Trade Winovich for a 2021 3?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Trade Winovich for a 2021 3?

Postby Easy Breesy » Sat May 16, 2020 9:35 pm

Hey guys I’m sending a package of Rashaad Penny+Winovich for a 2021 2+3 what do you think?

I acquired Winovich for a 2021 4+7 earlier in the offseason
16 team Tiered PPR league, TE Premium, 52 man roster, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1W/R, 1TE/W, Full IDP
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert
RB- Antonio Gibson Ty Johnson, David Johnson Lat Murray
WR- Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Cordarelle Patterson,
TE- Hockeson, , Jonnu Smith, Firkser, Logan Thomas

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Trade Winovich for a 2021 3?

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 17, 2020 10:14 am

Easy Breesy wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:35 pm Hey guys I’m sending a package of Rashaad Penny+Winovich for a 2021 2+3 what do you think?

I acquired Winovich for a 2021 4+7 earlier in the offseason
Without knowing your scoring, starting, and roster requirements:

Sounds like you’re tired of waiting for Penny to produce. He flashed for a couple of games and then promptly wreaked his ACL plus additional knee ligament damage according to reports. You might get someone to nibble on his remaining potential.

Winovich looks like he’s going to amount to a FF depth DE, so I’d say if you can get your trade partner to bite on giving you a 2021 2nd & 3rd that you’ll have done pretty well. Don’t be surprised by a counteroffer or a flat out refusal - I think you’re getting the better end of the deal by a bit.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Sun May 17, 2020 10:34 am

I would say penny still is on his own worth more than a 2021 3rd and winovich is worth right around a 2021 3rd. Unless I was just really wanting to move on from penny I wouldnt be looking at that offer seriously. I would probably sell chase for that on his own though
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 17, 2020 11:20 am

Kcarr wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:34 am I would say penny still is on his own worth more than a 2021 3rd and winovich is worth right around a 2021 3rd. Unless I was just really wanting to move on from penny I wouldnt be looking at that offer seriously. I would probably sell chase for that on his own though
I’m curious to hear your projection for Winovich that you think he’s worth a 2021 3rd.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun May 17, 2020 12:32 pm

I will absolutely take the value, especially since it’s liquid, of the picks over the 2 guys who may be roster cloggers going forward.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Sun May 17, 2020 1:46 pm

Going by sig it looks like 16 teams and in would assume at least 10 defensive starters though that part isnt listed, just says full idp. Also my assumption with those posting on here unless specified is balanced enough scoring for idps to be close to offensive players in terms of scoring.

This means placing chase around the 40th rookie next year and that being a year out. This year in an exceptionally strong draft puts him with a few idps thrown in around the range of lamical perine, tyler johnson, and jalen hurts if you are looking at 1 qb rankings. Now if we discount that for being a year out and drop it another 10 spots this is valuing him within the range of quintez cephus and Darnell mooney and this is in an exceptionally deep class so this is setting the value level.

Now last year chase only played 500 or so snaps but had a sack about every 10th one. I think he should be able to improve on that. He was, by a quick search in one league, the 57th DE. If he can increase to just 750 snaps, typical DE2 range, his points should increase to mid DE2 levels just from the increased volume. That makes him a weekly starter which I would value right along with those offensive guys at least
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Kcarr wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:46 pm Going by sig it looks like 16 teams and in would assume at least 10 defensive starters though that part isnt listed, just says full idp. Also my assumption with those posting on here unless specified is balanced enough scoring for idps to be close to offensive players in terms of scoring.

This means placing chase around the 40th rookie next year and that being a year out. This year in an exceptionally strong draft puts him with a few idps thrown in around the range of lamical perine, tyler johnson, and jalen hurts if you are looking at 1 qb rankings. Now if we discount that for being a year out and drop it another 10 spots this is valuing him within the range of quintez cephus and Darnell mooney and this is in an exceptionally deep class so this is setting the value level.

Now last year chase only played 500 or so snaps but had a sack about every 10th one. I think he should be able to improve on that. He was, by a quick search in one league, the 57th DE. If he can increase to just 750 snaps, typical DE2 range, his points should increase to mid DE2 levels just from the increased volume. That makes him a weekly starter which I would value right along with those offensive guys at least
750 snaps at DE? In Belichick’s D? This guy ain’t Trey Flowers. If he gets 450-475 snaps at DE (typical Belichick rotation for all but bonafide stud DEs) - and BTW, Winovich’s 500 snaps were combined DE/ST - he’ll be doing very well. Belichick loves to rotate his DL. And a sack every 10 snaps? Didn’t he have 5.5 sacks last year?

You look to be projecting at his absolute ceiling and maybe even beyond that. I’d be surprised if Winovich cracked DE40 give or take, and that would be a good year for him. IMO of course.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Sun May 17, 2020 5:20 pm

I meant every 100, missed a 0. typing on my phone. Good point on that including special teams though, if we only count defense it was one every 50. Also then he just needs to get to 450 defensive snaps to project out to those numbers, which doesn't seem out of the question, as it is what even you are saying he should expect, assuming he also maintains the special teams tackles and if he can push beyond that which I don't see as impossible, then I think he could be even more than that, but if he can just push up into that 7 or 8 sacks range, not out of the question for a guy who as a rookie got 5.5, that makes him pretty much a starter in a league that size and I would take that over those late round shot WRs