Michael Thomas, WR, OSU

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
shootout101
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Michael Thomas, WR, OSU

Postby shootout101 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:38 am

Hey guys,

I am not a classic nfl fan (not a U.S resident), I have been watching it for about 3 years, but my favorite part is always the draft and the scouting.

I have gone through the top 10 WRs from the 2016 class and found Thomas. This is not a hype thread for him but I would raise my question about him and ask you guys that am I the only one who sees that on tape.

Right before his separation, it seems that he has a great dynamism but at the expense of controlling his body movement. By this, I mean he throws around his arms which is a sign when he is about to make a cut.

https://youtu.be/LXT2h6c2gFs (at 0:26 & 1:34)

I am sure that he is physical, great height and weight in a class where 6-1, 6-2 guys with under 200 lbs dominates, but this bothers me and this is something he has to work on.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Re: Michael Thomas, WR, OSU

Postby dawgs4life » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:35 pm

A lot of WRs do this at the college level. Thomas upside comes from a lot more than his route running. His routes are not bad, but need refining. An NFL coach will recognize this and change how he comes into and out of his fakes. Thomas (from an inside source) has the desire to be great, and will be very coach able at the next level. A good coach will take the flailing out of his fake and show him how to use less energy to set his defender up. He was terribably under used at "O". He knows it, scouts know it, and his coaches know it. The best is yet to come.
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:29 pm

I'm having a hard time finding weaknesses in his game. It's easy to see his skills translate to the next level. I see Brandon Marshall type upside. I'm buying if he's drafted in the 1st round of the nfl draft.
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:40 am

I'm pretty curious about him now. Came in here to see if there was much about him.

One of my favourite websites actually has him listed as the top WR in the class, with Treadwell as #2 - and they are usually pretty good with their rankings. So, it caught my attention.

Thomas is a guy I will be paying close attention to.

animalkev
Rookie
Rookie

Postby animalkev » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:32 am

which website?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:07 am

animalkev wrote:which website?
Walter football.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:38 am

One comp that I've seen for OSU Mike Thomas is Demaryius Thomas. It's not perfect but resonates with me.