2021 rankings

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

2021 rankings

Postby IR1 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:38 pm

Looking for 2021 idp rankings, draft is later this week, Lucky usually was rankings out by now. Need some help! :D
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2021 rankings

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:17 am

pff has top 300 IDPs and top 50 IDP rookies rankings.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:18 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:17 am pff has top 300 IDPs and top 50 IDP rookies rankings.
Thanks, this is very helpful! Been way to busy this summer and this draft snuck up on me
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:46 pm

wow. pff’s top 300 is seriously awful, almost to the point of laughable. The top guys are easy as always, but when you start to get into the weeds some I can honestly say I have no idea what they were thinking.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:42 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:46 pm wow. pff’s top 300 is seriously awful, almost to the point of laughable.
quite a few headscratchers, for sure! but that seems to be true for most IDP rankings (and offensive rankings too, although those are more "normalised"). i had a look at fantasypros a few weeks ago and looked even worse than pff's, and a couple of years ago fantasysharks had kenny young projected as the top linebacker!
pff at least has some commentary and gives a baseline score system.

i've seen people mention the idp guru a lot, his articles are interesting, but i haven't found any rankings (rookie or vets), is that paid content?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:07 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:42 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:46 pm wow. pff’s top 300 is seriously awful, almost to the point of laughable.
quite a few headscratchers, for sure! but that seems to be true for most IDP rankings (and offensive rankings too, although those are more "normalised"). i had a look at fantasypros a few weeks ago and looked even worse than pff's, and a couple of years ago fantasysharks had kenny young projected as the top linebacker!

i've seen people mention the idp guru a lot, his articles are interesting, but i haven't found any rankings (rookie or vets), is that paid content?
I believe IDPGuru does not have his rankings up yet, and I’m guessing they’ll be behind a premium pay wall - but then the cost is minimal so even someone as notoriously cheap as me may spring the half a sawbuck that it costs.

I don’t even look at Fantasy Sharks anymore. Their IDP stuff has jumped themselves.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:13 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:46 pm wow. pff’s top 300 is seriously awful, almost to the point of laughable. The top guys are easy as always, but when you start to get into the weeds some I can honestly say I have no idea what they were thinking.
I was just thinking the same thing as i read it lol.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:15 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:07 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:42 am

I believe IDPGuru does not have his rankings up yet, and I’m guessing they’ll be behind a premium pay wall - but then the cost is minimal so even someone as notoriously cheap as me may spring the half a sawbuck that it costs.

I don’t even look at Fantasy Sharks anymore. Their IDP stuff has jumped themselves.

IDP Guru has his rankings up and they are behind a very small paywall for the info you get from the sight for the year. Just keep in mind they are not dynasty focused. I reached out to him to ask if he might produce some dynasty material and he said he utilizes his rankings for both formats, which is certainly a viable strategy.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:21 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:15 am IDP Guru has his rankings up and they are behind a very small paywall for the info you get from the sight for the year. Just keep in mind they are not dynasty focused. I reached out to him to ask if he might produce some dynasty material and he said he utilizes his rankings for both formats, which is certainly a viable strategy.
IDPs have more variability year to year and there are so many that it's easier to replace production, so i'm not too fussed by rankings being on the shorter term. but i've done most of my IDP stuff already for this year and tend to do most of my "work" from january to may, so i might give it a go next year.