediate threat that players like Gronk or Graham were. Rookie TE's take a while.
Find me on Twitter @TheIDPGuy, at NumberFire, or on Off Coverage!

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:00 pm

No love for Gordon?

BadgerYou
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BadgerYou » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Love him just fine, just hard to dethrone a top WR selection. Also rumblings that he returns for another year which probably hurts his hype.
"Ask for the world in return, settle for a couple continents" - Trading Studs