Questions for the Mods

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Questions for the Mods

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:03 pm

As we head into the off-season portion of the dynasty season, I’d like to express my appreciation for the great work that ArrylT and MeuRah (DLF Mike) are doing here. They have been keeping the peace, stoking discussions and doing a fantastic job of moving/deleting mis-placed threads.

:clap:

In addition to the kudos, I’d like to take the opportunity to ask both of them a few questions:

1) How much coordination occurs between the mods?
2) Do you play in shared leagues? Do you play in any “industry insider” leagues?
3) Why did ArrylT keep his forum name, while MeuRah changed it?
4) How much time do you spend daily on moderation?
5) Do you have access to website and sub-forum analytics?

:thumbup:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Questions for the Mods

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:07 pm

I'll add one. How much time is it going to take you to answer COD's inane questions? :lol: :wink:

In all seriousness, though. I agree. Thanks.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Questions for the Mods

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:52 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:03 pm As we head into the off-season portion of the dynasty season, I’d like to express my appreciation for the great work that ArrylT and MeuRah (DLF Mike) are doing here. They have been keeping the peace, stoking discussions and doing a fantastic job of moving/deleting mis-placed threads.

:clap:

In addition to the kudos, I’d like to take the opportunity to ask both of them a few questions:

1) How much coordination occurs between the mods?
2) Do you play in shared leagues? Do you play in any “industry insider” leagues?
3) Why did ArrylT keep his forum name, while MeuRah changed it?
4) How much time do you spend daily on moderation?
5) Do you have access to website and sub-forum analytics?

:thumbup:
I can only speak to/for myself but the answer to #3 is pretty simple or so I believe.

Meurah now writes for DLF, and I believe all DLF Writers are required to have a DLF handle. Those of you who are/were premium are aware of the premium forums so you'll see DLF Writers answering questions in these forums - I can only assume that is one of the main reason why DLF Writers are required to have a DLF added to their name, so that the other Writers know when they've responded to questions. Why it is DLF_MikeH vs. DLF_Meurah, I am not sure (since Jules was DLF_Jules even though his DLF articles were under Brian M).

I on the other hand do not work for DLF. As such I do not have (or need) a DLF designation. If say Goddard was to become a moderator, then he would not become DLF_Goddard (unless he also started writing articles).

Anyways thanks for the comments - and there are other moderators & admin besides the 2 of us that you mentioned - they are just more low key - and deserve as much or more credit. In turn I would like to thank each and everyone of you that takes the time to report when you see a forum issue. Whether it is spam or other forum problems, your assistance makes it a lot easier. There have been I believe 1.75 to 2 million posts made on the DLF Forums & you all know the expression finding a needle in the haystack. So spotting the needle and letting a moderator/admin know of its existence is very helpful.

In answer to #1 - there is a admin /moderator only forum.

I'll leave other moderators to answer the other questions as they see fit. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..