**Need ONE** Recruiting for NEW (and FREE) ESPN Startup; 20 team, HUGE Rosters, IDP..

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

**Need ONE** Recruiting for NEW (and FREE) ESPN Startup; 20 team, HUGE Rosters, IDP..

Postby Phaded » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:18 pm

Hey everyone,

I am recruiting for a new league I am starting.

Small bit about me - I only play on ESPN and I am only in two other leagues; both of which I commish. One league is entering the 8th year and one league is entering the 5th year. So, you know I'm reliable and you know I'll stick around.

Some members of the DLF community are in my leagues and some of them know me well.

That said - I am opening recruiting for this brand new league.

If I am not familiar with you or you are not an established DLF member; please be prepared to tell me a bit about yourself and potentially provide links to leagues you are a part of (preferably ESPN; but any platform is okay).

If you are interested; please either respond to this thread or PM me.

Any questions can be fielded either here or via PM.

League bylaws can be found below:
- 40 player rosters (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1DT, 2DE, 3LB, 3DB, 1DP, 21BENCH) + 4 IR Spots
- This is a 20 team league
- Free Agent Auction Bidding ($100 yearly budget)
- Decimal scoring, PPR, IDP scoring is focused around big plays
- Purposefully tanking will not be tolerated, you will receive one warning if it appears you are tanking, if you continue to purposefully tank, it will result in removal from the league
- For both an anti tanking measure and for a competitive interest measure, the LM reserves the right to and may remove players from a starting lineup and replace them with a suitable option if the owner of the team has not done so

TRADING

- Trade deadline will be prior to the start of week 12, trading will open again after the championship game
- Trades will automatically be put through with no review period, however if a trade appears to involve collusion, the league manager reserves the right to step in and reverse the trade
- If an owner feels a trade is collusive, you have 48 hours from the trade completion to notify the league manager, who will then investigate and make a ruling
- You may trade future draft picks, however similar to the actual draft process, both owners will have to post on the league message board to confirm

FREE AGENCY/WAIVERS

- You will have $100 yearly budget
- All players who are not on a roster will be eligible for FAAB
- Players not yet in the ESPN database cannot be added via Free Agency
- Bidding will close every Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
- Your free agent budget will not carry over year-to-year and will reset to $100 after completion of the annual Rookie Draft
- Free agency/waivers will close after the championship game and will not open again until after the Rookie Draft

ANNUAL ROOKIE DRAFT

- The draft date will start at some point shortly after the NFL Draft each year
- The draft will be five rounds
- The draft order will not be a snake draft, it will be four rounds of worst-to-first
- You may select any player that is either a free agent or a rookie
- You may trade your rookie draft picks at any point
- Similar to the initial draft, this draft will not be a live draft and will take place on the league message board
- You do not have to use all of your rookie picks if you choose not to, if you would like to forfeit your pick simply say "Pass" when you are on the clock and your draft will be over
- You must drop a player from your active roster when you make your pick to make room for the new player
- You may draft a player who is not in the ESPN database yet, however you must reserve an empty bench spot to him, failure to do so will result in losing rights to the player
- There will be a time clock of 14 hours per pick, if your pick is missed we will automatically move to the next person (the missed pick can pick at any time)

SCHEDULE/PLAYOFFS/STANDINGS

- This will be a 13-week season, followed by 3 weeks of playoffs
- You will play teams within your divison twice (for 8 of your total games; at the beginning and end of the regular season), your other 5 games will be randomly selected
- The winner of each division (4 divisions) will make the playoffs
- There will be four wildcard teams to make the playoffs, these will be the teams with the best overall records outside of division champions
- Tiebreaker for tied overall records is determined by Points For (for playoff seeding and regular season standings)
- Home teams in the playoffs will receive a +5 home field advantage, to add actual meaning to playoff seeding

**Any changes to the Rules will require a majority decision (everyone agrees) and will only be processed during the off-season**
Cheers.
Last edited by Phaded on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Recruiting for NEW (and FREE) ESPN Startup; 20 team, HUGE Rosters, IDP..

Postby Phaded » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:34 pm

17 spots remaining.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Recruiting for NEW (and FREE) ESPN Startup; "20" team, HUGE Rosters, IDP..

Postby Phaded » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:36 am

Not a ton of interest yet - some feedback that 20 is a lot of teams.
If 20 does not garner a lot of interest, will look into dropping - possibility to 16 or 14.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:48 pm

I personally think 20 is doable - however it may be hard down the road to attract owners to orphans. My 20 team league actually just downsized to 18 teams because of (a) an inability to fill orphans easily and (b) owners who were unable to keep from totally ruining their franchises - which the larger the league size the easier to do due how spread out the talent gets. Personally I think it makes for an interesting challenge.

The only reason I am not signing up is because I am unimpressed with ESPN 2019 "upgrade" so I do not want to add more ESPN leagues. I am waiting to give them the benefit of the doubt - but I am not liking the 2019 interfere at all so far. Had you started this last year or if I had divested myself of one of my other ESPN leagues (maybe I will drop one next year) it would be a different story. Obviously I know and can vouch for you as a Commish though. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:56 am

Thanks for the input Arryl!

I am hoping the free nature makes it easier to fill any potential orphans down the line as there is not a financial commit and it is more for the "fun" of it - but I'll cross that bridge if/when I get there.

I too am not a big believer of the ESPN "upgrade"; however from what they have communicated to me they are still revising it, so we will see. I primarily use ESPN through the APP - so it's more the functionality concerns I have as a commish.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:43 pm

Slowly but surely filling..

13 spots left.

Awesomedude1094
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Awesomedude1094 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:17 pm

I'm interested my email is awesomedude1094@yahoo.com

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:26 pm

I may be interested but have a few questions. Posting them here in case others wonder the same things (plus it gives you a free bump!).

1) Is the start up draft snake? Any reversals or anything else non-"standard"?
2) Are you allowing trading of picks during the start up?
3) Including rookies in the start up?
4) For waivers, are $0 bids going to be allowed?

Thanks!
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Crwdstunna
Captain
Captain

Postby Crwdstunna » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:50 pm

10 Team PPR Dynasty League (1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex) 2018 Champ
QB: B Mayfield- D Brees- M Mariota RB: A Kamara- M Ingram- Du Johnson- C Hyde- M Lynch- A Peterson- G Edwards- L Murray- C Warren WR: A Brown- D Hopkins- T Boyd- A Jeffery- S Shepard- N Agholor- D Moncrief- L Fitzgerald- M Goodwin TE: OJ Howard- D Goedert
16 Team PPR Dynasty League (1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE)
QB: B Roethlisberger- C Keenum RB: Da Johnson- P Lindsay- J White- F Gore WR: A Thielen- C Kupp- K Golladay- C Sutton- A Miller- Tr Smith TE: OJ Howard- D Goerdert- C Herndon- A Hooper

12 Team PPR Dynasty League (2QB 2RB 2WR 2TE 3FLEX)
QB: C Newton- M Mariota- M Trubisky RB: S Barkley- J Mixon- C McCaffrey- N Hines- C Clement- C Carson WR: S Watkins- J Landry- S Diggs- C Godwin- M Williams- M Lee- K Golladay TE: R Gronkowski- D Njoku- G Kittle- E Ebron

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:45 am

Ruggenater wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:26 pm I may be interested but have a few questions. Posting them here in case others wonder the same things (plus it gives you a free bump!).

1) Is the start up draft snake? Any reversals or anything else non-"standard"?
2) Are you allowing trading of picks during the start up?
3) Including rookies in the start up?
4) For waivers, are $0 bids going to be allowed?

Thanks!
Hey Ruggenator,

Thanks for the questions.
(and thanks for the bump!)
:D

1) It will be a standard snake draft
2) Trading will happen in the start up if you like
3) Depending when we start (when league fills), I will either have the rookies OR you draft the pick and the rookie draft will be shortl after completion of this draft
4) $1 bids will be the minimum

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 am

Only 4 spots left.

Gmjiffy002
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Recruiting for NEW (and FREE) ESi want in cdale3246@gmail.com plz PN Startup; "20" team, HUGE Rosters, IDP..

Postby Gmjiffy002 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:46 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 am Only 4 spots left.
i want in cdale3246@gmail.com

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:39 am

League full.
Thank you for all of your interest.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: [FULL] Recruiting for NEW (and FREE) ESPN Startup; "20" team, HUGE Rosters, IDP..

Postby Phaded » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:01 pm

Someone has pulled out - they have 1.18 in the startup draft.
If you are interested please let me know ASAP via PM.