IDP Team Evaluation

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
ThrawnFett
Starter
Starter

IDP Team Evaluation

Postby ThrawnFett » Thu May 19, 2016 12:50 pm

I only have one team with IDP players and despite the fact that I've been managing the team for two years, I still feel lost sometimes. I feel like my team is in a really good spot (I know for a fact that the offense is stacked), but I'm not sure what I should be doing to improve. Specifically, what "needs" should I be looking to address pre-draft and during the rookie draft.

The starting requirements are: 1 QB, 1 Superflex, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 3 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL, 1 Def Flex

The scoring system is very tackle heavy, with tiered scoring per position.
Assist: 1
Solo: 2 (DB, LB), 3 (DL)
Interception: 1 (DB), 2 (LB), 3 (DL)
Sack: 4 (DB), 3 (LB), 2 (DL)
Forced Fumble: 4
Fumble Recovery: 3
Safety: 4
Def TD: 8
Blocked Kick: 3
Pass Defended: 1 (DB, LB), 2 (DL)

My team:
QB: Mariota, Tannehill, Ryan Fitz, Kaepernick
RB: Gurley, Ingram, CJ Anderson, Crowell, Duke Johnson, Draughn
WR: Antonio, A Rob, Alshon, Cooks, J Matthews, Decker, G Tate
TE: Olsen, Donnell, G Celek
LB: Telvin Smith, Karlos Dansby, Danny Trevathan, Stephen Tulloch, Mark Barron, Nigel Bradham, Sio Moore
DB: Reshad Jones, Malcolm Jenkins, Tyrann Mathieu, Josh Norman, Morgan Burnett, Nolan Carroll
DL: Aaron Donald, Kawann Short, Gerald McCoy, Sheldon Richardson, Dante Fowler, Kony Ealy, Randy Gregory, Kyle Williams

I know on offense, I could probably upgrade at QB and backup TE, but I honestly don't know what needs to happen on def. Are there any players that are good sells right now? Any that I should just drop? Who should I look for in trades?

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Re: IDP Team Evaluation

Postby JJDubya » Thu May 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Team looks pretty solid overall, and especially on O. I know the value of the IDP guys in my leagues relative to others and the offense, so it's hard to gauge yours but in terms of talent you look a little light at LB and Safety. CBs are barely worth rostering unless you have to, so I would go after a guy like Cravens in the draft who could put up Barron/Bucannon like numbers this year. I'd also look to upgrade at LB. There are lots of options in this year's draft, with Jack, Lee, Ragland and Jones all looking like day 1 contributors. I'd consider any of them in the second/third round. In one of my rebuilds, I grabbed Jack, Smith and Ragland in the second, and Cravens in the third. Love the direction of that team. No real sense in making any moves until the preseason is on us and depth charts are clearer.

ThrawnFett
Starter
Starter

Postby ThrawnFett » Thu May 19, 2016 2:25 pm

In that league's scoring system, IDP players score a decent amount. Reshad Jones was the top scoring IDP at 282 points (Overall player #22) and there are 8 players in the top 40.

My other safeties were top players at their position. Malcolm Jenkins was the DB3 (236) and Tyrann Mathieu was the DB5 (206). There was only 7 DBs that scored more than 200 points. I feel like my DB position is pretty solid there.

I definitely like Cravens this year from what I've read on him.

Would you be looking to trade a WR to get a top IDP player (Watt, etc)?

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri May 20, 2016 9:52 pm

I don't think you need to trade off your offensive depth to get a stud IDP, you have a pretty decent defensive roster. Be looking for another couple nice linebackers to pair with Smith and travathan tho. Your DLs are fantastic, and DB is easily filled via waivers or drafts. Try to pick up one of the top LBs in this year's draft (like Deion Jones, Myles Jack, Ragland, or Darron Lee), or maybe trade for Denzel Perriman, Eric Kendricks, or Jordan Hicks.

Honestly tho, I wouldn't worry too much about acquiring a stud LB via trade. Go organic. If you can't draft a top tier LB, here are some low budget ones that could be on waivers, who have great shots at being LB2s this year: Zachary Orr, Nate Irving, Anthony Hitchens, Jonathan Freeny, Will Compton, and also some rookies! Look at Antonio Morrison, Josh Perry, Blake Martinez, and the pass rusher from Baltimore (Kalami Coromo or something??)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Sat May 21, 2016 9:01 am

Personally with that roster I would be looking at a lb who could start right away like Darron Lee, deion jones, or myles jack and also take a flier on Jaylon smith if he falls as that could give you plus lbs for this year and potentially dominant down the road. If those fell through someone like antonio morrison later could see the playing time to put up numbers. In a league like this where you have plenty of depth and don't start all that many 2 down guys like Ragland would be off my board.

At db, the top guys this year are too expensive for me unless one falls. Last year I filled my dbs with guys like dashon goldson and mark Barron off waivers and though Barron was a special case I feel most years someone like goldson could be found, an older guy who will put up tackles. Charles Woodson spent a lot of the season on waivers and that was on a roster 40 start 3 db league. I could have grabbed him several times in that one but already had too many dbs
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan