Best Small School Prospects For 2019 Draft

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
themburns
Starter
Starter

Re: Best Small School Prospects For 2019 Draft

Postby themburns » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:46 pm

I'll be drafting Ashton Dulin everywhere I can.

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Re: Best Small School Prospects For 2019 Draft

Postby problemsolver » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:53 pm

Fezzik wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:45 am Is there any way to search for 5 star recruits out of high school that went to schools that aren't big college programs?

Thinking like Stefon Diggs.
https://247sports.com/Season/2015-Footb ... highschool

Its exceedingly rare for a 5 star guy to sign anywhere but with an SEC school or upper tier ACC, Big 12, Big 10, or Pac12 team. I looked at recruiting classes from 2013 until 2016 and found one example: DL Ed Oliver who was the 247sports #7 overall player when he signed with Houston.

Two things: There are not nearly as many 5 star guys as you probably think. 247Sports lists 32 every season.

And there is a certain amount of self fulfilling prophesy to the stars system. A borderline 4/5 star guy who signs with Alabama or Clemson will many times mysteriously become a solid 5 star guy.

Pretend edit: While I was typing this it occurred to me that maybe there are a handful of guys like Isaiah Crowell or Roger Lewis who were top recruits, signed with a big school, and for one reason or another left their original school and ended up at a small school.

That may warrant a second look at those lists.