The league forum for the Tecmo Bowl Fantasy League

Moderators: TrueDawg, monkeybones, Dionosys

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2015 season discussion

Postby Dre » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:51 pm

monkeybones wrote:
Dre wrote:Bloody hell, Cam Newton is single handedly keeping Menace in this.

Gonna need around 30 points from Hilton and Reed

With Xulu losing though am I in anyway?
I'm pretty sure you're in since it looks like Xulu lost.
Thank god because Hilton doing zippity do da at the moment

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:27 pm

Dre wrote:So far so good, still plenty of time to go however

Looks like the Commish will take one bye and Inferno the other
Or not. Pittsburgh's offense is killer especially against the Colts.

OnABloodbuzz
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby OnABloodbuzz » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:52 pm

I saw the score at 21-10 and figured Ben had 2 more in him with a good chance they go to Brown or Bryant but that was just showing off.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:01 pm

I hadn't thought about this before but the top 4 picks bracket is pretty unfair. I'm certainly for our method to prevent tanking, but the worst team should not have to play the 4th worst while the 2nd worst gets the fortune of playing the 3rd worst.

For reference, I'm gonna be either 2nd or 3rd so I'm not thinking about myself. No Quarter who will finish last has to face an opponent who (currently) has over 100 points more than the guy below him, which is who I'll face.

So I guess I should've put this in the rules suggestion, but I'd say it should be 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4. And if you wanted to make it interesting (IMO realistic), the loser of 1 vs 2 should be given the 3rd pick, and the loser of 3 vs 4 should be given the 4th pick. The NHL has that kind of protection against teams falling down too far. It's really unfair to expect the worst team to win TWO games IMO and fall as low as 4th pick.

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:47 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:I hadn't thought about this before but the top 4 picks bracket is pretty unfair. I'm certainly for our method to prevent tanking, but the worst team should not have to play the 4th worst while the 2nd worst gets the fortune of playing the 3rd worst.

For reference, I'm gonna be either 2nd or 3rd so I'm not thinking about myself. No Quarter who will finish last has to face an opponent who (currently) has over 100 points more than the guy below him, which is who I'll face.

So I guess I should've put this in the rules suggestion, but I'd say it should be 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4. And if you wanted to make it interesting (IMO realistic), the loser of 1 vs 2 should be given the 3rd pick, and the loser of 3 vs 4 should be given the 4th pick. The NHL has that kind of protection against teams falling down too far. It's really unfair to expect the worst team to win TWO games IMO and fall as low as 4th pick.
I completely agree with this

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:06 pm

Well I've gone from the top seed to the 6th seed on the back of a 3 game losing streak, despite the fact that I will finish as the top scoring team!

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:I hadn't thought about this before but the top 4 picks bracket is pretty unfair. I'm certainly for our method to prevent tanking, but the worst team should not have to play the 4th worst while the 2nd worst gets the fortune of playing the 3rd worst.

I think that makes some sense...and you can say I'm biased but any rule change wouldn't happen until next year so it's not going to help me get the #1 pick this year.