Dorial Green-Beckham

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Dorial Green-Beckham

Postby SpaderDude » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:51 pm

Possibly going to Eastern Illinois.

http://247sports.com/Article/Dorial-Gre ... s-28389343

Just curious to hear further comment on his NFL upside if he gets his head on straight. Does he have top 5 upside with his skills and frame? Took him with my 1st DEVY selection ever a couple weeks back before he was dismissed.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

lifesyourcup
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Dorial Green-Beckham

Postby lifesyourcup » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:17 pm

I worry that he might be TOO tall. How many 6'6" WRs lighting it up in the NFL? He's a Redzone/Endzone monster no doubt, but can he get it done outside of that?

Is he just a slightly better version of Brandon Coleman?

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:45 am

Seems to be more name than prospect at this point. I had tons of questions about him already, just as a player. Wasn't a believer. And then the off-field stuff keeps getting worse.

cditty75
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby cditty75 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:08 am

So far I haven't seen the on-field talent matching the hype he had coming out of highschool. This coming from a Mizzou fan.

top9play23
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby top9play23 » Sat May 17, 2014 2:20 pm

How soon would you pull trigger on DGB with his dismissal in a Devy draft?
8 team PPR: 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 4 WRs, TE
QBs: Romo Rodgers, Bridgewater, Manziel, Fitzgerald, Cousins
RBs: McCoy, Murray, Crowell,
Martin Ridley, McFadden, Lweis, Spiller
WRs Megatron, OBJ, Jeffrey, Watkins, Diggs, Garçon, Lee, Dorial Green Beckam, White
TE: Gronk
K: Bryant
D/ST: SF,

NewtotheBiz
Starter
Starter

Postby NewtotheBiz » Mon May 19, 2014 10:52 am

2nd rd at the VERY earliest, and that would be for the biggest believer/apologist. I wouldn't touch him in the 3rd even. He just seems to be a guy who is taller than DBs he plays against. I don't see the dynamic ability, even without the off-field concerns. He seems to be taking the DaRick Rogers, Colt Lyerla, Isaiah Crowell path to the NFL. That rarely translates into a productive career. Let him be someone else's problem. If you get into the 5th rd and he's available, he's worth a gamble I guess. His only redeeming bonus is that he is 2015 eligible, and perhaps the lure of an NFL contract can get his head screwed on straight. Still needs to figure out how to play WR instead of just outjumping the opponent.
16-tm, 1-PPR, (SK:TK 3:1.5)
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 3DL 4LB 4DB

QB: Brady, Dalton
RB: Murray, DMart, Bernard, R Mathews, K Dixon
WR: Bryant, OBJ, Evans, Ty Hill, M Jones, Ty Williams, Gabriel, Beasley, Inman, Peake
TE: Eifert, J Thomas, Tye
K: Walsh
DL: Ansah, Wake, C Johnson, M Johnson, Fowler, Ygakoue
LB: D Jones, J Hicks, D Harris, Compton, M Kendricks
DB: Church, Graham, Quin, McDougald

12-tm Devy, .5PPR, (SK:TK 5:1)
1QB 2-3RB 3-5WR 1-2TE 3DL 3LB 3DB

QB: Cam, Stafford, E Manning, Cousins
RB: Bell, McCoy, Martin, Lacy, JStew, J White, J Rodgers
WR: Brown, OBJ, D Bryant, M Thomas, Decker, M Jones, Gabriel, Garcon, T Smith
TE: Reed, Henry, Rudolph
DL: Mack, Donald, Cox, Richardson, M Jackson, Spence
LB: Shazier, T Davis, Barron, Ingram, Barron, Kerrigan
DB: K Coleman, Nelson, Addae

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dlf_robw » Thu May 22, 2014 4:48 am

NewtotheBiz wrote:2nd rd at the VERY earliest, and that would be for the biggest believer/apologist. I wouldn't touch him in the 3rd even. He just seems to be a guy who is taller than DBs he plays against. I don't see the dynamic ability, even without the off-field concerns. He seems to be taking the DaRick Rogers, Colt Lyerla, Isaiah Crowell path to the NFL. That rarely translates into a productive career. Let him be someone else's problem. If you get into the 5th rd and he's available, he's worth a gamble I guess. His only redeeming bonus is that he is 2015 eligible, and perhaps the lure of an NFL contract can get his head screwed on straight. Still needs to figure out how to play WR instead of just outjumping the opponent.
Agree 100%. Not a guy I'd want to deal with. Remove the five stars from recruiting profile and I do not believe he's being discussed in the terms he generally is.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:10 pm

With him being linked to Oklahoma now, how does this change things for him, or does it?

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:07 am

italian_stallion21 wrote:With him being linked to Oklahoma now, how does this change things for him, or does it?
It's good in that it will force him to have structure around him, but I doubt he actually waits and plays in a year. He's doing this to repair his draft stock to declare after this year. Smart move.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:30 am

ConnSKINS26 wrote:
italian_stallion21 wrote:With him being linked to Oklahoma now, how does this change things for him, or does it?
It's good in that it will force him to have structure around him, but I doubt he actually waits and plays in a year. He's doing this to repair his draft stock to declare after this year. Smart move.
That's what I was wondering, if he'd actually play, or will just declare next year.