Which LBs take a step forward in 2019??

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Kkiddynamite
Captain
Captain

Which LBs take a step forward in 2019??

Postby Kkiddynamite » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:58 pm

Looking at some guys that could have an opportunity to take a step forward. Here are a few guys Im looking at. Any thoughts appreciated.

Oren Burks- GB is looking for somebody to step up and start alongside Martinez, is athletic and looked good before injury last year.

Shaun Dion Hamilton-Foster injury opens the door and Im not a believer that Bostic is the answer.

Micah Kiser- is a thumper and there is an opening with Barron gone. Could be solid option.

Josey Jewell- Liked him coming in and should be a starter this year in Denver. Soak up whatever Chubb/Miller let through

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Re: Which LBs take a step forward in 2019??

Postby Team Tacos » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:29 am

Out of that bunch I like Burks and Shaun Dion the best, but am keeping an eye on all 4 of them.

Kkiddynamite
Captain
Captain

Postby Kkiddynamite » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:19 am

Yeah Im higher on SDH than most. I took Burks but the others are all still avail... gonna grab Tavai and one of the guys above. Jewell isnt special but should post solid numbers... Kiser interests me bc hes a thumper and if for whatever reason the Rams decide not to pay Littleton and he hits the market his opps could increase a bit

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:33 pm

kiser is apparently very poor in coverage so he profiles to be a 2 down linebacker. he's had a year in the pros to work on it but we won't know until he hits the field with the defense. he was a tackling machine on special teams and that's exactly how littleton started out. littleton was so good and made so many plays they had to put him on the field with the defense. hopefully kiser follows a similar path.

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:52 am

SDH is an assumed starter since WAS released Mason Foster. I added him last night.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:11 am

Jewells my favourite in that by a wide margin, eliteish DL in front of him and not many other LBs to steal his snaps

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:31 pm

I hope Malik Jefferson ... but I doubt it. Of course getting a solo tackle would be a big leap forward for him at this point.

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:58 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:31 pm I hope Malik Jefferson ... but I doubt it. Of course getting a solo tackle would be a big leap forward for him at this point.
Getting on the field would be a big leap, considering he played 11 defensive snaps last year...

EDIT: According to PFR
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis