Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

Postby Lumps » Wed May 29, 2019 7:00 pm

If you aren't already familiar with him, he is being projected as the next top 5 WR taken. The player comps have been ALL over the place: Julio (I guess just because they both played at Bama? Body types aren't remotely close), ODB (because of smoothness in routes), to various other studs.

Here is PFF giving him some love:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/d ... -nfl-draft
We’ll have a whole year to poke holes in Jeudy’s game, but I find it extremely difficult to envision a scenario where, without off-field concerns or injury, Jeudy isn’t a top-10 pick and the first receiver off the board when he declares for the draft. Saying 10 is even being conservative, as there aren’t five better players returning to college football next year. The biggest knock on Jeudy is that he doesn’t look like Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones. At 6-1, 192 pounds, he’s far from the prototype size, yet he’s firmly in the best receiver prospect since [insert favorite WR prospect] conversation.
Mel Kiper has him at #1 on his Big Board:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... nfl-draft/

And another one:
https://nflmocks.com/2019/05/27/2020-nf ... y-best-wr/
Jerry Jeudy will not only be the best wide receiver in the 2020 NFL Draft, but he is also the best prospect at the position in recent memory.
Here is PFF discussing 2020 prospects with Jeudy near the start of the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYSb55NnIB0&t=321s ***I give up on trying to make youtube videos work here, if someone wants to fix it go for it.

His start/stop ability seems to be off the charts. This is something I actually wanted to discuss as I am already at the point of looking past all the glowing reports and projections. When I watch him, I get this uncomfortable/confused feeling. There is something about the way he moves that makes me feel that way. I am not certain if it is ONLY his start/stopping or not, but perhaps it is the fact that most WRs after the catch don't stop like that? Most are just trying to get downfield in a hurry or just go down in situations that he keeps alive? It could also be he appears to be very high-waisted, so those stop movements are more... gangly? He also uses a false high step at times that causes some confusion as well. It could also be why DBs seem to have a LOT of trouble with him. I'm wondering if anyone else sees/feels the same thing.

*Was sad to see how this section of DLF has fallen off. So I'm going to post a few threads to see if we can get it rolling again.

petebusey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

Postby petebusey » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:01 am

Thanks for the topic Lumps.

My player comp for Jeudy is Wes Chandler.

I hear you on the appearing to be high-waisted and just looks "different" out there.

It will be interesting to see how the next college football season goes for many of these prospects and to see how everything shakes out at the combine and draft. This truly has the look of a really good class coming up and I won't be surprised if Jeudy is a top 10 NFL pick and top 3 dynasty pick.
I'm too ashamed of any of my teams to post.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:32 pm

he's interesting. the body is def a concern, his play reminds me of Calvin Ridley + Amari but he does more after the catch

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:33 am

why the body is a concern?
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:47 pm

listed 192lb. 200+ profiles much better

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed May 06, 2020 7:35 pm

Watching the all snaps of him against LSU and Auburn, he sure seems to line up in the slot a lot and even then gets motioned on the line a fair bit. He’s rarely lining up against the opposition’s top corner, so I feel like his route running gets amplified as he makes safeties, linebackers and nickel corners look silly.

On the plus side, he looks like a solid blocker and seems to really be a student of the game. He eats zone coverage all day. I also think his landing spot is near ideal with Shurmur’s love of the slot and Sutton & Hamler on the outside while Fant works with him underneath and Gordon provides a rushing threat. I’m just not getting this generational WR vibe from him at all.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:24 am

ericanadian wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:35 pm Watching the all snaps of him against LSU and Auburn, he sure seems to line up in the slot a lot and even then gets motioned on the line a fair bit. He’s rarely lining up against the opposition’s top corner, so I feel like his route running gets amplified as he makes safeties, linebackers and nickel corners look silly.

On the plus side, he looks like a solid blocker and seems to really be a student of the game. He eats zone coverage all day. I also think his landing spot is near ideal with Shurmur’s love of the slot and Sutton & Hamler on the outside while Fant works with him underneath and Gordon provides a rushing threat. I’m just not getting this generational WR vibe from him at all.
Didn't know anybody was. Heard MchSay say he was the best route runner he's scouted, but haven't heard anything about being a generational WR prospect.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:23 am

that's a pretty hyperbolic thing to say. I am souring on him more and more so can't wait to see him on an NFL field and update my priors

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:22 am

Dammit, these were the days.