Way too Early 2019 Dynasty Start Up Mock Draft (Half PPR)

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
Chrismit00
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Way too Early 2019 Dynasty Start Up Mock Draft (Half PPR)

Postby Chrismit00 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:02 pm

Ok where’s rd 2! Adams at 2.01

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:04 pm

Not blown away by Adams as a talent. He's had a perfect storm of weak, fading, injured or inexperienced WRs playing opposite him over the last couple of years. He's very good in lots of areas, but I don't see him as a particularly special player.

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 am

Factory of Sadness wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:04 pm Not blown away by Adams as a talent. He's had a perfect storm of weak, fading, injured or inexperienced WRs playing opposite him over the last couple of years. He's very good in lots of areas, but I don't see him as a particularly special player.
Who cares? For the next 3-4 years he’s locked in as the top WR for Rodgers which yields an average of 1,300 yards and 12 TDs per year. And who can predict anything after 3-4 years? It’s totally speculative trying to predict that far out.

Yeah Juju and MT look great now, but so did Kelvin Benjamin and Sammy Watkins in their early careers. The only thing we know for sure rn is that Davante is Rodgers’ WR1 for the foreseeable future and that Brees and Big Ben won’t be in the league in a few years.

Fantasy is all about opportunity. I bet if Corey Davis were in Juju or MT’s situation instead, he’d be putting up numbers that were just as good if not better. And we know Juju and MT won’t have their current situation for much longer.
Last edited by ajf235 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:40 pm

ajf235 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 am
Factory of Sadness wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:04 pm Not blown away by Adams as a talent. He's had a perfect storm of weak, fading, injured or inexperienced WRs playing opposite him over the last couple of years. He's very good in lots of areas, but I don't see him as a particularly special player.
Who cares? For the next 3-4 years he’s locked in as the top WR for Rodgers which yields an average of 1,300 yards and 12 TDs per year. And who can predict anything after 3-4 years? It’s totally speculative trying to predict that far out.

Yeah Juju and MT look great now, but so did Kelvin Benjamin and Sammy Watkins in their early careers. The only thing we know for sure rn is that Davante is Rodgers’ WR1 for the foreseeable future and that Brees and Big Ben won’t be in the league in a few years.

Fantasy is all about opportunity. I bet if Corey Davis were in Juju or MT’s situation instead, he’d be putting up numbers that were just as good if not better. And we know Juju and MT won’t have their current situation for much longer.
Yikes, that’s a really dangerous way to play dynasty.

Situations certainly matter hugely but situations are also hard to predict. I would much rather ride with elite talents than try to chase premium situations. “Decent” guys in great situations tend to get replaced.

This is not me saying anything about Adams’ talent btw, just picking a bone with the idea that talent doesn’t matter as much as situation.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:59 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:40 pm
ajf235 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 am

Yikes, that’s a really dangerous way to play dynasty.

Situations certainly matter hugely but situations are also hard to predict. I would much rather ride with elite talents than try to chase premium situations. “Decent” guys in great situations tend to get replaced.

This is not me saying anything about Adams’ talent btw, just picking a bone with the idea that talent doesn’t matter as much as situation.
No I get what you’re saying. In fairness, I don’t play full-on dynasty just a contract-based keeper league so my perspective is slightly skewed by that as I’m generally only looking 3 years out until they become too expensive to contract. I’m just saying Adams has done nothing to make us think he’ll be replaced. Every time he’s been given an opportunity he’s seized it and produced at a very high level.

I’m just saying there are a lot of guys who look really good early in their careers (I.e. Doug Martin) who don’t pan out and I think it’s nearly impossible to project a player’s fantasy value 3-4 years down the line.