2019 Draft Discussion Thread

Moderator: TrueDawg

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2019 Draft Discussion Thread

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Dre wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:23 pm 3.01 is available for a future 2nd
Too rich for me, considering my lack of future picks from previous trades.

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:10 am

3.14 available if anyone looking to add another pick.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:32 am

Interested in an OTC pick, have 3.09 and future 3rds

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:51 am

Took a flier on Dexter Williams... GB offense is obviously attractive, and he should have a decent shot to beat out Jamaal for backup duty. And Aaron Jones isn't the most durable guy.

gdude
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gdude » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:02 am

SuperHawks wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:21 am Edit - Just going to make the pick here.

Came out of this draft with:
N’Keal Harry
Parris Campbell
JJ Arcega-Whiteside
Justice Hill

Couldn’t be happier with how this draft ended up for me overall (Though I was sniped a couple different times!). Super excited to end up with the 3 WR’s I did. I’m hoping this is the 2019 version of the draft I had when I scored AJ Green, Julio Jones and Randall Cobb which was a cornerstone to the ring I got. Obviously that draft was probably a once in a lifetime haul but a guy can dream!

Justice Hill was more of a coin flip but I need RB’s and I’m more than happy to gamble on a guy with his natural talent in a situation like his.

Overall this draft was for 2020 and beyond so any useable production I can get this year will be icing on the cake.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else’s breakdown of their draft once they wrap up for this year.
I remember that draft well. Being in the same division, I got my bleep kicked by you repeatedly and I was not gonna let you use the same blue print (plus I love DK Metcalf)... I really wanted Harry but the more I look at it Metcalf is in a better fantasy position right away. So I am glad the way it worked out for me.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:10 pm

This is why I love fantasy football. I don't like Metcalf AT ALL... and I mean as a prospect. It has nothing to do with him landing in Seattle. I felt the same way about Guice coming out.

I only started with a 3rd after some trades I made previously... but I picked up 2 more and came away with what I think are some good RB prospects, which I desperately need. Anderson is incredibly talented... he might have been the second best RB in this class if he hadn't torn his ACL. I dont love his situation in Cincinnati but I took a shot on talent. Bryce Love is in a similar situation coming off a torn ACL, but supremely talented. I took a shot on Dexter Williams cuz he's in GB. Jamaal Williams isn't terribly exciting and Aaron Jones seems to get dinged regularly. They may all amount to nothing but... we shall see.

SuperHawks
Starter
Starter

Postby SuperHawks » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:44 pm

gdude wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:02 am
SuperHawks wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:21 am Edit - Just going to make the pick here.

Came out of this draft with:
N’Keal Harry
Parris Campbell
JJ Arcega-Whiteside
Justice Hill

Couldn’t be happier with how this draft ended up for me overall (Though I was sniped a couple different times!). Super excited to end up with the 3 WR’s I did. I’m hoping this is the 2019 version of the draft I had when I scored AJ Green, Julio Jones and Randall Cobb which was a cornerstone to the ring I got. Obviously that draft was probably a once in a lifetime haul but a guy can dream!

Justice Hill was more of a coin flip but I need RB’s and I’m more than happy to gamble on a guy with his natural talent in a situation like his.

Overall this draft was for 2020 and beyond so any useable production I can get this year will be icing on the cake.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else’s breakdown of their draft once they wrap up for this year.
I remember that draft well. Being in the same division, I got my bleep kicked by you repeatedly and I was not gonna let you use the same blue print (plus I love DK Metcalf)... I really wanted Harry but the more I look at it Metcalf is in a better fantasy position right away. So I am glad the way it worked out for me.
Haha, glad we can share in the good memories :lol:

I wanted Metcalf in a bad way! He’s gonna be a rollercoaster from week to week but his good games will be ridiculous. Lucky for you here (and me IRL) he’s got one of the best deep passers in the league in Russ. Fantasy aside, he’s going to open the Hawks offense up in ways we haven’t seen before. Whether or not that shows up in the box score is anyone’s guess though.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:26 pm

Contract info for 1st rounders has been updated... I'll get to the rest here shortly.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:57 am

Contract info for 2nd and 3rd round picks are udated.

Please check and make sure it's all correct.