DB Waiver Add

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

DB Waiver Add

Postby dvpkwys » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:31 am

Jenkins
Phillips
Gardner-Johnson
Jones (MIA)

Who you like?
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: DB Waiver Add

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:38 am

Wow. Phillips by a bit there.

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:05 am

I like Jones here. Could become a decent long term asset as well. SS for a bad team. Means he’ll be on the field a lot and opponents will be in run the clock mode 2nd half. But I’ve liked Jones the entire process, wish I had kept more picks on some of my teams so I can own him in more than 2/5 leagues.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:31 am

I like Jones myself, and own him. But Phillips is in a prime position to put up some serious numbers this year. I know it’s dynasty, but opportunities change in front of Ss every year, and not all changes are favorable. I see DBs as more fluid assets than other positions.

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:11 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:31 am I like Jones myself, and own him. But Phillips is in a prime position to put up some serious numbers this year. I know it’s dynasty, but opportunities change in front of Ss every year, and not all changes are favorable. I see DBs as more fluid assets than other positions.
Thats a good point. Fine, you convinced me- Phillips will be better than Jones this year.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:17 pm

TB3falcons wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:11 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:31 am I like Jones myself, and own him. But Phillips is in a prime position to put up some serious numbers this year. I know it’s dynasty, but opportunities change in front of Ss every year, and not all changes are favorable. I see DBs as more fluid assets than other positions.
Thats a good point. Fine, you convinced me- Phillips will be better than Jones this year.
:D

Now you’re screwed.

:wink:

DynastyDynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDynasty » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:42 pm

I'm new to IDP this year, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But, I go Phillips here. Having essentially a LB at the DB spot is hard to overlook. I don't think NE is going to play many games where they are blowing the doors off of someone. They are going to run more than any Brady led NE team ever did. Hence, I think they will need to buck-up a whole lot more on defense. Add in all of the trade-away's, free agent losses and opt-outs on defense, and guys like Phillips have no choice but to step up.
12 Team, PPR, TE Premium, IDP, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3Flex, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1Flex
QB-Mahomes,Ryan,Roeth
RB-McCaffrey,Kamara,J.Wilson,Jam.Williams,Hines,S.Perine,Hubbard
WR-Hill,Ridley,Golladay,Thielen,Godwin,Boyd,Hardman,Campbell,Coutee,Patrick
TE-Kittle,Pitts,Dwelley,Butler,Reyes
DL-Hunter,Ogbah,Graham,Q.Williams,Paye
LB-Leonard,Wagner,David,Reddick,Morrow,D.Davis,Thompson,W.Gay,Mosley
DB-Curl,Ryan,Clark,Phillips
2021 Draft-1.03=K. Pitts,2.03=A.Thielen+,2.05=C.Hubbard,3.06=K.Paye,3.07,4.07,&5.03=D. Leonard
Championships-2018 & 2020

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:09 am

DynastyDynasty wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:42 pm They are going to run more than any Brady led NE team ever did.
The Patriots ran the ball 42 times in week 1 (most in the league) and only gave up 58 offensive plays to the Dolphins (4th fewest in the league). I think running the ball so much is by design. I think they planned on doing it last year until 3/5 of their starting O line was hurt in preseason. So I'm thinking more offensive running plays = more clock running = shorter games = less defensive drives = less defensive plays = less opportunity for Patriot players to accumulate stats.

I don't know how much it will actually affect things but its what I'm thinking about.

I watched the Patriots game last week and Romo commented as the game was winding down towards the two minute warning of the 4th Q that most of the other 1 pm games were just getting to the end of the 3rd Q. The Patriots -Bills games might be over in an hour and a half.

DynastyDynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDynasty » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:42 pm

problemsolver wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:09 am
DynastyDynasty wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:42 pm They are going to run more than any Brady led NE team ever did.
The Patriots ran the ball 42 times in week 1 (most in the league) and only gave up 58 offensive plays to the Dolphins (4th fewest in the league). I think running the ball so much is by design. I think they planned on doing it last year until 3/5 of their starting O line was hurt in preseason. So I'm thinking more offensive running plays = more clock running = shorter games = less defensive drives = less defensive plays = less opportunity for Patriot players to accumulate stats.

I don't know how much it will actually affect things but its what I'm thinking about.

I watched the Patriots game last week and Romo commented as the game was winding down towards the two minute warning of the 4th Q that most of the other 1 pm games were just getting to the end of the 3rd Q. The Patriots -Bills games might be over in an hour and a half.
Very good point. I didn't look at it that way. Definitely something to consider with Phillips then. The SEA game will tell us a lot, since they're a little better than MIA.
12 Team, PPR, TE Premium, IDP, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3Flex, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1Flex
QB-Mahomes,Ryan,Roeth
RB-McCaffrey,Kamara,J.Wilson,Jam.Williams,Hines,S.Perine,Hubbard
WR-Hill,Ridley,Golladay,Thielen,Godwin,Boyd,Hardman,Campbell,Coutee,Patrick
TE-Kittle,Pitts,Dwelley,Butler,Reyes
DL-Hunter,Ogbah,Graham,Q.Williams,Paye
LB-Leonard,Wagner,David,Reddick,Morrow,D.Davis,Thompson,W.Gay,Mosley
DB-Curl,Ryan,Clark,Phillips
2021 Draft-1.03=K. Pitts,2.03=A.Thielen+,2.05=C.Hubbard,3.06=K.Paye,3.07,4.07,&5.03=D. Leonard
Championships-2018 & 2020