Post-draft consensus mock 1.06

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.

After the NFL draft, who is your rookie 1.06 in a 12 team, 1 QB PPR league?

Jameis Winston
1%
Marcus Mariota
No votes
TJ Yeldon
25%
Tevin Coleman
12%
Ameer Abdullah
4%
Duke Johnson
No votes
David Johnson
No votes
Jay Ajayi
No votes
Nelson Algholor
32%
Breshad Perriman
11%
Dorial Green Beckham
15%
Phillip Dorsett
No votes
Jaelen Strong
1%
Devin Funchess
No votes
Maxx Williams
No votes

Total votes: 114

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Post-draft consensus mock 1.06

Postby TommyL31 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:32 am

Will try to keep this moving and call it pretty soon after someone hits 20 votes. Will award 2 at a time if there's a pretty clear runner up.

1.01 Amari Cooper WR Oak 49%
1.02 Todd Gurley RB StL 40% (same poll as 1.01)
1.03 Melvin Gordon RB SD 58%
1.04 Kevin White WR Chi 33% (same as poll 1.03)
1.05 Devante Parker WR Mia 74%
Last edited by TommyL31 on Wed May 06, 2015 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Post-draft consensus mock 1.06

Postby AZK » Tue May 05, 2015 11:46 am

This is going to be the most interesting draft area for every league. Everyone has their guy and its a fairly big tier 2/3
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:08 pm

Yeah, I think we're officially past the ability to award two picks per poll. Lot of personal preference and lack of consensus from here on out I think. I actually own the 1.09 in a league and I really want to land my guy out of this group. Tried to trade up to 1.06 or 1.07 without success. Probably not going to worry about it. As much as I have my preference I think there's a 50-50 shot my guy falls to me anyway.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

austing
Role Player
Role Player

Postby austing » Tue May 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Have to go Coleman here even in ppr. In two years I think we are going to look back and say "how did we let Coleman's running style and that draft class cloud our judgement when it is so clear now that he was the #3 OR #2 pick in this draft?" Yeldon will so sadly probably be a plodder (aka Gerhart) in that offense unless they get nasty on the o-line soon, which I don't see happening unless the GM has suddenly woken up (which may be considering 2014-2015 moves from what I've seen, but will not be in 2015).

I understand wanting your favorite receiver left on the board here but I think we have to really look at the RB's this year for what they are, a rare treasure considering the league now. In any other year Coleman, Yeldon, Gordon, and Gurley in their foreseeable roles on the teams they were drafted by would go number one in dynasty considering the obvious natural shortage of Top tier RB's in FF. So taking that into account, I think the relative #1 pick at the #6 spot is tremendous value, more than I can say for any receiver listed here. Seriously, take out Gordon, Gurley, and Yeldon and if by some miracle five receivers were taken before Coleman would you even question it? The same arguments could be made for any of the top four backs, even Yeldon with a clear bell cow knighthood. Just because backs are plentiful this year does not mean we should take it fore granted.

On top of this, although no-ones really saying it - this years wr's are not even close to as good as last years. No supreme size (Evans/Benjamin>DGB), Ultra Talent (Watkins/ODB>Cooper/white-fact) or "all-aroundness" (Matthews>parker imho). They are good, heck yes, but not amazing. And going forward the trend tells us many amazing receivers will be coming out on a yearly basis, most likely as soon as the 2016 draft. We can't say that for runningbacks.

Interestingly enough however, if I was loaded at runningback I would go Angholor then Strong of the guys left-both could be good contributors although never Wr1's. Perriman/DGB/Funchess/Dorsett = boom or bust every week, no thanks. So all in all, this is dynasty, and I always try to look at everything long term; and to me this year screams: "get your rb's now!"
12 team/37 year contract cap ppr league/ Player (yrs left on team) --- Qb Rb Flex Flex Flex Flex (max 3 rbs, no req. TEs)

QB Josh Allen (1)

RB Nick Chubb (1) Miles Sanders (4) Chase Edmunds (1)

WR Kenny Golladay (2) Jerry Jeudy (4) Courtland Sutton (3) Allen Robinson (3) Marvin Jones (2) Nelson Agholor (1) Nkeal Harry (3)

K Josh Brown (1)

Dst Bears (1)

2021 1.04 Pick (waddle/pitts/williams)

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue May 05, 2015 10:16 pm

austing wrote:Have to go Coleman here even in ppr. In two years I think we are going to look back and say "how did we let Coleman's running style and that draft class cloud our judgement when it is so clear now that he was the #3 OR #2 pick in this draft?" Yeldon will so sadly probably be a plodder (aka Gerhart) in that offense unless they get nasty on the o-line soon, which I don't see happening unless the GM has suddenly woken up (which may be considering 2014-2015 moves from what I've seen, but will not be in 2015).
"
I am not as good at scouting as some of you guys but why do you say this? doesn't he have the highest "elusive" rating?
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

austing
Role Player
Role Player

Postby austing » Tue May 05, 2015 10:54 pm

MrUbuto wrote:
austing wrote:Have to go Coleman here even in ppr. In two years I think we are going to look back and say "how did we let Coleman's running style and that draft class cloud our judgement when it is so clear now that he was the #3 OR #2 pick in this draft?" Yeldon will so sadly probably be a plodder (aka Gerhart) in that offense unless they get nasty on the o-line soon, which I don't see happening unless the GM has suddenly woken up (which may be considering 2014-2015 moves from what I've seen, but will not be in 2015).
"
I am not as good at scouting as some of you guys but why do you say this? doesn't he have the highest "elusive" rating?
Not about a specific metric or number on a piece of paper, he just looked slow footed to me with meh acceleration. I know 4.6 isn't actually a bad time especially for bigger backs but he just looked like the next level will be too quick for him.. On top of this he really doesn't use his size that well - while he does fall forward a lot, he rarely trucks somebody or generates significant yards after contact when it's not an easy arm tackle which will happen less now.. Not to mention that in this offense I honestly feel a back would have to be a 'game-breaker' kind of prospect to elevate the rushing attack to relevancy. Until (if) Bortles starts to take off, Yeldon will not have the athleticism, passing game, or O-line to keep from being stuffed 24/7 (see MJD's or Gerhart's last year there). Finally, when the jags eventually do block one perfectly, he doesnt have the wheels to bring his YPC back up or the offense to help him consistently get those bailout goal line touches which save so many of his ilk. Powerbacks of this speed and skillset are more often the gerhart/shonn greene/benson/maroney type than the Hill/Blount/Lacy type (and they landed in friendly situations to boot). This pick screams situation over talent to me- no thanks. #Colemanfor2015ROTY
12 team/37 year contract cap ppr league/ Player (yrs left on team) --- Qb Rb Flex Flex Flex Flex (max 3 rbs, no req. TEs)

QB Josh Allen (1)

RB Nick Chubb (1) Miles Sanders (4) Chase Edmunds (1)

WR Kenny Golladay (2) Jerry Jeudy (4) Courtland Sutton (3) Allen Robinson (3) Marvin Jones (2) Nelson Agholor (1) Nkeal Harry (3)

K Josh Brown (1)

Dst Bears (1)

2021 1.04 Pick (waddle/pitts/williams)