Camp Battles - Linebackers

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Camp Battles - Linebackers

Postby bruiser » Sun May 28, 2017 5:07 am

Lukky, I've been pretty happy to get some cheap shares of Edwin Jackson following up on your enthusiasm for him on your Colts. Reading that Jon Bostic showed up at your OTAs made me smile. Don't worry - he's no threat to anyone on the roster. See Arthur Brown.

The Colts will be one of those teams with a lot of players looking for those two inside backer jobs.

Also, keep an eye on the Saints (although AJ Klein is slated for MIKE).
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Camp Battles - Linebackers

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:59 am

Yeah I tentatively expect Ed Jackson & Sean Spence to start the season in every down roles. Walker & Morrison to back them up and maybe edge into the starting lineup
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

SteveVolk
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SteveVolk » Mon May 29, 2017 4:49 am

I just grabbed Kamalei Correa and B.J. Goodson in my "rookie" draft. In this league, we go five rounds of rookies and then add veterans in and go five more rounds. Deep league. I targeted them before the draft started and spent significant capital to be sure I got Correa, but Goodson was flashing last season in training camp, so I have fairly high confidence in both of them winning those jobs. I had Orr last season, so maybe I am chasing his production but I've heard some of the experts say focusing on the position—ie., inside linebacker in Ravens scheme—over the player often works in IDP.

PNWHawkfan
Starter
Starter

Postby PNWHawkfan » Tue May 30, 2017 7:28 am

With Devondre Campbell going SAM, does his value increase or decrease in IDP? Someone just dropped Ed Jackson in my league, should I buy?
12 Team 38 man Rosters PPR/QB & TE Premium league QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR-TE/Flex and IDP (QB 6pts per TD)
QB- Justin Herbert, Kenny Pickett
RB-Bij. Robinson, J. Taylor, S. Barkley, D. Swift, JK Dobbins, G. Edwards, L. Fournette
WR-Justin Jefferson, Stefon Diggs, Diontae Johnson, Calvin Ridley, Josh Downs, Jayden Reed, Brandon Cooks
TE-Kelce, M. Andrews, T. Mcbride, C. Otton
K-Brandon Aubrey

IDP- 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 FLEX 2 PT per Tackle, .5 PT per Assist. 6 PT per sack/INT
DT/DE-Nick Bosa, Jaelen Phillips, Aiden Hutchinson, Jonathan Greenard, Sam Williams, Matt Judon
LB-Foyesade Oluokun, Frankie Luvu, Quincy Williams, Damone Clark, Shaquille Leonard, Matt Milano, Bryan Asamoah, Chad Muma,
DB- Kamren Curl, Reed Blankenship, Kyle Hamilton, Josh Metellus

2018 Champion 🏆
2020 Champion 🏆
2021 Champion 🏆

Taxi squad
Aiden O' Connel QB
Keaton Mitchell RB
Chris Brooks RB
Justyn Ross WR
Bryan Bresee DT
Tuli Tuipuloto DE

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Tue May 30, 2017 7:36 am

Lots of ideas floating around about the Bills LB battles. In that same thread of advice, the Bills will usually produce a top 10 LB, although the name changes year to year. I recently bought shares of Gerald Hodges for pennies; I'm hoping to print money next March.

Devondre Campbell may be relegated to a rotational role. Idk if he can beat out the new blood for starter snaps. Atlanta is moving Kemal Ishmael to compete at WLB, but he may not beat out Duke Riley. That situation is pretty murky, and I'll watch that battle to see if a free Kemal Ishmael is worth an add. Probably not so much right now tho.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Tue May 30, 2017 7:40 am

I've been more and more curious how the Raiders plan to address their LB situation. Jelani Jenkins figures to be the leader in the clubhouse, but everyone has forgotten how Cory James flashed last year. He's basically free right now (along with Heeney). Perry Riley is still hanging out there as a free agent and could potentially sign on. This is another camp battle to watch to try and land a free starter.
Last edited by bruiser on Tue May 30, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Tue May 30, 2017 8:32 am

PNWHawkfan wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 7:28 am With Devondre Campbell going SAM, does his value increase or decrease in IDP? Someone just dropped Ed Jackson in my league, should I buy?
His value has for sure not increased. On paper I'm sure that he's still the starter in sub-packages, but with him being moved to SAM in base formations and them bringing in ANOTHER fast and rangy LB it's not a positive development for Campbell's IDP future. It's not death, but it's more competition both for snaps and for tackles, and you generally want your IDPs to play MLB or WLB where they're more free to run and chase.

Best case, if Campbell ends up playing SAM in base and plays in nickel packages he could still be a fine starting option, but I would think that Duke Riley is going to give him competition for those sub-package snaps. Riley is a prototypical sub-package linebacker and to me Campbell looked quite clumsy in coverage last year. He's athletic but he looks clumsy which I'm assuming is because his instincts are pretty raw and he's slow to react. I thought he looked his best when he was attacking downfield. Instincts and coverage ability can improve, but when the next move the team does is to draft a 3rd round sub-package LB it's not a great signal.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:14 am

Bruiser wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 7:40 am I've been more and more curious how the Raiders plan to address their LB situation. Jelani Jenkins figures to be the leader in the clubhouse, but everyone has forgotten how Cory James flashed last year. He's basically free right now (along with Heeney). Duke Riley is still hanging out there as a free agent and could potentially sign on. This is another camp battle to watch to try and land a free starter.
Haha you mean Perry Riley? :wink:
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:18 am

Bruiser wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 5:07 amAlso, keep an eye on the Saints (although AJ Klein is slated for MIKE).
I own one share of the Saints LB corps, and that's Klein. He's the most valuable LB in NOLA, for IDP (in my humble opinion)

I also own a Goodson share and am curious to see if the Giants will finally produce a viable every snap LB

I picked up a share of Marquel Lee in the 10th round of a rookie draft, so basically free. He's got a shot to win MLB duties in Oakland.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:20 am

PNWHawkfan wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 7:28 am With Devondre Campbell going SAM, does his value increase or decrease in IDP? Someone just dropped Ed Jackson in my league, should I buy?
As others have said, Campbell's value is only headed down at this point.

Ed Jackson is in murky waters for sure, but he's still probably the best bet to be a 3-down LB opening the season in Indy. Spence is right there with him, Morrison is a bum, and Walker is an enigma who may turn into something by mid-season.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Tue May 30, 2017 5:01 pm

I been thinking for awhile Campbell is going to get replaced. For a guy so athletic he just seemed timid on the field. Could have been because he was a rookie, but still lacked killer instinct. No they drafted Riley....and made me glad I sold high on Campbell in this offseason. Think I only own him in 1 league yet.
I'm not a big fan of Jackson either for the same reason. Went back and watch a few colts games...he seemed to be getting drag tackles down field. Also seemed timid. There was 1 play where he blew pat the lineman and lit the RB up for a 5 yard loss, But seemed to be the only splash play I seen. Think Walker and Morrison/Spence are the guys till they draft a good one next yr.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Tue May 30, 2017 5:04 pm

Bruiser wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 7:40 am I've been more and more curious how the Raiders plan to address their LB situation. Jelani Jenkins figures to be the leader in the clubhouse, but everyone has forgotten how Cory James flashed last year. He's basically free right now (along with Heeney). Duke Riley is still hanging out there as a free agent and could potentially sign on. This is another camp battle to watch to try and land a free starter.
This one I will be watching closely as I picked up FA Rookie shares of James last yr on taxi.....and grabbed Jenkins off WW right before he signed with Oakland. I think these 2 will be the guys to target.....really rooting for James.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Tue May 30, 2017 5:21 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 11:18 am
Bruiser wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 5:07 amAlso, keep an eye on the Saints (although AJ Klein is slated for MIKE).
I own one share of the Saints LB corps, and that's Klein. He's the most valuable LB in NOLA, for IDP (in my humble opinion)

I also own a Goodson share and am curious to see if the Giants will finally produce a viable every snap LB

I picked up a share of Marquel Lee in the 10th round of a rookie draft, so basically free. He's got a shot to win MLB duties in Oakland.
In our larger leagues Ellerbe posts solid number if or when he gets on the field....he is a free value pick up. Check out his scoring when he does play.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Tue May 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Yeah, good advice on Ellerbe. We've all kinda forgotten that he is still on their roster. I'll probably use my last roster spot on him.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Tue May 30, 2017 6:49 pm

Nate Gerry (R) PHI - played SS in college, but the Iggles have already declared that he is a chase-and-tackle LB. They need one. They're cutting Kendricks post-June 3rd, and they absolutely need a WILL. Stash this guy.

Fwiw, I have no grade on this guy. I'm strictly buying on role/opportunity.