Gregory Rousseau Value

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Gregory Rousseau Value

Postby dawgs4life » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:41 am

What do you guys think his value is in terms of 2022 draft picks.
Thx Ahead.

TheBelgian
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Gregory Rousseau Value

Postby TheBelgian » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:14 am

This is difficult question to answer because IDP leagues vary so much in scoring and starting requirements. Im not even sure how many rounds you have in your rookie draft, how many teams are in your league or how deep rosters are in the league.
In general, Rousseau has a steady floor with a low ceiling. Rousseau is a talented DL, but is in a system that rotates their DL on a regular basis. This limits big games for fantasy managers. I’m guessing here, but if you are in the standard IDP league, I would say he is not worth very much. You can probably replace his production on waivers, but again, I’m guessing.

stick3925
Rookie
Rookie

Postby stick3925 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:22 am

Definitely depends on scoring system as TheBelgian alludes too. My league is big play (sack) heavy and DL are basically equivalent to TEs. Rousseau was drafted in the mid to late 2nd (27th in a 16-team league), which at the time I thought was a reach. Although, in retrospect I would say he looked good enough this season to probably justify that pick. I really like his upside and his production should go up as his playing time increases going forward. I think a mid to late 2nd in my league would be the ceiling for what I would expect someone to move him for.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:31 pm

Mid to late 2nd. He flashed early then wasn't heard from much. Still he entered raw, he's a nice buy if the price isn't too high.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:10 pm

In one of my leagues, as an example, he finished 17th in total points and 29th per game among DEs. He is a raw player who really only had one college season at DE so I think there is some room for growth on that. Also some of the DEs around him are aging and may be gone in the near future leaving room for his role to increase some.

To balance that Buffalo likes to spend a lot of assets on their line and rotate a lot so he isn't likely to settle in as a top end guy. Buffalo didnt have anyone hit 600 snaps at DE this past year. I would say he probably settles in long term somewhere in the DE2 range so if your league splits DE and DT and requires at least 2 starters at DE at least long term solid starter is solidly in his expectable range of outcomes. I would generally, in that case, be open to valuing him around a kid to late 2nd. In most of my leagues he went in the 3rd but in some with some devy component he went up into the 2nd. I would value yum about where he was drafted, maybe a little more, now
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan