Najee vs Chubba

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
dawgDYNASTY
Rookie
Rookie

Najee vs Chubba

Postby dawgDYNASTY » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:37 pm

Currently in some trade negotiations, and the owner has given me the option of Najee or Hubbard.

I left this past seasin feeling great about Najee. Handled the workload, recieving prowess got a huge boost, adequate in pass pro - then he decided to return to school. Turns out he was getting 2nd-5th(!!) Round grades from the draft advisory. How much can he improve on in a year really? With extra mileage and another year older? Is he topped out as a prospect? How much does Trey Sanders effect his 2021?

Chubba is exciting. Fast, big play threat, solid receiving work. Age is a plus. But I'd be lying if I said I wasnt concerned with the pass pro. Some like to use the word "soft" with chubba. I see him breaking tackles and getting YAC but he definatley isnt one to look for contact. At the very least, I can see ways that chubba can climb even more if he sures up those question marks.

So which one gets drafted first in 2021? Are they both top 5 backs? Which one would you rather take the shot on?

I originally leaned Najee, but I'm not sure how much more he can do for himself. Im starting to lean chubba.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Najee vs Chubba

Postby pierson242 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:41 pm

Both are super talented and ranked inside my top 5 for the 2021 RB class (actually just dropped an article on this).

I would lean Chubba, I think he has a little more upside given he is quicker/more explosive than Najee. Najee is still incredibly talented and athletic for his size, so I dont think you can go wrong with either one. However given the choice I would prefer Chubba.
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:17 pm

I wouldn't really want to pay the price for either as I think they are getting bumped due to lack of competition. Najee is matt jones with bigger rushing lanes. maybe a 3rd-4th round NFL pick but I don't see him hitting big. Chuba I think has day 2 upside. very fast but he gets exposed when there isn't a huge hole for him. I'd like him to display more than 1 gear more often and can he maintain the speed if he adds 5-10 lbs? he's kind of Marlon Mack-ish out of college
After Etienne, 2021 looks like a average or below RB class with these 2, Keontay Ingram, Teague, Borghi, maybe Sermon all at the top currently.

dawgDYNASTY
Rookie
Rookie

Postby dawgDYNASTY » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:46 am

It was all part of a bigger deal - but I ended up sliding with najee here, due to the fact that the owner wanted more from my end if I wanted chubba. I don't think the difference was enough to pay up for, and I really think najee is one hell of a player. I cant say I understand the move to go back to school very much, he was really impressive last season imo, especially the strides he made in the receiving game. I worry slightly about a healthy Trey Sanders taking work, but maybe less tread on the tires will be more favorable.