---------- ========== DON'T GET SCAMMED! ========== ----------

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

---------- ========== DON'T GET SCAMMED! ========== ----------

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:42 am

I'm noticing an uptick in volume of scammers, so here's something helpful.

===================================================================

Make sure the league you are interested in joining exists and has existed for at least one year. (If it's a startup, keep reading.)

Make sure the person you're talking to is the actual commissioner of the league they are advertising for. I've seen users pretend to be the commissioner of a league they aren't even a part of, but link it like it's their own. You can make them prove it, if need be, by making them post a message as the commissioner on the league message board or chat. Or maybe they have proof in the form of recruitment a season ago. Or find an owner in the league and talk to them. etc.

Be wary joining any league that doesn't use a reputable site to handle money like leaguesafe.

HEADS UP: I'm starting to read about people who create 20 fake email addresses and then join leaguesafe using all of them. You give $100 to leaguesafe, as does 11-13 other unsuspecting owners, and then when it comes time for payouts, the person who owns 20 fake email addresses votes for himself all 20 times and then abandons the league. This leads me to the next item...

RESEARCH THEIR USERNAME & EMAIL ADDRESS

Someone who wants to scam doesn't have the time to talk football 24/7/365. If they are a prominent user on this forum over the course of several years, for example, then they are most likely legit.

Someone who is scamming others will spend all of their time scamming on several websites. If you Google a user and the only thing that comes back is someone asking for money, avoid at all costs.

Have something helpful to add? Reply with it below. We need to look out for each other.

====================================================================

SCAMMER AD: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=188175
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: ---------- ========== DON'T GET SCAMMED! ========== ----------

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:48 am

Below is a scammer advertisement, caught by TheNuts, with links for proof.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=186353

BE CAREFUL WHO YOU GIVE YOUR MONEY TO.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:12 pm

Thank you for posting I was thinking about one of those leagues but it looked very suspicious from the get go and I refused to send money. I did see he had already gotten 3 people for $200 each very unfortunate.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:02 am

Great work here gents. Sorry to anyone who lost money to this bleep clown. That's frustrating.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

megager
Role Player
Role Player

Postby megager » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:27 am

Wow, I'd never have realised that was a scam. Good work guys.
Pay in was a bit high for me but I was looking at it as interested in joining another league

MeandJulio
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MeandJulio » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:20 am

Thanks for the taking the time out of your day to help out fellow dynasty lovers.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:24 am

good advice, good post
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Another scammers ad found. Good job on our forum user (who was that?) who emailed me. Well done.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:02 am

Another scammer found out. Vikings222. Kudos to heyfeefellskee for finding this one.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=203441
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=204736

I googled his username and email. He was advertising at 12 other websites and forums. I contacted the admin at each forum and explained that he needs to be banned asap. I contacted venmo and the gmail team to explain that their services were being used to scam people.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Wigwam7
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Wigwam7 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:08 pm

Thanks for the heads up!
I'm steal confused how they are able to steal money from a company called League Safe?
Guess I don't have a crimminal enough mind.

But don't hate on all Dynasty Startup... I have a few and have commissioned for a league with the same league settings for 3 years. This year will be 4. And I'm about to post one... but both leagues are done through Yahoo (so I guess funds are more safe)?

Just cause its a Dynasty Starup doesn't AUTO mean its fake or not legit. Just sayin.
I'm about to post 1 FREE Yahoo T10-league; and 1 $35 Yahoo T10-league.
Both year 1, but like I said, 3 years of experience in the league type and 1 book on Kindle.

Scammer suck man! :wtf:

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:02 pm

ANOTHER SCAMMER FOUND: Jport555

The email posted on these forums correspond to all of his scammer posts from 2020 and 2019.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=198178&p=1815714#p1815714

THANK YOU Calatin FOR CATCHING A SCAMMER!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Calatin
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Calatin » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:13 pm

He straight stole $150 from me.

He made a fake league with ghost owners, posted, I answered like a dumb bleep, I paid, he deleted league & ran off with money.
All of this happened on the same day in about 2 or 3 hours.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=211608&p=1959323&h ... 2#p1959323

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:19 pm

scammer found. GJ jaysun924 for pointing this out.

xbholmes7 is a confirmed scammer.

xbholmes asked new users to pay via cashapp, which is a huge red flag. After some investigative work, I was able to confirm he is scamming people.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=217856
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Calatin
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Calatin » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:43 am

He is using the handles xbholmes7, Bholmes7, Tattoo99 on various boards.

e-mails he is using:
xbholmes7@gmail.com
brettholmes0077@gmail.com