Episode #01 June 27th 2012

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Episode #01 June 27th 2012

Postby tstafford » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:43 am

dskarin wrote:Is it available on iTunes? Or am I missing something?

I am very excited about the show! Keep up the good work!
I think it takes a while to get a new show approved on iTunes.

knuckles50
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby knuckles50 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:43 pm

Nice job guys, this is a great addition to the site.
Team 1
12 team, 1/2 ppr 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wr, 1 flex, 1 te
QBs-Brees,Luck,Bridgewater
RBs- LeVeon,Ingram,R. Freeman,Thompson,Riddick,Conner,Walton,J. Jackson,Dixon
WRs- Evans,A Rob,Parker,Hurns,Sutton,Pettis,Moncrief,Treadwell,Sanu,Tavon,Dorsett,Carroo
TEs- Gronk,Kittle,Butt

Team 2
12 team 1 qb, 2rbs,v 3wrs, 1te
Qbs- Brees,Cam,Cousins,Jackson
Rbs- Gurley,Zeke,Kamara,McCaffery,Hunt,Shady
Wrs-A. Brown,Evans,C. Davis,Watkins,Goodwin,Woods,Washington,Treadwell,Jordy
Te- Gronk,Kittle,ASJ

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:17 pm

FYI. It's now showing up on iTunes.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Here's the link for it in iTunes: http://bit.ly/dlfpod_itunes
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:23 pm

I listen to a lot of football podcasts, but the one which filled a lot of my time, thanks to its heavy release schedule, had become so annoying i can't listen anymore: the schtick of the radio DJ come podcast presenter, endless side 'jokes', and a heavy dose of arrogance became too much, even if it appears well regarded. I mention this to illustrate why the DLF podcast is a godsend: pure dynasty football talk, ranging from the technique of dynasty league success to the prospects of players, with no sideshows or ego. My only complaint is it looks like being fortnightly, which is fair enough for the offseason, but I hope you'll be adding more in the regular season if, as I honestly hope, you prove popular.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:01 pm

MonkeyOne wrote:I listen to a lot of football podcasts, but the one which filled a lot of my time, thanks to its heavy release schedule, had become so annoying i can't listen anymore: the schtick of the radio DJ come podcast presenter, endless side 'jokes', and a heavy dose of arrogance became too much, even if it appears well regarded. I mention this to illustrate why the DLF podcast is a godsend: pure dynasty football talk, ranging from the technique of dynasty league success to the prospects of players, with no sideshows or ego. My only complaint is it looks like being fortnightly, which is fair enough for the offseason, but I hope you'll be adding more in the regular season if, as I honestly hope, you prove popular.
Thank you very much. The only reason we are skipping next week is July 4th. We'll be here weekly for most of the year.

knuckles50
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby knuckles50 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:31 pm

MonkeyOne wrote:I listen to a lot of football podcasts, but the one which filled a lot of my time, thanks to its heavy release schedule, had become so annoying i can't listen anymore: the schtick of the radio DJ come podcast presenter, endless side 'jokes', and a heavy dose of arrogance became too much, even if it appears well regarded. I mention this to illustrate why the DLF podcast is a godsend: pure dynasty football talk, ranging from the technique of dynasty league success to the prospects of players, with no sideshows or ego. My only complaint is it looks like being fortnightly, which is fair enough for the offseason, but I hope you'll be adding more in the regular season if, as I honestly hope, you prove popular.
I am in total agreement with what you say. That "other show", though it provides great info, is quickly becoming unlistenable mostly due to the host. It bodes well for DFL that you stick to the football talk, because that is what we all want.
Team 1
12 team, 1/2 ppr 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wr, 1 flex, 1 te
QBs-Brees,Luck,Bridgewater
RBs- LeVeon,Ingram,R. Freeman,Thompson,Riddick,Conner,Walton,J. Jackson,Dixon
WRs- Evans,A Rob,Parker,Hurns,Sutton,Pettis,Moncrief,Treadwell,Sanu,Tavon,Dorsett,Carroo
TEs- Gronk,Kittle,Butt

Team 2
12 team 1 qb, 2rbs,v 3wrs, 1te
Qbs- Brees,Cam,Cousins,Jackson
Rbs- Gurley,Zeke,Kamara,McCaffery,Hunt,Shady
Wrs-A. Brown,Evans,C. Davis,Watkins,Goodwin,Woods,Washington,Treadwell,Jordy
Te- Gronk,Kittle,ASJ

AK49
Captain
Captain

Postby AK49 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:12 am

love the podcast. Downloaded it off Itunes. Good Work! Keep it up.
I listen to several other fantasy football podcasts.
I like the format and content. You guys have a good back and forth.
My only recommendation is shorting the intro song.
We want to hear you guys talk dynasty football, not some random song for an entire minute.
Just my .02
12 Team PPR TE Premium
(1) QB Stafford, Cutler
(1-3)RB: CJ Spiller, F Jax, Mathews, Latavius
(2-4)WR: AJ Green, C. Patterson, Alshon Jeffery, M. Floyd, J. Blackmon, M. Wheaton, M. Brown
(0-2)TE: Julius Thomas, Ladarius Green, K. Rudolph

rlwomack
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rlwomack » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Somewhat new to dynasties. Aboslutely love the content. Loved the idea of using ADP with trades. My only thing was it seemed a few times when TIm got ready to speak, there was some sort of feedback or something for a second that ramped up the volume. It happened 3-4 times when I was listening. Scared the bejesus out of me when it would do it. Was wondering if that was a BTR issue or what?

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:00 am

All,

We're going live again on Wednesday at 9 pm ET. Join us or download from iTunes.

Thanks.
Tim

xGUACAMOLEx
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xGUACAMOLEx » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:46 pm

rlwomack wrote:Somewhat new to dynasties. Aboslutely love the content. Loved the idea of using ADP with trades. My only thing was it seemed a few times when TIm got ready to speak, there was some sort of feedback or something for a second that ramped up the volume. It happened 3-4 times when I was listening. Scared the bejesus out of me when it would do it. Was wondering if that was a BTR issue or what?
I had the same thing happen to me. I listen to them in my car and I almost died the first couple times it happened. Incredibly alarming!

zounder
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zounder » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:34 pm

xGUACAMOLEx wrote:
rlwomack wrote:Somewhat new to dynasties. Aboslutely love the content. Loved the idea of using ADP with trades. My only thing was it seemed a few times when TIm got ready to speak, there was some sort of feedback or something for a second that ramped up the volume. It happened 3-4 times when I was listening. Scared the bejesus out of me when it would do it. Was wondering if that was a BTR issue or what?
I had the same thing happen to me. I listen to them in my car and I almost died the first couple times it happened. Incredibly alarming!
Thirding this. (I was in the car as well!) The podcast is awesome in every other way, though, just providing feedback here.

Excellent job and I appreciate the effort, as always. :D
-Nick Canzanese
@FF_NickCanz

FF_Magz
Captain
Captain

Postby FF_Magz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:34 am

Zounder wrote:
xGUACAMOLEx wrote:
Thirding this. (I was in the car as well!) The podcast is awesome in every other way, though, just providing feedback here.

Excellent job and I appreciate the effort, as always. :D
THIS!!! I nearly jumped out of my chair. My wife asked me if I had a seizure.
Team 1 (Victory Points) - 12 Team, PPR - Start 9 1QB, 2-3RB, 2-4WR, 1-2TE, D/ST
QB: Jackson, Goff, Mac Jones,
RB: Montgomery, Gordon, Gallman, Mack, J. Patterson, K. Herbert, S. Perine, Juszczyk,;
WR: Hill, Jefferson, Metcalf, Renfrow, Tyrell Williams, K. Cole, D. Harris, Callaway , T. Patrick, F. Swain;
TE: Jonnu, Engram, Alie-Cox, Juwan Johnson;
2022: 1 (Mid), 1 (Late), 2, 4, 5
Championship: 2020