Which rookie will finish highest at their position?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Which rookie will finish highest at their position?

Postby failblazer » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:55 am

Simple question, of all the IDP rookies, which one will have the highest finish in ranking terms for their position?
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Re: Which rookie will finish highest at their position?

Postby rangerdave » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:30 pm

It will probably be a DB, but which one is too early to tell.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

Barian Fostate
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Barian Fostate » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:20 pm

DE: Datone Jones, Packers - He has a very, very similar skillset to J.J. Watt while also going to a favorable scheme.

DT: Kawann Short, Panthers - Easily the best hands of any defensive tackle in this class and should do wonders as the 3-tech on that beastly line. I expect big things from him.

ILB: Arthur Brown, Ravens - He was a high first round talent that slipped to the second for some random reason. I expect him to be a lynch pin of that unit.

CB: Johnathan Bank, Buccs - With Revis on the other side, they have to throw somewhere. He will get more tackle opportunities.

S: Johnathan Cyprien, Jaguars - A seriously impressive strong safety who can make plays both in the box and in coverage. He should put up gigantic tackle numbers with maybe a few picks, sacks, and fumbles to go along with it.

bjorklunde
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bjorklunde » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:06 pm

DE- Ziggy Ansah- With the other playmakers on the Lions' D-line (Suh, Fairley, Jones) I think Ansah gets a ton of opportunities this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a JPP-type of rookie year.

DT- Sharrif Floyd- I predict another mediocre year for Guion and Ballard, leaving the door wide open for Floyd to take the majority of the work next to Williams. I could see 40-45 tackles & 6-8 sacks. The man is supremely talented.

LB- Manti Teo- The kid has something to prove and landed in the perfect spot to do so. With the injury to Ingram, Phillips leaving in FA, and Donald Butler's mediocrity to this point, I can see Teo getting a ton of opportunities to make plays. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 100+ tackles.

CB- Xavier Rhodes- Going with another Vikings 1st round selection. With the Vikes playing the pass-heavy Packers, Bears, and Lions I see a ton of opportunities for Rhodes to make plays. I think he ends up being the best corner out of this year's draft.

S- Jonathan Cyprien- Will get a ton of opportunites in the Jacksonville backfield.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:43 am

DE- Dion Jordan- Serious talent & will not see double teams due to Cam Wake playing on the other side.

DT- Star Lotuleilei- I think this guy is the total package. We will be talking about just how good he is for the next 10 years.

LB- Arthur Brown- The opportunity meshes perfectly with the talent. He will lead all rookies in tackles.

CB- Darius Slay- He is going to see a lot of balls thrown his way as the Lions continue to play in shootout style games.

S- Jonathan Cyprien- Should see a ton of opportunities with Jacksonville's leaky front 7.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:09 pm

DE - Ziggy Ansah - I think the athletic ability plus the DTs beside him should allow him to excel. I prefer him to Jordan.

DT - Sheldon Richardson - the guy has a great motor, outstanding agility for his size, can pass rush, and whether it be Ryan or the next coach (moving to a 4-3) I think he will excel.

LB - Arthur Brown - I think he is the obvious choice. Sideline to sideline player who can play in coverage, play all 3 downs, and has an opening to step in immediately in the middle.

DB - Jonathan Cyprien - will excel on the Jags D, bringing solid tackles and the ability to make plays on the ball. I expect a solid contribution in a range of categories.