PPLS top sleepers & under the radar studs?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

PPLS top sleepers & under the radar studs?

Postby Ski mask ready » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:40 pm

Interested in what ppl thing about I Simmons long term as a legit fantasy asset? Last time cards went with a multi-talented lb they totally blew it with him.

Really like Barnes - GP LB

Neal in DAL is supper intriguing. He was good enough to play S, now has the opportunity to pick up more tackles, pass rush and be all over the field.

I did love Holcomb in WAS but I think they're going to replace him.

Thoughts and questions?
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

TheBelgian
Role Player
Role Player

Re: PPLS top sleepers & under the radar studs?

Postby TheBelgian » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:59 am

Ski mask ready wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:40 pm Interested in what ppl thing about I Simmons long term as a legit fantasy asset? Last time cards went with a multi-talented lb they totally blew it with him.

Really like Barnes - GP LB

Neal in DAL is supper intriguing. He was good enough to play S, now has the opportunity to pick up more tackles, pass rush and be all over the field.

I did love Holcomb in WAS but I think they're going to replace him.

Thoughts and questions?
First off, I'm far from an IDP expert, but I like to get some IDP talk going around here, so I'll do my best to contribute.
I like Simmons quite a bit myself. I can't imagine his price is cheap though.

Barnes is in line for a solid year. I would bet that most of his owners are believers though.

For Neal, how sure are we that he will get a bunch of snaps? He is a dual position player in my league and if IDP experts around here like, then I'll go get him.

Holcomb comes up a lot in the preseason and he usually surpasses the expectations I have for him. I imagine that Jamin Davis eats a lot of his tackles, but then again, Holcomb will probably surpass my expectations again.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:29 pm

I am optimistic on Simmons. He's such a unique player and should provide his share of splash plays. His speed and coverage ability all but guarantee he is a 3 down player. It is scary that they drafted Collins in the 1st round too, and he is also a very well rounded player, both pass rush and coverage, so it will be interesting to see how things shake out. Given the skillsets and draft pedigree, I have to assume they are both on the field every down...otherwise they are a bust. Simmons in year 2 is one of the guys i'm intrigued to see most on the defensive side of the ball.

Barnes was a top sleeper target in drafts for me. I didn't want to reach, but that team doesn't have a lot of good options and the new coaching staff wanted him, which should buy him a little time to get his place established. LB3 would be nice and anything higher is gravy for me. <I was thinking of Barnes in Detroit...not Krys Barnes in GB. Krys Barnes I sold this offseason out of concern he's not a 3 down guy now that Campbell signed. It was a hedge. UDFA guys always leave me hesitant, so getting a 3rd was a decent cash out for me. He could be a LB2, but wasn't sure long-term.>

Neal...scares the crap out of me. I don't know how things shake out in Dallas and he's on a 1 year contract, so no idea of the future either. If he has S eligibility in your league, i'd snag him just to see how things play out early on. A S who plays LB is an advantage...so long as he gets the playing time needed. If he doesn't, then cut him again.

Holcomb is one of my top sleepers/undervalued targets. I just don't see how he loses out to Bostic. Jamin will obviously be expected to be a tackle monster, but Holcomb can get his too as a top 2 LB on the team. He's super cheap and worth the investment for me.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:52 pm

If you have a deep taxi squad, then I like stashing Shaq Quarterman in Jax, if Damien Wilson doesn't pan out. I liked him quite a bit at Miami.

Big play leagues, go get Tyus Bowser for basically free.

I like Uchenna Nwosu as a replacement for Ingram, altho unfortunately he's a LB not a DE on MFL :/

Not a traditional sleeper, but go grab Von Miller! He's the IDP version of Julio, it would seem (positional scarcity for LBs is of course nothing like offensive skill players, so I'm not saying they should carry equal values) - I grabbed him in a startup when people were taking their 2nd and 3rd DBs...
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)