FILLED - 3 Orphans Available for In-Depth 16 Tm IDP SalCap League trying to replicate the NFL Owner/GM Experience

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
sportstalkryan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

FILLED - 3 Orphans Available for In-Depth 16 Tm IDP SalCap League trying to replicate the NFL Owner/GM Experience

Postby sportstalkryan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:48 am

I've been a Commish for 30 years. For the last 20 I've created leagues that try to replicate the NFL GM experience. Last year I designed a league that would add the NFL Owner experience as well, the Football Oligarchs League, https://www75.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/46107#0. After the first season, I think the setup and rules worked spectacularly well. We have 11 really strong and dedicated owners, and 5 owners who were overwhelmed by the rules and time demands of this league. 1 of them is going to give it another try, and another is on the fence and has been given a deadline but I'm assuming will not return. That leaves 3-4 open teams, and we will have a dispersal draft.

This league contains:
• 55 player roster with both active backup players contributing 25% points to total score, and inactive players (again, trying to replicate the NFL here)
• Kickers, Punters, and O-Line (though those positions score less than the others). (If it's in the game, it's in my game)
• Dynamic scoring for QBs with high penalties for turnovers and other bad plays. This increases the point spread between good QBs and bad QBs, making the position incredibly valuable even though it's a start 1 QB league (also, you're allowed 1 backup QB contributing 25% pts to score, and with 16 teams, position scarcity also ups QB values).
• Player scoring that is evened out across all positions with elite players among overall leaders (but with QBs above all) so you can build a team many ways.
• We use Interior Defensive Linemen (DI), Edge Players (EDR), and Stack LBs (LB), with PFF as neutral source. This way, players with same responsibilities are scored together, and you don't have to worry about whether Mack or Von Miller will be a DE or OLB. (MFL does not support these positions, so I manually change them so that DI=DT, EDR=DE, and LB=LB. No position changes take place once the season starts).
• 16 Teams, 4 Divisions; top 8 teams make playoffs with variable HFA to higher seeded teams, rewarding them for reg season dominance
• Victory Points to lessen luck involved
• $50 yearly fee, covers MFL fees.
• Half prizes for on-field performance, and half for Profit/Loss (this is the NFL Owner side; winning helps bring in more revenue, but signing that high priced free agent with the huge signing bonus hurts the bottom line).
• The ability to restructure contracts to front or back load them.
• Franchise Tag, Transition Tag, Exclusive rights free agents, Restricted free agents, contract extensions, and more.
• 7 round rookie draft, with top overall pick determined by Toilet Bowl tournament.
• GroupMe for league chat
• Beginning this year, team owners begin the Stadium game, where they can renovate their existing stadium, or begin construction on a new stadium, that will increase future revenue but will cost big bucks now. Do you make that investment, or put it off to maximize your current year profits?

I'm looking for truly fanatical owners that want the challenge of running a franchise as if you're an actual NFL GM & Owner, and want to be active almost year round (league year begins in March). You should plan on this being one of your main leagues, simply due to the time demands of managing this team.

Reply or Drop me a personal message if you're interested or have questions.
https://www75.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/46107#0
Commish of 4 leagues. Prefer full roster, IDP, salary cap, contract leagues designed to replicate the NFL GM experience as much as possible. Because THAT'S the fantasy.

sportstalkryan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: FILLED - 3 Orphans Available for In-Depth 16 Tm IDP SalCap League trying to replicate the NFL Owner/GM Experience

Postby sportstalkryan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:52 pm

Got my replacement owners. Thanks everyone!
Commish of 4 leagues. Prefer full roster, IDP, salary cap, contract leagues designed to replicate the NFL GM experience as much as possible. Because THAT'S the fantasy.