Mark Barron listed as Safety?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Mark Barron listed as Safety?

Postby derekhiny » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:12 pm

So the Rams released their 1st official 2016 depth chart the other day. Of note, and which quickly caught my eye, the Rams chose not to list a starting OLB on the left side, and instead chose to list Barron as a 3rd starting safety. I find this very interesting. Anything to see here? Or cause for tempered excitement that Barron may have his designation switched back to DB? Or should we assume that Roto and MFL won't give a rat's bleep and keep him listed as LB? There is a distinct difference between this situation and somebody like Bucannon's, as Bucannon is listed on AZ's official depth chart as a LB. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
12 Team Full Point PPR / IDP

QB - A-Rod, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jax,
RB - Zeke, DJ, Ingram, J Howard, Penny, Ware
WR - Nuk, Julio, D Adams, Cooks, A Cooper, Kirk, E Sanders, Albert Wilson, Deon Cain, Brandon Powell, Lasley
TE - Kittle, Delanie, Goedert, Brate, Eifert, Shaheen
DE - Hunter, Melvin Ingram, JPP, Fowler, Nassib, Golden, Turay
LB - Keuchley, Telvin, Deion Jones, Fred Warner
DB - Bates, John Johnson, McDougald, Justin Reid, Geathers, R Harrison, Whitehead

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Re: Mark Barron listed as Safety?

Postby Team Tacos » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:04 pm

derekhiny wrote:So the Rams released their 1st official 2016 depth chart the other day. Of note, and which quickly caught my eye, the Rams chose not to list a starting OLB on the left side, and instead chose to list Barron as a 3rd starting safety. I find this very interesting. Anything to see here? Or cause for tempered excitement that Barron may have his designation switched back to DB? Or should we assume that Roto and MFL won't give a rat's bleep and keep him listed as LB? There is a distinct difference between this situation and somebody like Bucannon's, as Bucannon is listed on AZ's official depth chart as a LB. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Surely that was just a mistake, but that would be sweet! Something to keep the eye on for sure...

I see what you're talking about here: http://www.therams.com/team/depth-chart.html
WR: OBJ, Dez, AJG, K. Allen, Crowder, K. White;
RB: Gurley, Montgomery, Lacy; QB: Wilson, Goff; TE: Eifert;
DL: Bosa, Danielle H., Ansah, Frank Clark;
LB: Telvin, Kwon, Collins, Jatavis, D. Lee; DEF: KC;
DB: Burnett, C-Dix, S. Davis; K:

Rookie Bench: C. Coleman, Doctson, N. Spence, Jaylon, Jack;
IR:

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 RB/WR/TE, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 LB, 3 DL, 4 DB
12 teams, Non-PPR, tackle heavy w/ TFL.

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:20 am

Fleaflicker just gave Barron the DB/LB flex designation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IR:

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:39 am

Team Tacos wrote:Fleaflicker just gave Barron the DB/LB flex designation!

Do anybody know if MFL ever does dual designations?

WR - Nuk, Julio, D Adams, Cooks, A Cooper, Kirk, E Sanders, Albert Wilson, Deon Cain, Brandon Powell, Lasley
DB - Bates, John Johnson, McDougald, Justin Reid, Geathers, R Harrison, Whitehead

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:59 am

derekhiny wrote:
Team Tacos wrote:Fleaflicker just gave Barron the DB/LB flex designation!

Do anybody know if MFL ever does dual designations?
Not sure, I don't remember fleaflicker doing it, except for Dexter McCluster a few years ago

IR:

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:59 pm

Couple things for clarification. There is no such thing as an "official" depth chart. The one on the official site is done by the PR department not by the coaches. Second, this is obviously a mistake. It doesn't have a WILL and Akeem Ayers is listed as started SAM. He was cut yesterday. Likely the chart got all messed up when they did cuts and players got removed out of the system. Barron will be a LB on MFL. Barron plays every snap at WILL. The tape doesn't lie.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:54 pm

breeze wrote:Couple things for clarification. There is no such thing as an "official" depth chart. The one on the official site is done by the PR department not by the coaches. Second, this is obviously a mistake. It doesn't have a WILL and Akeem Ayers is listed as started SAM. He was cut yesterday. Likely the chart got all messed up when they did cuts and players got removed out of the system. Barron will be a LB on MFL. Barron plays every snap at WILL. The tape doesn't lie.
Yeah it surprised me this AM, but I play on fleaflicker, so I'll take it!

IR:

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:11 pm

breeze wrote:Couple things for clarification. There is no such thing as an "official" depth chart. The one on the official site is done by the PR department not by the coaches. Second, this is obviously a mistake. It doesn't have a WILL and Akeem Ayers is listed as started SAM. He was cut yesterday. Likely the chart got all messed up when they did cuts and players got removed out of the system. Barron will be a LB on MFL. Barron plays every snap at WILL. The tape doesn't lie.

Very well may be a mistake, but it wasn't made because of the cuts and the system getting screwed up. The depth chart has been up since I made my post on 8/11. But there are a few more recent articles out saying the Rams are running a 4-2-5 base this year. Basically, that Barron will be playing a hybrid role and it wasn't a mistake in the listing of the depth chart. Just doubt that MFL will care.

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:03 pm

I've watched a ton of Rams tape and they run a 4-3 base and Barron is the WILL. Its very clear. 4-2-5 is simply a standard nickel package. And when they run 4-2-5 he's actually part of the "2" with Ogletree. While the player designation on MFL won't always be ideal for your fantasy team, it will always be the most accurate. Fwiw, the Rams unofficial depth chart also has TJ McDonald buried on it and he's the clear starting SS and has played all 1st team snaps this preseason. There are many errors on it.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:12 pm

breeze wrote:I've watched a ton of Rams tape and they run a 4-3 base and Barron is the WILL. Its very clear. 4-2-5 is simply a standard nickel package. And when they run 4-2-5 he's actually part of the "2" with Ogletree. While the player designation on MFL won't always be ideal for your fantasy team, it will always be the most accurate. Fwiw, the Rams unofficial depth chart also has TJ McDonald buried on it and he's the clear starting SS and has played all 1st team snaps this preseason. There are many errors on it.
Appreciate your input. Yes, I understand all that, and realize he played Will from week 6 on last year without Ogle. Was simply holding out hope, seeing as their base will supposedly be the nickel this year. Really don't think that will be all that uncommon for a lot of teams going forward with a majority of offenses going 3 wide sets as a base. Saw a potential small light at the end of the tunnel.