New to Devy

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
ToddFarthouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

New to Devy

Postby ToddFarthouse » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:50 pm

Hey guys, aside from DLF could you point me towards some places with good Devy info?

Podcasts would be awesome and preferred but any resources are much appreciated. I don’t watch much college and our inaugural devy draft, 3rds, is fast approaching.

Looking forward to getting into this type of league, it adds a new challenge to fantasy.
Team 1
12 team Dynasty

Qb- Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers
Rb- Kamara, Chubb, Conner, Ingram, AP, Duke, Gio
Wr- Evans, Hopkins, Golladay, TY, AB, A. Wilson
Te- Olsen, Rudolph, Hollister

Team 2
12 team Dynasty

Qb- L. Jackson, Brady, Carr
Rb- Barkley, Kamara, Chubb, Guice, Breida
Wr- Adams, Evans, JuJu, Jeffery, Metcalf, Campbell
Te- Andrews, Goedert, Fant, Smith jr.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: New to Devy

Postby pierson242 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:05 pm

Be sure to check out the "Devy Marketplace" podcast. I co-host it with another DLF writer although it is not technically a "DLF" Branded podcast, be sure to check it out.

Also be sure to post any devy questions here. Myself, and the rest of the forum, will be happy to help!

Welcome to devy!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:08 am

DLF_Pierson wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:05 pm Be sure to check out the "Devy Marketplace" podcast. I co-host it with another DLF writer although it is not technically a "DLF" Branded podcast, be sure to check it out.

Also be sure to post any devy questions here. Myself, and the rest of the forum, will be happy to help!

Welcome to devy!
What platforms do you post it on? Can't find it on Podbean :(
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:49 pm

tresskid84 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:08 am
DLF_Pierson wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:05 pm Be sure to check out the "Devy Marketplace" podcast. I co-host it with another DLF writer although it is not technically a "DLF" Branded podcast, be sure to check it out.

Welcome to devy!
I believe it’s posted there! You will need to search for it under the FFMercs. It’s part of the FF Mercs podcast family

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:52 pm

DLF_Pierson wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:49 pm

Welcome to devy!
I believe it’s posted there! You will need to search for it under the FFMercs. It’s part of the FF Mercs podcast family
Thanks, found it! Will give me a few hours of listening while quarantined in PA, lol.
2 SF, 8 Flex

WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW

WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:34 pm

tresskid84 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:52 pm

Thanks, found it! Will give me a few hours of listening while quarantined in PA, lol.
Hope you enjoy it man! Always open to feedback!

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:36 am

DLF_Pierson wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:34 pm
tresskid84 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:52 pm

Hope you enjoy it man! Always open to feedback!
Episdoe 11 was directly speaking to the team in my sig, lol. Entering year 3 of my tear down of that orphan
Last edited by tresskid84 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 SF, 8 Flex

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:41 am

ToddFarthouse wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:50 pm Hey guys, aside from DLF could you point me towards some places with good Devy info?

Podcasts would be awesome and preferred but any resources are much appreciated. I don’t watch much college and our inaugural devy draft, 3rds, is fast approaching.

Looking forward to getting into this type of league, it adds a new challenge to fantasy.
Other than DLF (which is where you will find the most devy content that I've seen), PFF has some good college info out there. Their writer Anthony Treash seems do be doing a bunch of current college articles. They don't put out specific devy articles, but theres some good info on there, though kind of sparse (following @pff_college on twitter too). I like Walter Football's stuff (again, not devy specific). Not exactly the most informative site, but he does update the future mocks and future positional rankings relatively often. At least gives you names to then go research yourself.
2 SF, 8 Flex

ToddFarthouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ToddFarthouse » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:28 pm

Thanks guys. I made sure to add your podcast to my list, I’m enjoying it so far.

In my league we have no limit to devy players we can own but we only have a two round draft each yea for devy. I was able to pull off some trades and now have 4 for this years initial draft. Would you say there is more value placed on players that will likely enter the nfl next year as opposed to a potential STUD that might still have two years before they can declare? It’s a superflex so I’m also trying to figure out if I should target qb with the later picks even if they won’t enter next years draft.
Team 1
12 team Dynasty

Team 2
12 team Dynasty

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:12 pm

ToddFarthouse wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:28 pm Thanks guys. I made sure to add your podcast to my list, I’m enjoying it so far.

In my league we have no limit to devy players we can own but we only have a two round draft each yea for devy. I was able to pull off some trades and now have 4 for this years initial draft. Would you say there is more value placed on players that will likely enter the nfl next year as opposed to a potential STUD that might still have two years before they can declare? It’s a superflex so I’m also trying to figure out if I should target qb with the later picks even if they won’t enter next years draft.
The sooner the people will be entering the NFL the better imo. Less chance for them to get hurt or fade off, so typically I value Sophomores and juniors higher than freshman.

Feel free to post in here when you are drafting! I and the rest of the forum would love to help and see you results!

ToddFarthouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ToddFarthouse » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:50 pm

DLF_Pierson wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:12 pm
ToddFarthouse wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:28 pm Thanks guys. I made sure to add your podcast to my list, I’m enjoying it so far.

The sooner the people will be entering the NFL the better imo. Less chance for them to get hurt or fade off, so typically I value Sophomores and juniors higher than freshman.

Feel free to post in here when you are drafting! I and the rest of the forum would love to help and see you results!
Definitely will post once we get the Devy draft rolling, probably a couple of weeks away.
Team 1
12 team Dynasty

Team 2
12 team Dynasty

ToddFarthouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ToddFarthouse » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:13 pm

In the upcoming startup, where would you pull the trigger on Spencer Rattler? I have a late 2nd and early 3rd. It is a superflex so am I right to assume that he falls in that pick range or would you think he could go even earlier? Also have been listening to the podcast, it’s on my favorites! Thanks!
Team 1
12 team Dynasty

Team 2
12 team Dynasty

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:02 am

ToddFarthouse wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:13 pm

In the upcoming startup, where would you pull the trigger on Spencer Rattler? I have a late 2nd and early 3rd. It is a superflex so am I right to assume that he falls in that pick range or would you think he could go even earlier? Also have been listening to the podcast, it’s on my favorites! Thanks!
Thank you so much for the feedback. We are always happy to have new listeners!

In a superflex if you can grab him in the early third that’s good value. On the latest Devy Marketplace we did a quick little superflex two round mock and he went late second!

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:52 am

I've been listening to Devy Deep Dive (I think is what it's called) it's pretty solid.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:05 pm

footballsfuture.com isn't fantasy based but all college player talk