2021 Defensive Stashes

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

2021 Defensive Stashes

Postby failblazer » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:42 am

It's never too soon to look to 2021 and while there are some very interesting looking incoming rookies, I think this year has proven that you shouldn't always be relying on them for immediate production. With that in mind, who are you guys sneaking onto the ends of benches on deeper leagues or dropping uninspiring veterans for in rebuilds? Who are the guys who will be going into their second or third years (or beyond) that you think can succeed in 2021?

A couple of guys I will be looking at:
DE - Y. Gross-Matos (CAR) - Seems to be coming along as the season is progressing, actually played 61% of snaps this past week and has 2nd round draft capitol. Obviously going to play second fiddle to Burns but a solid option in deeper leagues. If he was cut in your league he may be worth a scoop.

DB - K. Dugger (NE) - Another guy with 2nd round pedigree but one that was always likely to struggle for year one snaps coming from a small school and going into a complex defence that has a ton or veterans. Got his first start versus the Ravens and logged 85% of the snaps and racking up 7 solos and 5 assists. If he is on your wire, go and get him.

DB - T. Burgess (LAR) - A guy the Rams took in the 3rd round, I can only think to replace John Johnson. The Rams don't seem to like paying defensive backs outside of Jalen Ramsey and seem to very much plug the next guy in on defence. We've seen it with Kiser and before that Littleton himself. They seem to just move onto the next player and with the cap potentially going down, I think they opt to let Johnson walk and slot in Burgess. If he's 90% of Johnson's production he's a steal.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2021 Defensive Stashes

Postby TB3falcons » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:47 pm

failblazer wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:42 am DB - T. Burgess (LAR) - A guy the Rams took in the 3rd round, I can only think to replace John Johnson. The Rams don't seem to like paying defensive backs outside of Jalen Ramsey and seem to very much plug the next guy in on defence. We've seen it with Kiser and before that Littleton himself. They seem to just move onto the next player and with the cap potentially going down, I think they opt to let Johnson walk and slot in Burgess. If he's 90% of Johnson's production he's a steal.
I always thought it was going to be Rapp's job when JJ3 leaves, with Fuller operating more as the Free Safety and Burgess taking over Rapp's 3rd safety roll.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:36 pm

TB3falcons wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:47 pm
failblazer wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:42 am DB - T. Burgess (LAR) - A guy the Rams took in the 3rd round, I can only think to replace John Johnson. The Rams don't seem to like paying defensive backs outside of Jalen Ramsey and seem to very much plug the next guy in on defence. We've seen it with Kiser and before that Littleton himself. They seem to just move onto the next player and with the cap potentially going down, I think they opt to let Johnson walk and slot in Burgess. If he's 90% of Johnson's production he's a steal.
I always thought it was going to be Rapp's job when JJ3 leaves, with Fuller operating more as the Free Safety and Burgess taking over Rapp's 3rd safety roll.
^This is my assumption as well
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:35 pm

I would third that that is/was my Rams DB expectation. On that note, I’d have Rapp on the list as a result. Less than optimal season and now injured.

Logan Wilson seems rather obvious, but given how the playing time has been to date, less aware owners may feel different (or perhaps just have a different potentially correct feeling, who knows).

If you have strong feelings about the GB LB situation, I believe Kirksey is on a one year deal, so you could get your guy cheaper for 2021 now that Kirksey is back.

Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Postby Ski mask ready » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Depending on your scoring, deep stashes that might turn into something.

Hamilton, Davon JAC DT

Barnes, Krys GBP LB
Holcomb, Cole WAS LB

Reed, D.J. SEA S
Dean, Jamel TBB CB
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"