New Dynasty IDP league 3RR draft - which spot do you want?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
lukkyseven
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

New Dynasty IDP league 3RR draft - which spot do you want?

Postby lukkyseven » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:40 am

I'm about to embark upon a league where we get to sort of pick our draft spot. You have to bid for it, but without going into specifics as that's not what I care to figure out right now... What would your top 5 spots be?

League:
16 team, Full IDP, 20 starters, single QB
3RR and 2021 rookie picks are included in the inaugural draft

My top 5 thoughts:

Pick 4 - get whatever top RB drops (you pick your order) *This is the agreed upon studs. Con is it nets you much later picks in the 3RR

Pick 5 - essentially gets you the top WR on your board and if not, then a top 4 RB with better picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Personally after the top 6 I can see things getting crazy because of different peoples evaluation of talent so I'll do my best to explain my thought here

Pick 8 - Puts you in the middle and at a consistent draft spot each round.

Pick 1 - Typically speaking experts say 1st through 3rd are the best spots to pick

Pick 2 - 2nd only to pick 1

I'm not always comfortable picking at 1, 2, or 3 because one bad pick in dynasty can really set you back. Maybe I should focus on top 4, but would love to hear your guys thoughts.

Tombstone
Rookie
Rookie

Re: New Dynasty IDP league 3RR draft - which spot do you want?

Postby Tombstone » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:01 pm

Mi would like a mid pick and stay young. RBs will go fast so I would focus on getting one of the young RBs.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:57 pm

Honestly it depends on your idp scoring, if it's big play/or heavy idp scoring I'm much more comfortable being last 1st round, and snagging pick 33.

Typically I look at my 1st 3-5 rounds and see what types of tiers are left in those first 5 picks. As i stated above big play/heavy idp scoring really levels out idp and offensive positions, and expands the tiers.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:27 am

3RR in a 16 teams league is ridiculous, imo.
i'd be happy with a bottom spot, say 10-14. that should give you a nice RB/WR combo (or two great WRs) and then you pick early in the 3rd. of course, it depends on your own tier evaluation: if you have a big drop after pick 32, then picking early in the third round isn't worth much to you, but in a league that big i'd really want 2 top 20 players.

that said, if you think you can trade back from an early 1st and get extra 2nd and 3rd, i'd do that, but it's tricky and you may not pull it off.

lukkyseven
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lukkyseven » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:25 am

Good insight guys. I appreciate the responses

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:59 am

3rr really balances out the Nirmal high pick advantage and the deeper the league the more that is true. That said, tiers break hardest and sharpest in the first round. I would be somewhat torn between 1.04 for the 4th RB, around 1.09 or 1.10 hoping to stay in that top wr tier,, or 1.16 for the best depth
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan