Mock Draft 2.0 - Picks Only (use other topic for discussion)

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:14 am

PICK MADE VIA PM

With the 15th selection in the NFL Draft the New York Giants (hold for applause)....select Brian Price DT UCLA

In my opinion I think the Giants will be looking to move out of this spot. They could trade up if McClain is their #1 choice, but they could also trade down. And I think that there's a good chance of that happening. Earl Thomas makes a lot of sense because of the needs they have in the secondary, but I wanted to go with a different approach. After McClain, there really isn't enough value at ILB at this spot. They could go with a DE here like Dunlap because Osi isn't happy about what happened last year. Maybe they move him, who knows. But the DLine is a need that needs to be addressed, and even though it might be a bit of a reach I can totally see them cashing in on the talented big men that are available this year. But like I said, they could trade back a few spots and let a team take a skill player or OT if one is available.

Other considerations: Earl Thomas, Carlos Dunlap, Dan Williams

PS Dan Hosler approves of this message.....
Last edited by hosler427 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:31 am

With the 16th pick, the Tennessee Titans select

Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan.

Titans need some pass rush and Fisher can't pass up on Graham's college production. Too small, too slow- no matter. Graham's gotten it done and the Senior Bowl cemented his skyrocketing status.

gaz29
Starter
Starter

Postby gaz29 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:45 am

With the 17th pick and second pick in round 1 the San Francisco 49ers select

Trent Williams OL Oaklahoma

This pick fills a glaring need for the 49ers. Some say he is a better LT than RT but this pick give the 49ers some flexibility on their OL

I didnt consider any others at this pick. I would have taken a OL whoever it was.
QB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE, TE, K, DB, DB, DL, DL, LB, LB

QB: R Wilson,
RB: Elliott, Gordon, K Johnson, R Penny, Guice, I Smith
WR: Hopkins, Kupp, M Williams, MVS, Bisi Johnson, Butler, V Jefferson, Claypool
TE: Kittle, Graham, Oliver, Bryant (Cle)
K: Crosby, Rohrwasser
DB: Bates, Rapp, Flowers, Adderley
DL: Garrett, J Bosa, Josh Allen, Jonathan Allen
LB: J Smith, Hicks, R Evans, Ryan Connelly, Alexander, Barr

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:34 pm

sorry bout that. didnt see my boy sandwiched in there at the Raiders. Nonetheless the Steelers would still be very happy with Iupati. I personally like Davis and Williams better but Steelers will like the perceived "low risk" associated with this player.

That 1st round lineman has been coming for awhile imo and Steelers will seize the moment.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:29 pm

with the 19th selection of the nfl draft the atlanta falcons select RB Jhavid Best University of California

shocker of the draft, but the falcons will let norwood leave via FA, and need a running back to be behind turner... other choices here were sergio kindle, who has really come on as of late...

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:52 pm

With the 20th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select:

Earl Thomas, CB/S, Texas

It's no secret the Texans need help in the defensive backfield, with only Dunta Robinson and Pollard players with a chance to stick with the team in 2010. Earl Thomas provides a Cornerback (opposite Robinson) and/or Free Safety (opposite Pollard). Some publications have Thomas as the #2 rated corner in the nation and there is no question he's one of the potentially elite Safeties in this class. The Texans are thrilled to land help where they really needed it and should please the fans with the well-regarded former All-American Texas Longhorn.

A hard hitter with a knack for interceptions, Thomas started all 27 games of his college career, finishing with 149 tackles, and 10 interceptions. His two interception returns for touchdowns this season also set a school record.

Others considered: DT was a need, but nobody deserving was left at this spot. Also considered Kyle Wilson but even with the hype he's gotten recently, I'm still not yet convinced he is top-20 material. RB was also a consideration.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:03 am

With the 21st pick in the NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select...Jermaine Gresham, TE, OU.

I think Taylor Mays may be the pick here, but Coach Lewis will continue to put playmakers around Carson Palmer.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:16 am

With the 22nd pic the New England Patriots select Sergio Kindle

The heart of the Pats Def is their Linebackers, and that heart is old. Here they get a young talented playmaker to fill one of their biggest needs. This was the only guy I was thinking here.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Packers

Postby bigcsr67 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:34 pm

With the 23rd pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.... The Green Bay Packers select... Charles Brown, OT, USC

The Pack is in desperate need of offensive tackles, and the athletic Brown is a good fit for the type of offense the Packers run. No brainer to pick an O-lineman, also considered Bruce Campbell.

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Eagles

Postby Phish Brigade » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:59 pm

With the 24th pick of the draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select: Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri

The Eagles have the luxury of going with the BPA approach in the first round. They are contenders right now, and they continue to add good players year in and year out through the draft. They are deep at QB and WR and they don't have any huge needs that would force them to reach for a guy. The one area that they could have used a little more depth is at LB. Stewart Bradley's injury was a big loss. But getting him back while adding a player like Weatherspoon will help get the defense flying again. And if Will Witherspoon returns, they'll only be two forks and a knife away from having everything you need in a picnic basket. :lol:

Other players considered: Sergio Kindle ( until a few picks ago ) and Everson Griffin
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:37 am

with the 25th selection in the nfl draft the Baltimore Ravens select Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech

i see him having a fantastic combine, and a WR needy team needs a big target who can be their #1...

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:12 am

With the 26th pick in the NFL draft, the Arizona Cardinals select ..........................

Taylor Mays, Safety from USC

The Cards are absolutely thrilled to have Mays fall to them in the late 1st round, they weren't expecting this at all. The Cards Defense was exploited big time last year in the playoffs after getting lit up by the Saints and the Packers, and Mays provides a big time playmaker for their struggling defense. While some project a possible positon change for Mays in the NFL to Linebacker, the Cards are simply happy to have him start somewhere on their defense. The Cards still need to address more defensive needs and now possibly a need at Quarterback, but Mays gives them a big piece of the puzzle towards fixing their defense.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cowboys85 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:43 pm

With the 27th pick of the NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select: Bruce Campbell OT Maryland

After getting decimated by the Vikings D-line when Flozell Adams went out in the playoffs, it's clear Dallas needs a LT for the future. Campbell has the size and strength to be a prototypical LT in the NFL. He's a little raw, but the Cowboys can afford this with Flozell Adams signed til 2013 (:evil:).

Also considered: Brandon Spikes LB Florida, Daryl Washington LB TCU, Jason Fox OT Miami
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

The San Diego Chargers Select...

Postby GridIronFavre » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:57 pm

With their first round pick, the San Diego Chargers select: RB Jonathan Dwyer (Georgia Tech)

Frankly no one else was considered here with the players that are left on the board right now. If Jahvid Best were still here, it then would have been a debate on who the Chargers should have selected. I see it being one of those two and not Ryan Matthews.

Dwyer should fill the hole left behind by the upcoming departure of LT and can be complemented by Darren Sproles, assuming he is resigned. The Chargers have to add a RB early in this draft to re-establish their ground game.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:28 pm

With the 29th pick, the New York Jets select...Jerry Hughes, LB/DE, Texas Christian University

Hughes is made-to-order for the Jets 3-4 defense. He is a relentless, explosive pass-rusher with a high-motor.

Others considered: Jared Odrick, Ricky Sapp, Patrick Robinson, Brandon LaFell, Damian Williams and Arrelious Benn