Tartt or Jefferson?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Tartt or Jefferson?

Postby dvpkwys » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:05 pm

Looking for my consistent tackling, 1 point per, no assists. INTs sacks FF 4-6 points etc.

Jaquiski Tartt or Tony Jefferson?
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

Vectorgod
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Tartt or Jefferson?

Postby Vectorgod » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:38 pm

I like Jefferson for reliability. Tartt has a little higher ceiling, but he just can't stay on the field.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:59 am

Jefferson for me. Tartt hasn’t done anything of note outside of a few short spurts. He’s also got a good DL and two LBs who will soak up tackles now. Meanwhile, Mosley is gone in Baltimore, and Earl is there to leave him as the likely preferred option to play closer to the line of scrimmage. Age between them is irrelevant. I’m taking Jefferson for consistency, reliability, and the general higher floor/safer option.

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:05 am

I read an article back a month or two ago about how Eric Weddles range had been in decline and that the Ravens had been forced to play Jefferson further from the LOS than they would have liked to help cover Weddles deficiencies. The theory was that that won't be an issue with Earl Thomas and Jefferson can go back to being closer to the box more often which makes him an excellent bounce back candidate.

I've been adding TJ every where I can on the cheap.

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:38 am

problemsolver wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:05 am I read an article back a month or two ago about how Eric Weddles range had been in decline and that the Ravens had been forced to play Jefferson further from the LOS than they would have liked to help cover Weddles deficiencies. The theory was that that won't be an issue with Earl Thomas and Jefferson can go back to being closer to the box more often which makes him an excellent bounce back candidate.

I've been adding TJ every where I can on the cheap.
Yep, this has got me worried about JJ3 with the LA Rams... he was a stud last year. Have feeling he'll be playing deep more thanks to Weddle... who, to me, isn't the Rams best option. Weddle has limitations due to age.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis