Consensus Top 11 Pre-NFL Draft?

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Consensus Top 11 Pre-NFL Draft?

Postby meineymoe » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:34 am

In the past two rookie mocks on this site we've had the same top 11 players drafted, and ten of them went in the top ten in the earlier mock, with Chris Polk dropping a couple spots as owners preferred to go WR.

So, does this look like the top 11 picks according to everyone? (ordered by position, and ranked within position)

QB Luck
QB Griffin
RB Richardson
RB Miller
RB Martin
RB Wilson
RB Polk
WR Blackmon
WR Floyd
WR Wright
WR Jeffery

-oo-

(Note: not looking for "group think" :crazy: consensus, but opinions)

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Consensus Top 11 Pre-NFL Draft?

Postby BeRanDone » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:08 am

I think you nailed it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hill take Jeffery's top 11 slot.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Polk and Jeffery don't belong on the list imo...Hill will be on it though

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:41 pm

I think Martin has a real chance to pass Miller as the 2nd RB taken but those look pretty good to me.

Hawks Nest 12th Man
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hawks Nest 12th Man » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Qb RGIII , Luck. Rb T. Rich, Martin, Miller, Polk, Wilson. Wr Floyd, Blackmon, Hill, Jeffery
DONKEY PUNCHERS....12 teams start 1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1flex rb/wr/te, te, k, d/sp, 0.5ppr, all tds 6pts, 0.1pt run/rec yd, .033pt pass yd, .04 return yd all return tds 6pts, 20 player roster, 1 IR Spot, 2pt bonus all tds over 50yds...
QBs Luck, Mayfield
RBs McCaffery, Kerryon, Drake, Breida, Gio
WRs C. Davis, T Boyd, D Hamilton, Kupp, Westbrook, MVS, Callaway
TEs Engram, Graham, Hurst
DEF/SP Bills
K Elliot

AK49
Captain
Captain

Postby AK49 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:01 am

Jeffery has been dropping like a rock for well documented reasons.
However, he is probably now in the range where it is worth taking a risk on him.
Late first early second.
I think the WRs become quite muddled after Wright.
Hill, Randel, Sanu, D. Jones, Jeffery
12 Team PPR TE Premium
(1) QB Stafford, Cutler
(1-3)RB: CJ Spiller, F Jax, Mathews, Latavius
(2-4)WR: AJ Green, C. Patterson, Alshon Jeffery, M. Floyd, J. Blackmon, M. Wheaton, M. Brown
(0-2)TE: Julius Thomas, Ladarius Green, K. Rudolph

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:40 am

Jeffery is the only guy I would take off the list, swapping him with Hill. I still feel Polk is worthy of top 11 status, but I am sure this whole group of guys might shift a hair post draft.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:35 am

First, I don't play in any 11-team leagues so I'm probably not qualified to comment but I will. ;)

Jeffery won't be in my top-11 unless he does something amazing at the SC pro-day and is drafted in to a near optimal situation. I think he's a ticking time bomb and I'd rather go a different direction at the back end of the first. Other than that, I think that's the group.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:39 am

tstafford wrote:First, I don't play in any 11-team leagues so I'm probably not qualified to comment but I will. ;)

Jeffery won't be in my top-11 unless he does something amazing at the SC pro-day and is drafted in to a near optimal situation. I think he's a ticking time bomb and I'd rather go a different direction at the back end of the first. Other than that, I think that's the group.
:lol: @ the 11-team league comment.

Agree about Jeffery. I hold the 1.12 in a league and would feel fine taking him there if my draft was today, but we'll see after some more things shake out.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:40 am

tstafford wrote:First, I don't play in any 11-team leagues so I'm probably not qualified to comment but I will. ;)

couldn't get a read on the consensus #12, so did the cutoff here - I do agree though that Jeffery does fall into that next tier of WRs with Manu, Hill, et al, so this may be a top ten...

what I like to do in my rookie drafts is tier the players - the top tier is Richardson, and maybe Luck. What I like to do is figure out how many players are on that second tier when deciding how far I need to move up in the draft, if any. If that second tier does end up being 8 players, then I can safely be at pick 1.10 to get a player that I feel is on the same tier as the player taken at 1.04 - this is kind of simplistic, and there are usually more tiers in there, but this season does seem to be shaping up to have a larger second tier for me.... In reality, I'd probably form a third tier out of Polk, Wright, and maybe Wilson, so pick 1.07 would be the cutoff for the second tier, 1.10 for the third....

and of course, the NFL draft could influence this a bit, but usually moreso when I get into the lower tiers - four, five, six, etc....

-oo-

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:45 am

meineymoe wrote:

couldn't get a read on the consensus #12, so did the cutoff here - I do agree though that Jeffery does fall into that next tier of WRs with Manu, Hill, et al, so this may be a top ten...

what I like to do in my rookie drafts is tier the players - the top tier is Richardson, and maybe Luck. What I like to do is figure out how many players are on that second tier when deciding how far I need to move up in the draft, if any. If that second tier does end up being 8 players, then I can safely be at pick 1.10 to get a player that I feel is on the same tier as the player taken at 1.04 - this is kind of simplistic, and there are usually more tiers in there, but this season does seem to be shaping up to have a larger second tier for me.... In reality, I'd probably form a third tier out of Polk, Wright, and maybe Wilson, so pick 1.07 would be the cutoff for the second tier, 1.10 for the third....

and of course, the NFL draft could influence this a bit, but usually moreso when I get into the lower tiers - four, five, six, etc....

-oo-
I agree 100% on the tier approach. I explained it in detail in my article on why to draft BPA. You're spot on that it's the way to go. The only thing I really know for sure is that T.Rich is my first tier (like you) and for me he's alone in that tier. After that, I'm not sure yet. Luck will be in tier two, but I don't yet know who's joining him. Blackmon is highly likely, but I'm a skeptic (as is well documented).

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Postby NJKV » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:31 am

My personal taste is I think Hill jumps in front of Jeffery and I like Wright over Floyd despite the Combine. I like your RB's ranking and QB's.

Jimi Hendrix
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jimi Hendrix » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:49 pm

BeRanDone wrote:I think you nailed it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hill take Jeffery's top 11 slot.
:thumbup:
DLF Charter- Carolina Crosstown Traffic
DLF Charter II- Carolina Cozmik Vibes
DLF IDP Invitational--Stone Free
DLF IDP Invitational II--Lazy Lightnin (15 Champions)
DLF United -- Carolina Experience (17 Champs)
Lead Dog--Bad Company
FAAFFL--Purple Haze (99,08 Champions)
RnRFFL--Crosstown Traffic (2000, 02, 04, 10, 17, 18,19 Champions)
Gridiron Elite Dynasty League--Appalachian Mountaineers

dcr1984
Captain
Captain

Postby dcr1984 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 pm

I think I might give the edge to Wilson over Martin, but I don't feel strongly about it.
Team 1: (20 man rosters)
10 team, negative 0.1 pt per pass, rush, reception. (1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 K / 1 DEF)

QB: Jackson, Geno
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Ekeler, Foreman, Patterson
WR: Hill, Wilson, Deebo, Allen, Jeudy, Meyers, Zay Jones, OBJ
TE: Hockenson
K: Dicker
Def: SF, Phi, Dallas

2023: 1.07

Team 2: (18 man rosters)
10 team, 0.5 PPR, 6 pt passing TD (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 WR/RB, 1 TE, K, Def)

Qb: Jackson, Cousins, Lance
RB: Taylor, Fournette, Gibson, Patterson, Gaskin, Elijah Mitchell
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, DJM, Lamb, Rondale Moore
TE: Kelce
Def: Cin

Team 3:
12 Team PPR SF/1.5 TE Premium (QB-2RB-3WR-2RB/WR/TE flex, 1 superflex)
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Lawrence
RB: Taylor, Swift, Henry, Hall, Patterson, Wilson, Burkhead, Ingram
WR: Adams, Lamb, A-Rob, JuJu, Calloway, Berrios,
TE: Kittle, Gesicki, Gronk, McBride, Hurst, Jonnu
2023: 2nd, 2nd
2024: 3,4

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:57 am

I have my top 9 and after that I think draft, situation will swat me slightly...My top 9 are (probably the same as everyone else's)

Richardson
Luck
Blackmon
Miller
Martin
Griffin III
Floyd
Wilson
Wright

From there I think it can change a lot since we have a ways to go...RB's Pearce, James and Polk; WR's Jeffery, Hill, Sanu, Quick and QB's Tannehill

I guess that's my top 17 with Fleener being #18!!! :thumbup:
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play