Re: 2015 Season Discussion

Postby Dre » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:43 am

Be afraid :P

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:47 am

TrueDawg wrote:You cut him when people have very little cap space and there's a lull in activity before the start of the season, but blame us for "letting" someone have him for $2500? Ok.
A few of us are up against the cap, but most of the league has a good chuck of cap room, and six (five, not counting Monkey) have 10K+ and between one and ten roster spaces. There is at least one team that can't even field a legal roster week one. With the ability to give "no bonus" contracts it just doesn't make sense to let people have guys like Decker that cheap, with no risk.

I didn't want to cut him, but I've been pretty transparent about needing to clear him off my books for next year for quite a while.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:40 pm

I'm used to Rjo just whiteknight defending everything for the sake of a league :biggrin: but Xulu, how do you figure it makes sense to give commentary on strategic errors when you pretty much criticized me for doing the exact same thing in Tecmo?

I completely agree with you here BTW. Like I'm sure you do with me about Rivers, yet you found a way to play devil'sA as always.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:46 am

I have updated the contract years of all drafted rookies who were placed on PS...they are all now 1 year.

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:51 am

citsalp1 wrote:
Xulu Bak wrote:I know the Jets' QB situation is a disaster, but letting someone have E. Decker for 2500 is a pretty big fail. That's not the only one either. Not even sure why about 1/3 of this league even bothers being in a dynasty league, frankly.
I looked at him...but all I have are #2 or#3 Wrs. It could have helped some teams out though...not going to really matter with the team that picked him up..great deal on a #2 or #3 Wr...but is it gonna really help with that roster?
WTF man? Are you saying my team can't win this league? Just wait. Your time is coming!!!!!

Seriously though, adding Decker gives me an NFL quality WR for a cheap price for 5 years. The team I took over was awful but hopefully adding a few guys like Decker can bring me back to mediocrity.

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:11 am

monkeybones wrote:
citsalp1 wrote:
Xulu Bak wrote:I know the Jets' QB situation is a disaster, but letting someone have E. Decker for 2500 is a pretty big fail. That's not the only one either. Not even sure why about 1/3 of this league even bothers being in a dynasty league, frankly.
I looked at him...but all I have are #2 or#3 Wrs. It could have helped some teams out though...not going to really matter with the team that picked him up..great deal on a #2 or #3 Wr...but is it gonna really help with that roster?
WTF man? Are you saying my team can't win this league? Just wait. Your time is coming!!!!!

Seriously though, adding Decker gives me an NFL quality WR for a cheap price for 5 years. The team I took over was awful but hopefully adding a few guys like Decker can bring me back to mediocrity.

Lol...I'm just stirring the pot...A few here will always throw out some zingers...it's all in jest.

I seen some strange stuff happen in this league, as far as what team comes out of nowhere to do well or visa-versa.

Tony Tigers was last years...How in the hell did that happen?

Welcome to the league. and it was a good signing

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:46 am

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:I'm used to Rjo just whiteknight defending everything for the sake of a league :biggrin: but Xulu, how do you figure it makes sense to give commentary on strategic errors when you pretty much criticized me for doing the exact same thing in Tecmo?

I completely agree with you here BTW. Like I'm sure you do with me about Rivers, yet you found a way to play devil'sA as always.
Except the two situations are basically opposites...

I didn't want to cut Decker, but needed to clear his salary next year before this season started. I'm up against the cap and roster cap, so I couldn't bid him back up to a reasonable $, because I couldn't risk winning him.

It's a mystery why you cut Rivers in Tecmo. You didn't need cap room or roster space; all cutting him did was ensure you got nothing for him. Unlike in KFFL, I have room to maneuver in Tecmo, so I bid him up to ensure what happened with Decker didn't happen with Rivers.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:55 am

monkeybones wrote:WTF man? Are you saying my team can't win this league? Just wait. Your time is coming!!!!!
He may not be saying it...but I am. 8-) :lol:

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:25 pm

TrueDawg wrote:
monkeybones wrote:WTF man? Are you saying my team can't win this league? Just wait. Your time is coming!!!!!
He may not be saying it...but I am. 8-) :lol:
Let the games begin :lol:

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:28 pm

Xulu Bak wrote:
Multiple Scorgasms wrote:I'm used to Rjo just whiteknight defending everything for the sake of a league :biggrin: but Xulu, how do you figure it makes sense to give commentary on strategic errors when you pretty much criticized me for doing the exact same thing in Tecmo?

Except the two situations are basically opposites...

I didn't want to cut Decker, but needed to clear his salary next year before this season started. I'm up against the cap and roster cap, so I couldn't bid him back up to a reasonable $, because I couldn't risk winning him.

It's a mystery why you cut Rivers in Tecmo. You didn't need cap room or roster space; all cutting him did was ensure you got nothing for him. Unlike in KFFL, I have room to maneuver in Tecmo, so I bid him up to ensure what happened with Decker didn't happen with Rivers.
I never bid up a player I'm not interested in...bush league to me...I only worry about my team,not anybody else's.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:45 pm

citsalp1 wrote:I never bid up a player I'm not interested in...bush league to me...I only worry about my team,not anybody else's.
Eh...I think to some degree, its everyone's responsibility to ensure people pay fair market value for players. But it's not like getting Eric Decker for $2500 is upsetting the balance of the league in the slightest. He's a mediocre WR on a crappy team with an awful QB situation. With my cap sitaution, I certainly wasn't going to run the risk of winning him...he'd probably be like my 6th or 7th best WR anyway.

I think the bigger issue is league activity...there are some teams that DID have the cap space and open roster spots that could have benefited from adding him. The same goes for Jordy Nelson.

But this lull in activity right before the start of the season is also fairly normal.

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:23 pm

TrueDawg wrote:
citsalp1 wrote:I never bid up a player I'm not interested in...bush league to me...I only worry about my team,not anybody else's.
Eh...I think to some degree, its everyone's responsibility to ensure people pay fair market value for players. But it's not like getting Eric Decker for $2500 is upsetting the balance of the league in the slightest. He's a mediocre WR on a crappy team with an awful QB situation. With my cap sitaution, I certainly wasn't going to run the risk of winning him...he'd probably be like my 6th or 7th best WR anyway.

I think the bigger issue is league activity...there are some teams that DID have the cap space and open roster spots that could have benefited from adding him. The same goes for Jordy Nelson.

But this lull in activity right before the start of the season is also fairly normal.
Once again, I don't care what a player's perceived value is by other owners, i ONLY CARE ABOUT my team.

You are correct about league activity.

Regarding Jordy Nelson...could be a great move or maybe not?

I reference A.Foster, not as an example regarding J.Nelson.. but be ready to watch the injury report every Sunday...Ohh and he's in the central time zone...so you won't know if he's really playing until it's to late.

One man's trash is another man's treasure...or visa versa.

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:07 pm

I think the Decker signing was nice value but come on, it's not like he's getting a player with huge upside, it's a nice value WR3 pick up

I do agree though that the lack of activity at times is frustrating, particularly when trying to make a trade, sometimes you have to take less value as you only really have 3-4 owners to negotiate with

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:11 pm

Xulu Bak wrote: Except the two situations are basically opposites...
Yeah, you criticized league activity and I criticized league activity. Real polars.
Xulu Bak wrote: It's a mystery why you cut Rivers in Tecmo.
Oh yeah, right up there with how many galaxies there are and how it all began. Like I'd cut him if at least half of the league wasn't asleep at the wheel as usual.

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Dre wrote:I think the Decker signing was nice value but come on, it's not like he's getting a player with huge upside, it's a nice value WR3 pick up

I do agree though that the lack of activity at times is frustrating, particularly when trying to make a trade, sometimes you have to take less value as you only really have 3-4 owners to negotiate with
There is a difference in negotiating...and just making bad trade offers....I think some teams are hesitant to trade due to the sometimes ONE sided trades that only benefits one team...buyers remorse if you will...and no TDU I wasn't specifying you, nor anyone else. TDU is a good guy to trade with if you have the time...LOL :lol: So is Scoregasms...if you have a ton of time. :lol: :lol:

Now that I think about it I think I have traded with everyone.... :doh: