$100 Startup IDP League w/ initial Auction - FILLED

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
sportstalkryan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

$100 Startup IDP League w/ initial Auction - FILLED

Postby sportstalkryan » Sat May 14, 2016 2:07 pm

I'm an experienced commish with a core group of competitive owners looking to form the ultimate dynasty league.

$100 annual dues with part of the money reserved for multi-year awards to promote long-term commitment.

We'll have at least 14, but ideally 16, teams. A sophisticated scoring system designed to reflect a player's true value to his team based partly on TE-premium and IDP Big Play scoring rules.

We'll do an auction for the initial player distribution. After that it will be rookie drafts and in-season pickups.

Are you ready to test yourself against the best?

Email earlyr@gmail.com if interested.

*** All filled. Thanks DLF! ***
Last edited by sportstalkryan on Thu May 19, 2016 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Commish of 4 leagues. Prefer full roster, IDP, salary cap, contract leagues designed to replicate the NFL GM experience as much as possible. Because THAT'S the fantasy.

sportstalkryan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: $100 Startup IDP League w/ initial Auction

Postby sportstalkryan » Wed May 18, 2016 7:03 am

I've got 15 owners. Just need 1 more. Other features of the league include Victory Points to diminish luck, division rivalry building, and a scoring system that includes points for First Downs (emphasizing them over receptions as a truer reflection of on-field importance) and negative points for penalties (tracked for the first time this year by MFL!).

I've received some pushback from potential owners against having an auction for the initial player distribution. I've had a LOT of experience with player auctions and vastly prefer them to drafts. In an auction, every team has an equal opportunity to obtain every player. In a draft, by sheer random chance, someone gets the option of taking the best player, say Beckham, or trading away the option in a likely overpay and keeping the excess value to themselves. In an auction, someone likely overpays to get Beckham, but the benefit is distributed evenly to all other teams in the form of lower bidding on all other players by the team that overpaid. We'll do a slow auction where teams can nominate one player each every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with a 24-hour timer that resets each time a new team becomes the high bidder (but NOT for a new high bid).
Commish of 4 leagues. Prefer full roster, IDP, salary cap, contract leagues designed to replicate the NFL GM experience as much as possible. Because THAT'S the fantasy.