Trevor Lawrence is over hyped

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Trevor Lawrence is over hyped

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:07 am

He's inaccurate. He is a great college QB, but I question whether he has the accuracy to be a true difference maker at the NFL level. I don't see a generational talent, as some do. I could reference every other throw, from the National Championship game, but I would like to show a throw from this year, that is just plain and simply, bad. The outcome was as desired, due to the WR>however, a true "great" white the protection and coverage shown, would have delivered a much better ball than the one he threw. It's awful, and Higgins saved the day. I think Lawrence can be an above average QB in the NFL, but I do not predict elite, generational talent, as some threw on him after his freshman year.

https://youtu.be/lyhRon7IHH4?t=440

Perfect protection. No coverage to the inside. 1 on 1 on the outside with no safety help, and the ball is so thrown so poorly, it requires Higgins to make a play that only a top 50 pick in the NFL draft can save. The fact he has to come back to the DB's side is ridiculous. The entire field to the middle, all the way to the far sideline is open. In the NFL, chances are that throw is batted away. It's just atrocious, for a so called elite prospect to make throws like this with that protection and coverage. As I delve into this guy more, the less I am impressed with the status that has been heaped on him. If I were merely looking for an NFL caliber QB, I'd be impressed, but a generational talent? I have some serious doubts.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Trevor Lawrence is over hyped

Postby pierson242 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:55 pm

This is one play. All college QBs have moments where there throws are not 100 percent on the money. Lawrence has plenty of plays where he shows exceptional accuracy. He was only a sophmore as well, still has an entire season left to further improve.
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:07 pm

DLF_Pierson wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:55 pm This is one play. All college QBs have moments where there throws are not 100 percent on the money. Lawrence has plenty of plays where he shows exceptional accuracy. He was only a sophmore as well, still has an entire season left to further improve.
I mentioned about half the plays in one game I could reference. Lawrence is being overhyped as a generational talent. He's not, IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:34 pm

I don't see what is so wrong with that throw. He was looking the safety off in the middle until the last second and then had a defender right at his ankles as he released. Should it have been a scooch more inside and downfield? sure
As to your overall point, he's still a great prospect because he checks every box. Size, arm, athleticism, production, competition, experience, program. Go back through draft history and try to find guys that have all of these, there aren't many. I'm not saying he will be a HOF but I don't see how he isn't Wentz/Josh Allen level of fantasy impact floor with the upside to be QB2 before long.