The DLF Dynasty Trade Analyzer

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Re: The DLF Dynasty Trade Analyzer

Postby esloan35 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:22 pm

Amazing job with this tool. Thank you l!

#1BucsFan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby #1BucsFan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:08 pm

Really love this tool as a reference when making trades, especially the superflex toggle. Just out of curiosity, when will devy and IDP players be implemented? I'm sure IDP will take a ton of work as their is no standard scoring method. Thank you and I love the site!
A League of Ice and Fire (Half-PPR, SF, IDP, 12 Teams)
IDP scoring = T (1.5), A (0.75) S/FF/FR (4), TFL (2), PD (1.5), INT (6), SAFETY (10), BLOCK (6), 1 POINT PER 25 RETURN YARDS

QB: Mahomes, Luck, Stafford
RB: Carson, Bell, Lamar Miller, Dion Lewis, Ito Smith, David Johnson, Sony Michel, Brian Hill
WR: Keenan Allen, Cooks, Allen Robinson, Corey Davis, Hakeem Butler, Albert Wilson, Kenny Stills, John Brown, Taylor Gabriel, Keesean Johnson, Alex Erickson
TE: Waller, Jonnu Smith, Ryan Griffin, Darren Fells
DL: Joey Bosa, Danielle Hunter,Barnett, Ngakoue
LB: Kwon, Jordan Hicks, Zach Cunningham, Neville Hewitt
DB: Keanu Neal, Budda Baker, Amos
Taxi: Travis Homer, DaMarkus Lodge, Caleb Wilson, David Sills
Picks 2020: 4.4, 5.4, 5.5
Picks 2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th , 5th

Campus to Canton

QB: Watson, Cousins, Bortlers, RG3, Mariota
RB: Michel, Damien Williams,
WR: Adams, Golladay, Corey Davis, Robinson,
TE: Kittle,
Taxi:
Devy:

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:30 am

Thanks guys, we are continuing work on a list of additional features, including IDP and Devy. Yes, those two are especially tricky as valuation of those players is quite problematic. But we're working on it. No ETA yet though. Thanks so much for the feedback, genuinely appreciated!

what000111
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby what000111 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:23 am

I was wondering if you could help me better understand the Trade Analyzer?
When I input what Team A is trading (Round 1.10 & Round 2.01) picks valued
at 411.9 and Team B is trading (Round 1.01 & Round 3.01) picks valued at
528.8; it appears that Team B is giving up more value BUT when I look lower
at the "Feedback" it says "There is a calculated difference of 117.0
(22.1%) in your trade in favor of Team B." it says the trade favors Team B
even though it appears Team B is giving up more value. I'm confused

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:16 am

That statement is basically saying that Team B is giving up more value. The rest of the comment states "Here are some suggestions to add to Team A to help even up the trade" which should help clarify the point trying to be made there. We can look at tweaking that language a bit. I hope that helps? Thanks!

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:15 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:30 am Thanks guys, we are continuing work on a list of additional features, including IDP and Devy. Yes, those two are especially tricky as valuation of those players is quite problematic. But we're working on it. No ETA yet though. Thanks so much for the feedback, genuinely appreciated!
even just adding a box to check for devy depletion to change the valuation of picks would be huge
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:53 am

Great job with this new tool! Couple of questions:

What was the reasoning behind making future draft picks worth less in Superflex league? It seems to me those picks should be more valuable since QBs get taken early.

Also, why do players value drop so much when changed from Non SF to SF? For example, Calvin Ridley has a value of like 385 in non SF but only 275 in SF. I get that these players may be ranked slightly lower (Ridley is actually ranked the same 53 vs 56) due to QBs getting a bump, but shouldn't the non QB players be valued roughly the same while the QBs get a bump up.

LeBronJames
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby LeBronJames » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:50 pm

Dope. Can't have too many trade analyzers out there for dynasty, that's for sure.

Under The Bridge
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Under The Bridge » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:09 pm

JD Austin wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:27 pm Wish I had this a few weeks ago.

:(
lol, I feel like there is a story here, so please share if that's the case.

We won't judge. :wink: :lol:

jonesmaster
Starter
Starter

Postby jonesmaster » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:07 pm

jomaed wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:53 am Great job with this new tool! Couple of questions:

What was the reasoning behind making future draft picks worth less in Superflex league? It seems to me those picks should be more valuable since QBs get taken early.

Also, why do players value drop so much when changed from Non SF to SF? For example, Calvin Ridley has a value of like 385 in non SF but only 275 in SF. I get that these players may be ranked slightly lower (Ridley is actually ranked the same 53 vs 56) due to QBs getting a bump, but shouldn't the non QB players be valued roughly the same while the QBs get a bump up.
I also want to understand the value of picks because i agree with your assessment that they should be more valuable in SF if anything. But in regards to the second part, my understanding is that this reflects differences in rankings from the consensus 1QB vs 2QB leagues. i have often used both when making a trade involving non-QBs (ex. MTs ranking is very different when comparing both)
8-team SF / 0.5 PPR / TE (Full PPR) Scoring: 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2FLX, 1 SFLX, 1TE, 1D/ST, K (Only relevant players listed)

QB: Kyler , Dak , R. Wilson, Dimes, Kenny P
RB: AK , Mostert
WR: Godwin , Deebo , Dotson , Hollywood, Addison, E. Moore
TE: Andrews , Njoku, LaPorta, Washington, Mayer
D/ST: Bills / Philly

Picks : 2024: 3 firsts; 2025: 3 firsts; 2026: 4 firsts

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:05 am

Good questions, and very sorry for the delay in responding.

The value of picks and players in SF vs. 1QB leagues is derived from both the two sets of rankings (1QB Dynasty vs SF Dynasty), from ADP data for the two differing league types, and is also influenced by actual trade data in MFL for the two types of leagues. So we don't specifically 'control' those values - other than how our aggregate rankings factor in to the values.

So the 'market driven' elements of the player value algorithm can produce some interesting discrepancies between 1QB and SF leagues... like draft picks being valued differently and (non-QB) players being valued differently between the two sets of rankings. In early testing of this the variations were deemed within an acceptable range, though there will always be statistical outliers as a result of the two differing data sets.

We are keeping an eye on things and continually kick around ideas for managing some of the more extreme outliers. We'll continue to fine tune the tool, and your feedback here and elsewhere is a valuable and much appreciated part of that process!

I hope that helps. Thanks again, and keep it coming!

KM

DLF_TylerK
Captain
Captain

Postby DLF_TylerK » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:27 am

Can we have adjusted pick values for league sizes other than 12 teams? Obviously picks are worth a bit more in 10 team leagues because a 1st is ranged from 1-10, 2nd 11-20, etc. Is there any way to factor that into the calculator?
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TylerFFCreator
Check out my DLF Author Profile for all my articles: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/author/karpj123/

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestion jkid - I'll see what we can do.

jonesmaster
Starter
Starter

Postby jonesmaster » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:24 am

Can you explain the analysis that goes into the package value discount -- like how youre coming up with the reduction in point value?
8-team SF / 0.5 PPR / TE (Full PPR) Scoring: 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2FLX, 1 SFLX, 1TE, 1D/ST, K (Only relevant players listed)

QB: Kyler , Dak , R. Wilson, Dimes, Kenny P
RB: AK , Mostert
WR: Godwin , Deebo , Dotson , Hollywood, Addison, E. Moore
TE: Andrews , Njoku, LaPorta, Washington, Mayer
D/ST: Bills / Philly

Picks : 2024: 3 firsts; 2025: 3 firsts; 2026: 4 firsts

dlf_mikem
Administrator

Postby dlf_mikem » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi jonesmaster. The idea behind the package adjustment is to prevent someone from stockpiling too many lower value assets on one side of a trade versus a smaller number of high value assets on the other side, to tip the scales to the first (higher quantity) side. There should be a cost or penalty to this because roster spots are valuable and, typically, better players carry a premium over a bunch of average meh players.

There were a few different iterations of the package adjustment calculation because it is tricky to figure out given a wide range of possible trade combinations. The Analyzer looks at the number of assets on each side of the deal, the value difference as a % between the two sides, and applies a minimum between a couple of different calcs.

Michael Zingone worked up the math for it, so you can try to hit him up on Twitter (@FFZinger) for more details.