2012 Rookie RBs...

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: 2012 Rookie RBs...

Postby hosler427 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:06 pm

ConnSKINS26 wrote:
melish1631 wrote:
ConnSKINS26 wrote: Damn, thought this would cause a stir haha.
Too early...location, location, location ...will determine the fate of some!
True, but I like to call my shots before the draft, going on my eyeball test of their talent. Then I spend the whole draft hoping that my favorite prospects land in great situations, as well!
You have to do the eyeball test beforehand IMO. If you don't, you end up overvaluing guys like Daniel Thomas. I will have my rankings pretty well set before the combine and make small adjustments from that point on.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:24 pm

hosler427 wrote:
ConnSKINS26 wrote:
melish1631 wrote: Too early...location, location, location ...will determine the fate of some!
True, but I like to call my shots before the draft, going on my eyeball test of their talent. Then I spend the whole draft hoping that my favorite prospects land in great situations, as well!
You have to do the eyeball test beforehand IMO. If you don't, you end up overvaluing guys like Daniel Thomas. I will have my rankings pretty well set before the combine and make small adjustments from that point on.
Exactly.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:37 pm

I personally don't like using my eyeball test at all. I don't watch enough college football, and I don't trust my eyes to tell me anything useful. I mostly rely on stats and the analysis of professional scouts in making my lists.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

Hawks Nest 12th Man
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hawks Nest 12th Man » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:12 pm

RobertBobson wrote:I personally don't like using my eyeball test at all. I don't watch enough college football, and I don't trust my eyes to tell me anything useful. I mostly rely on stats and the analysis of professional scouts in making my lists.
I think it depends which scouts you listen too. I suggest doing a little research and see who is fairly accurate at different positions. I generally like the sportingnews writers & experts. Had Kendal Hunter ranked #1 rb in 2011 draft. Love to hear of some other resources that don't have cookie cutter player predictions, not crazy shots in the dark but maybe a 5 or 6 year sample that has been fairly accurate
DONKEY PUNCHERS....12 teams start 1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1flex rb/wr/te, te, k, d/sp, 0.5ppr, all tds 6pts, 0.1pt run/rec yd, .033pt pass yd, .04 return yd all return tds 6pts, 20 player roster, 1 IR Spot, 2pt bonus all tds over 50yds...
QBs Luck, Mayfield
RBs McCaffery, Kerryon, Drake, Breida, Gio
WRs C. Davis, T Boyd, D Hamilton, Kupp, Westbrook, MVS, Callaway
TEs Engram, Graham, Hurst
DEF/SP Bills
K Elliot

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:22 pm

hosler427 wrote:
Couldn't agree more.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:35 am

RobertBobson wrote:I personally don't like using my eyeball test at all. I don't watch enough college football, and I don't trust my eyes to tell me anything useful. I mostly rely on stats and the analysis of professional scouts in making my lists.
I'm with RB. Stats and a heavy dose of Matt Waldman, Wes Bunting, and Scott Wright/Shane Hallam. A much lighter dose of Todd McShay.

bobbytheo3
Starter
Starter

Postby bobbytheo3 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:26 am

Hawks Nest 12th Man wrote:
I think it depends which scouts you listen too. I suggest doing a little research and see who is fairly accurate at different positions. I generally like the sportingnews writers & experts. Had Kendal Hunter ranked #1 rb in 2011 draft. Love to hear of some other resources that don't have cookie cutter player predictions, not crazy shots in the dark but maybe a 5 or 6 year sample that has been fairly accurate
Did Kendall Hunter do something this season I am not aware of?

Everyone on this site loves the guy, and maybe he will end up being good, but hes very small and hasn't proven anything to deserve the hype.

Either way, I'd be highly skeptical of a scout who had him ranked over Ingram, Williams, and Murray.
___________________ is without a doubt the Fantasy Football guru of Philadelphia.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:30 am

bobbytheo3 wrote:
Hawks Nest 12th Man wrote:
Did Kendall Hunter do something this season I am not aware of?

Everyone on this site loves the guy, and maybe he will end up being good, but hes very small and hasn't proven anything to deserve the hype.

Either way, I'd be highly skeptical of a scout who had him ranked over Ingram, Williams, and Murray.
You could add Leshoure to that list as well. I'm not familiar with any scouting reports that had him as the RB#1 in 2011. That would be very strange IMO. Unless the scout was Mama Hunter.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Quick update supporting my Doug Martin man love, and ranking of him as my #2 RB in this class:
Boise State RB Doug Martin measured 5-foot-9 and 219 pounds at Monday's Senior Bowl weigh-in.
He's 11 pounds heavier than his listed college weight, and Martin reportedly had the most impressive build of any Senior Bowl running back. There are increasing rumblings that Martin is commonly ranked as a top-three back on most NFL draft boards. He projects as no worse than a second-round pick.
Jan. 23 - 3:21 p.m. ET
Source: CBS Sports
In reference to the conversation up the page about scouting yourself vs. trusting certain draftniks...When I come to a conclusion on my own, trust my eyes, and then have it reaffirmed by professional scouts/etc., is when I create the strongest opinion on a player. If I had read all of this and THEN scouted Martin on my own, I'm not sure that I would trust it as much. I could be seeing what I want to see, what I've been told I should see. That's just how I do it, however.

We'll see where he's taken in the draft. That'll be the real test.

Camperhead
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Camperhead » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:05 pm

tstafford wrote:
I'm with RB. Stats and a heavy dose of Matt Waldman, Wes Bunting, and Scott Wright/Shane Hallam. A much lighter dose of Todd McShay.
What's the consensus on Mike Mayock around here?
10-Team Superflex League, 25 rosters spots
ROSTERS CUT TO 15 MID-AUGUST
ROOKIE/FREE AGENT DRAFT LATE AUGUST

Lineup requirements: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 Def, 1 Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
TD=6, TDP=4, 15 yds rush/rec=1, 35 yds pass=1, 2 rec=1

QB - Mahomes, Wilson, Bridgewater, Hurts, Heinicke, Eason
RB - Kamara, Chubb, LeVeon Bell, David Johnson, Dillon
WR/TE - Hopkins, Godwin, A.J. Brown, Sutton, Lamb, Harry, A.J. Green, B.Edwards, P.Williams, G.Davis
K* - Tucker, Prater
DT* - Ravens, Buccaneers
* two of each required per league rules

LEAGUE CHAMPS 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Camperhead wrote:
tstafford wrote:
What's the consensus on Mike Mayock around here?
Mayock is the man IMO.

bobbytheo3
Starter
Starter

Postby bobbytheo3 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:54 am

I agree. I like Mayock a lot.

I am much lower on Waldman than a lot of people here. I purchased his 2011 RSP and loved the work he put in, so I then purchased his back issues and realized his track record is very shaky. I think for the price its not bad because of the depth of research he provides, but his rankings are very odd sometimes.

He also just posted his updated total dynasty rankings and I wonder where he comes up with them. He has Michael Turner and Frank Gore ahead of Charles and McFadden at RB. Just makes it hard to trust his opinion about anything dynasty related when I see stuff like that..
___________________ is without a doubt the Fantasy Football guru of Philadelphia.