Week 7 Observations

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Week 7 Observations

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:23 am

Big news of the week is DK's season-ending neck injury. Reports are that he'll be fine for 2020, but he was an early favorite to be a first round WR.

AJB continues to look great. Fromm looked lost.

Regrettably, I missed a lot of CFB this weekend. Anyone else have some insight?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 7 Observations

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:23 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:23 am Big news of the week is DK's season-ending neck injury. Reports are that he'll be fine for 2020, but he was an early favorite to be a first round WR.

AJB continues to look great. Fromm looked lost.

Regrettably, I missed a lot of CFB this weekend. Anyone else have some insight?
Reports I read was DK will be fine for next year. The question is now wether he declares or stays another year. TBH, I think it would have been best if he stayed regardless, he's still really raw, after redshirting, and he could benefit from a more featured role with AJ leaving this year. He'll still only be 22 in 2020.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:24 pm

Collin Johnson looks pretty fluid for a guy his size, and his numbers are impressive. He can lay out for that ball, too. Loving David Montgomery's effort vs number 6 West Virginia. He's compact, shifty and tough.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:39 am

I don't have time to watch any CFB. But love these write ups.

This time of year, I just try to get familiar with the names of prospects and watch a few highlight clips. Both Nkeal Harris and AJ Brown look pretty legit (as prospects). BleacherReport has a write up of this JJ Arcega-Whiteside dude, but when I watch his highlights, I came away unimpressed. Just doesn't have the "IT" factor, the energy/attitude/effort.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/280 ... m=referral

:thumbup:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:39 am I don't have time to watch any CFB. But love these write ups.

This time of year, I just try to get familiar with the names of prospects and watch a few highlight clips. Both Nkeal Harris and AJ Brown look pretty legit (as prospects). BleacherReport has a write up of this JJ Arcega-Whiteside dude, but when I watch his highlights, I came away unimpressed. Just doesn't have the "IT" factor, the energy/attitude/effort.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/280 ... m=referral

:thumbup:
He looks super slow, and I think it's just a case a bad competition. I watched a few minutes, a few weeks ago, and trying to picture this guy translating to the NFL, I wasn't buying it.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:18 pm

Preston Williams still smashing. Good to see KJ Hill with some production. When do we take Jalen Hurd seriously as a receiver? Anthony Johnson coming around. Miles Boykin showing some consistency.

I think I'm going to like the depth of this class ok but I'll be selling my 1sts that aren't really high

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:55 pm

All this time and just found this section. Love it.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland