Roster Moves of Doom

The league forum for the Tecmo Bowl Fantasy League

Moderators: monkeybones, Dionosys

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Roster Moves of Doom

Postby Xulu Bak » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:24 am

Cut Kizer and Miller. $120 cap hit.

User avatar
monkeybones
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2033
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Roster Moves of Doom

Postby monkeybones » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:37 pm

Xulu Bak wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:24 am
Cut Kizer and Miller. $120 cap hit.
Updated on MFL

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Re: Roster Moves of Doom

Postby Xulu Bak » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:26 pm

Cut Martin and McKinnon. Are they subject to catch and release?

User avatar
monkeybones
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2033
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Roster Moves of Doom

Postby monkeybones » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:21 pm

Xulu Bak wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:26 pm
Cut Martin and McKinnon. Are they subject to catch and release?
Yep. Since they were signed and cut in the same offseason they are each charged a 40% cap penalty.

Doug Martin $300 x 40% x 1 year = $120
Jerrick McKinnon $5,000 x 40% x 1 year = $2,000

Updated on MFL

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Re: Roster Moves of Doom

Postby Xulu Bak » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:39 am

monkeybones wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:21 pm
Xulu Bak wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:26 pm
Cut Martin and McKinnon. Are they subject to catch and release?
Yep. Since they were signed and cut in the same offseason they are each charged a 40% cap penalty.

Doug Martin $300 x 40% x 1 year = $120
Jerrick McKinnon $5,000 x 40% x 1 year = $2,000

Updated on MFL
Then either that or the way IR works should be changed. It doesn't make sense to penalize an owner for a player getting hurt during the offseason they were signed. McKinnon got reinjured within the 48 hours between my bid being placed and becoming final. Obviously, it's not a huge deal because the $ was relatively small, but something like that could just as easily happen with a bigger $ player, and that doesn't seem in line with the original intent of catch & release. Not sure it's really necessary anymore anyways, with years being assigned at the time of bid completion.

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Re: Roster Moves of Doom

Postby Xulu Bak » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:36 pm

Add Edwards & Humphries.

User avatar
monkeybones
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2033
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Roster Moves of Doom

Postby monkeybones » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:41 am

Xulu Bak wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:36 pm
Add Edwards & Humphries.
Updated on MFL

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Re: Roster Moves of Doom

Postby Xulu Bak » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:59 pm

Cut Humphries. $60 cap hit. $15/$45.

User avatar
monkeybones
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2033
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Roster Moves of Doom

Postby monkeybones » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:35 am

Xulu Bak wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:59 pm
Cut Humphries. $60 cap hit. $15/$45.
Updated on MFL

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Re: Roster Moves of Doom

Postby Xulu Bak » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:03 am

Cut Doyle, Richard, and Doctson. 400 + 200 + 60 = 660 cap hit. 495/165.

User avatar
monkeybones
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2033
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Roster Moves of Doom

Postby monkeybones » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:12 pm

Xulu Bak wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:03 am
Cut Doyle, Richard, and Doctson. 400 + 200 + 60 = 660 cap hit. 495/165.
Doyle - (100/300)
Richard - (50/150)
Doctson - (15/45)

Updated on MFL


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest