Mock Draft 3.0 - PICKS ONLY

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Denver Broncos select CB Brandon Ghee CB WFU

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:26 am

With the 46th pick in the NFL Draft the New York Giants select Sean Lee ILB Penn State

Sean Lee is a great option for the Giants at ILB if they lose out on McClain in the first round. I wanted to pick Tyson Alualu at this point because I think he will be a very very good DT in the NFL but I can't see the Giants using two picks on the DL in the first two rounds when they have a gaping whole at ILB.

gaz29
Starter
Starter

Postby gaz29 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:42 am

New England Patriots select

Tyson Alualu, DE/DT, California

This pick is to improve the ageing pass rush.
QB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE, TE, K, DB, DB, DL, DL, LB, LB

QB: R Wilson,
RB: Elliott, Gordon, K Johnson, R Penny, Guice, I Smith
WR: Hopkins, Kupp, M Williams, MVS, Bisi Johnson, Butler, V Jefferson, Claypool
TE: Kittle, Graham, Oliver, Bryant (Cle)
K: Crosby, Rohrwasser
DB: Bates, Rapp, Flowers, Adderley
DL: Garrett, J Bosa, Josh Allen, Jonathan Allen
LB: J Smith, Hicks, R Evans, Ryan Connelly, Alexander, Barr

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Panthers Selection

Postby Scorp » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:08 am

With the 48th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select QB - Colt McCoy
Colt McCoy is the best backup available to give QB - M.Moore some competition this year to keep him competative, while I believe QB - Tim Tebow would be the best fit for their run oriented offense. The Panthers should have concerns at edge rusher with the loss of Peppers to Chicago unless Everette Brown steps up, and there's rumors of a receiver target to help out S.Smith. They were hoping backup runningback Mike Goodson could fill a need in the return game, and WR - Mardy Gilyard is a slim receiver that compares to DeSean Jackson, and would be excellent to help the team in the return game if they decide on taking a receiver. The Panthers have needs at DT,DE,QB,WR & CB, and a DE like Carlos Dunlap would be a preferred option for them if he's available.
•Other Considerations: B.LaFell, D'Anthony Smith, Tim Tebow, and Perrish Cox.

Last edited by Scorp on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

with the 49th pick the 49ers select...

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:35 am

Jon Asamoah, G, Illinois

The 49ers left guard has an injury history and this is an upgrade for their front 5.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:36 pm

With the 50th pick, the Kansas City Chiefs select Myron Rolle, Safety, Florida State.

This may be a little high for him, but Im super high on the kid, he's a top 5 talent DB and will be the smartest player on the team when he joins. Cheifs need a QB for Def, and Rolle can fill that spot ASAP. Teams fear he may not be a football guy after attending prestigious Oxford, and may not stay in the league long.

andy77725
Role Player
Role Player

Postby andy77725 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:42 pm

With the 51st pick, the Houston Texans select: Safety, Nate Allen, South Florida

DT, RB, and Interior O-line were all considerations here. I think there will still be some good DT's available in the 3rd, the O-lineman I was looking at would have been a reach, and I may be the only person who thinks so, but RB really isn't a top priority for me on Houston's draft needs.

Other considerations: RB's Dwyer and Tate, O-line J.D. Walton, DT Geno Atkins and a few others

outrage
Starter
Starter

Postby outrage » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:45 pm

With the 52th pick in the NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select: FS Chad Jones, LSU

After taking an offensive lineman in the first round, the Steelers address their other big need with the hard-hitting safety. Most of my top CB and WR targets were taken (thanks guys), so I feel this would be the best pick here.

Other considerations: WR Briscoe, WR LaFell, RB McCluster, RB Dwyer, CB Warren, QB Tebow.

gaz29
Starter
Starter

Postby gaz29 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:14 am

New England Patriots select

Vladimir Ducasse, G/OT, UMass

Can never have too much depth for the OLine to keep the Star QB on his feet
Last edited by gaz29 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:34 pm

With the 54th pick, the Cincinnati Bengals select: Morgan Burnett, FS, Georgia Tech

And the run on Safeties continues. To be honest, there were about 5 guys from 5 different positions that I considered here. From DLine to OLine to WR and even a QB who is sliding very far in this draft. But Tebow has too much character to be a fit in Cincy! :lol:

In any case, Morgan Burnett is ranked among the others that just went in the last few picks. He's got great instincts in coverage, he's a playmaker with good hands and he's not afraid of contact. From the reports I've read, he needs to wrap up his opponents a bit better. Still a solid pick in the second round.

Other considerations: Tebow or Tebow. :lol:
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:49 pm

With the 55th pick in the NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Rodger Saffold OT Indiana

The Eagles need to address safety and offensive line after their first two picks (Patrick Robinson, Carlos Dunlap). I would have preferred going safety here but Nate Allen was stolen a few picks earlier :D

gaz29
Starter
Starter

Postby gaz29 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:03 pm

Green Bay Packers selects

A.J. Jefferson, CB, Fresno State

More depth added to provide much needed help to the secondary

Entropy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Entropy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Considered: Chris Cook, Perrish Cox, Eric Decker, Brandon Spikes.

CB is the need play here, as it was in round 1, and I like Perrish Cox more that Chris Cook (who is preferred by my Ravens friend). WR is a need also because Mason is so old and Boldin is no rookie either. Decker is my favorite of the WRs left. I am told by local Ravens friends that ILB is a need, and for that reason Spikes is in play. It's less of a need than corner so I would go with Cox if not for one thing: Ozzie Newsome is the most dedicated draft-by-value GM around. I've seen this guy draft LB in years when he was 3 deep at every LB position.

I feel Spikes is the best value, so the pick is Spikes, ILB from Florida.

--Entropy ===GO SKINS===
10-team .25PPR league 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1W/T, 1W/R, 1K, 1DEF, 11 BN, 1 IR
QB: Rodgers(Gb), Ryan(Atl)
RB: Martin(Tb), Lynch(Sea), Spiller(Buf), Miller (Mia), Ingram(NO), Hyde (SF)
WR: Cobb(Gb), Crabtree(Sf), Bowe (Kc), Hartline(Mia), Shorts(Jac), Gordon(Cle), Jeffery(Chi), Hunter(Ten), Quick(StL)
TE: Eifert(Cin), Kelce(KC), Fleener(Ind), Amaro(NyJ)
K: varies
DEF: Arizona

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:43 pm

With the 58th pick in the 2010 NFL draft the Arizona Cardinals select Cam Thomas, NT, UNC

Not a sexy pick. Solid 3-4 defenses are built around the nose. This big boy has the strength to blast opposing linemen off the line. He won't wow you with his speed or stats but he will hold it down. Brian Robinson is getting old and heading into free agency next season. Time to find a capable man in the middle to protect those LBs. Some of the bigger team needs like OL, WR, TE, CB can be addressed in round 3 and 4.

Other players considered: Tebow, Gronkowski (injury scares me), Daryl Washington, Jared Veldheer, Linval Joseph and LaFell

outrage
Starter
Starter

Postby outrage » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:21 pm

With the 59th pick in the NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select: WR Brandon LaFell, LSU

Offensive tackle is probably a more pressing need, but no need to reach here. LaFell is projected to be a solid NFL starting WR, something the Cowboys can certainly use.

Other considerations: OT Jared Veldheer, RB Jonathan Dwyer