Tua vs Fromm vs Fields

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Tua vs Fromm vs Fields

Postby Lord_Varys » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:08 am

Hey guys,

Have a devy draft in a few months and I may need to pick between one of these three. Wondering your takes as to how you rank 'em and why?

Wish we have more Fields to go off of.

Tua was first for me, until the Natty. Clemson made him look like a child.

Fromm's a prototypical pocket passer and feels safest. Good arm. Lowest ceiling though.

Jimmy G is my only startable QB so I need to make sure to hit on my QB2.

DynastyDog
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Tua vs Fromm vs Fields

Postby DynastyDog » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:48 am

Tua, Fields, Fromm for me.

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:14 pm

I've got Fields, Tua, Fromm but I have Fields and Tua very close. Fromm isn't terribly far behind though. I'm assuming Lawrence is already on someone's roster?
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

dawgDYNASTY
Rookie
Rookie

Postby dawgDYNASTY » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:37 am

I would put Tua and Fromm first if you need it sooner. Fields will be 2021 at the earliest and weve still seen the least from him. (Qb1 documentary a great look at fields and fromm in high school)

My quick comps:
Tua - Russel
Fields - Newton
Fromm - Ryan

By need:
Tua
Fromm
Fields

By talent:
Fields
Tua
Fromm

I think all will be solid starters at the next level, and possibly the #1-2 pick in their respective draft years.

ehasz15
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby ehasz15 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:34 pm

Pay whatever it takes for Lawrence....Hes something he haven't seen before

grindhouse
Rookie
Rookie

Postby grindhouse » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:04 pm

The only knock why I didnt choose Tua in a recent devy was that he was left handed. Therefore i took Fields.

Hate that to be the sole reason. But the team that Tua goes to better have an open minded appeal for the southpaw with a progressive coaching system. And for 2020 that team may be NO, NEP, DEN, LAC, CIN, PIT or DET. And in most of those cases I would assume a new coaching staff would follow. Just speculating mind you.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... in-the-nfl
12 team superflex / ppr / IDP
Orphan takeover on 3/11/18

QB - Beathard, Manning, Rosen
RB - McCoy, Mack, Adams, Hines, Wilkens, Samuels
WR- Nuk, Thomas, Jeffrey, Boyd, Godwin
TE - Ertz, Andrews, Hurst

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:24 am

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

As of now, I have the #2 pick in our Devy draft. Trevor Lawrence is available. I'm guessing #1 takes Josh Jacobs per whispers I've heard and per the fact he's a Bama fan. Other players available and in play at #2 could be Hakeem Butler or Darrell Henderson depending on where they land in the NFL draft (our Devy draft is late May).

My thinking was that I could potentially trade out of #2, or take Henderson/Butler should they land in prime spots, and then spend my later picks (I have #5, #11, and #24 picks) on one of the other QBs. Eno Benjamin and John Emery are other enticing RBs available, or Justyn Ross. All the prime RBs next year are taken already (Swift, Taylor, Ettienne, Akers, Dobbins. Najee too, but is he 'prime'? I digress...)

My leaning at the moment is to just take Lawrence at #2. But if Henderson winds up in KC, for example, I would need to take him. Hence, my mind started rolling on one of the other QBs at #5 or #11, and who I should prioritize. I hate to spend such a high pick on a QB, great as he is, when I know one of these other good QBs will be available with a later pick. Still, my plan is to just take Lawrence. Wanted to understand the consensus around the backup plan. Sounds like there is none. Which means they're all probably going to be allright.

Also, note, I don't necessarily need someone sooner. I'm in the middle of a rebuild and could afford to wait until 2021 for Lawrence.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:00 am

why would rookies be available in the devy draft?
It's hard to say how he will develop over 2 years but I'd think Ross would have the most devy value.
How many teams in the league? If Jimmy goes down I'd think you can get a Dalton or Rivers for pretty cheap.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sat May 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:00 am why would rookies be available in the devy draft?
It's hard to say how he will develop over 2 years but I'd think Ross would have the most devy value.
How many teams in the league? If Jimmy goes down I'd think you can get a Dalton or Rivers for pretty cheap.
When else would rookies be available to draft?

12 league owners. I'm hesitant to draft Lawrence - stud though he may be - because of how easy it is to acquire capable fantasy quarterbacks, when I consider Mecole or Rondale are available with the same pick.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:17 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:16 pm
Krypto_King wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:00 am why would rookies be available in the devy draft?
When else would rookies be available to draft?

12 league owners. I'm hesitant to draft Lawrence - stud though he may be - because of how easy it is to acquire capable fantasy quarterbacks, when I consider Mecole or Rondale are available with the same pick.
in a rookie draft? how did it all shake out?