IDP novice with unusual scoring system

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
msp
Rookie
Rookie

IDP novice with unusual scoring system

Postby msp » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:15 pm

I'm new to IDP and I'm having trouble interpreting my league's scoring system and figuring out how it changes player values. Would this be considered a big play league? Who would be the most valuable rookies in this kind of format?

Starting requirements: 1 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 DT/LB Flex

Scoring common to all positions:
Forced fumbles - 3
Fumble recoveries - 2.5
Passes defended - 2.5
Interceptions - 5
Sacks - 5
Sack yardage - 1 for every 10
Tackles for Loss - 1
Punt return yardage - 1 for every 15
Kickoff return yardage - 1 for every 25
Return TD - 6

Scoring for DT/DE:
Tackle - 2.5
Tackle Assist - 1.25

Scoring for LB/CB/S:
Tackle - 1.5
Tackle Assist - 0.75

sportstalkryan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: IDP novice with unusual scoring system

Postby sportstalkryan » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:03 pm

That is most definitely a Big Play scoring system. You want to target the pass rushers like Clowney and Mack.

It's amazing how these scoring systems match up well with how NFL GMs evaluate talent, huh?
Commish of 4 leagues. Prefer full roster, IDP, salary cap, contract leagues designed to replicate the NFL GM experience as much as possible. Because THAT'S the fantasy.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: IDP novice with unusual scoring system

Postby MR ROURKE » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:19 am

Is the sack yardage decimal scoring or just 1 per 10 yards? I think that will make a pretty big difference in the amount scored over the season.
The DL you pretty much want the guy who gets sacks and tackles, which are the elite one's.
I'm actually going to favor tackle heavy scoring here for the LB. The sack yardage is a minor bump, but I'd still rather have the guys who rack up all the tackles every week. The elite pass rushing LB's get a boost because their big games are going to be a little bigger, but the consistency of their scoring isn't helped. So, I'd maybe have 1 elite pass rushing LB in my starting lineup at the most. The non-elite tier pass rushers aren't going to score enough or be consistent enough for me to not want to favor tackle heavy scoring at the LB spot. For the most part, I think the LB's are close to a wash as far as tacklers and sackers, so I'll favor the consistant scorers. Big play Lb's might win you a game or two, but they are likely to lose you a game or two in this.