The DLF Dynasty Trade Analyzer

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
dlf_kenm
Administrator

The DLF Dynasty Trade Analyzer

Postby dlf_kenm » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:41 pm

(updated 4/45/2019)

After many months of work by our crack development team*, DLF is proud to share an exciting new tool with the dynasty community - the DLF Dynasty Trade Analyzer!

The DLF Dynasty Trade Analyzer is more than just another dynasty trade calculator. It's intended to be a tool to help owners make well informed trade decisions, with as much relevant context as possible. The goal of the Trade Analyzer is less about telling an owner "Yes make this trade" or "don't make this trade", but more about providing an owner with all of the info needed to make a well informed trade decision.

This is the first iteration of this tool - there is much more to come. We plan to include options for IDP and Devy players, more detailed league format options, context-driven feedback and suggestions, as well as continuous refinement of the player value algorithms. The Trade Analyzer will be free for the first couple of months as we continue some of this development before going behind the paywall on August 1st.

Here are a few notes to consider when using this trade tool;
  • There is an FAQ's page which should answer most questions about this tool.
  • Player values are drawn from Rankings, ADP, as well as recent rel-world trade data to help influence player value.
  • You can select either 1QB or 2QB/Superflex league trade scenarios.
  • Currently IDP players, Kickers and Devy Players are not available as trade options.
  • The rookie pick value adjustment slider is intended to give an owner the ability to nudge rookie draft pick values a bit in one direction or another depending on specific league or team considerations, like a league or owner which over-values or under-values draft picks; or if an owner who is in win now or rebuild mode, etc.
  • The Package Value Adjustment is designed to mitigate the effects of 'spamming' one side of a trade with a bunch of players or draft picks in order to make up value of a more valuable player on the other side.
  • The Related Dynasty Trades keys on trades involving the most valuable asset from either side of the trade. Sometimes it will not find a matching trade, but we do include a link out to the trade finder to search for more trades.
  • We pull up to three of the most recent news items and DLF articles for each player in the trade so owners can make sure they know the latest news before making a decision.
No dynasty trade calculator is going to be perfect. This trade analyzer is no exception. You are certain to find trade results and player or pick values you do not agree with. But hopefully those are few and far between, and the disagreement not significant.

Player values are directly tied to market value and as such can change daily. In addition, we provide additional contextual information to help you understand all facets of the trade - current ADP and ranking values, historical ADP trends, recent similar trades, and recent news items from all over the industry for all involved players. All of this information is provided to help you make quick, well informed decisions.

OK, enough talk. Here's the link. Test it out, kick the tires, have fun. And please feel free to share your feedback.

And thank you for being a part of the best dynasty community on the planet!

Go To the DLF Trade Analyzer

------------------------------------------------------------

* Our crack development team includes;
Mike MacGregor, @DraftBuddy who coded the entire application
Michael Zingone, @FFzinger who created the player and trade value algorithm
Additional valuable contributions by;
Tan Ho, @_TanHo
Joe Sydlowski, @JoeSydlowskiFF
Peter Howard, @pahowdy

DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Sneak Preview of the new DLF Dynasty Trade Analyzer

Postby DynastyDabbler » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:43 am

Bravo!
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Postby BucFanJKE » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:22 pm

Played around with it for a few minutes and plugged in some of my recent trades and for the most part I believe I agreed with how it was valuing things. As mentioned no trade calcs are ever going to get everything right because fantasy football is largely opinion and emotion based. Looks like an excellent tool though and the way it brings everything all together is fantastic!
Team 1-
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 2R, 2W, 1T, 3WRT)
QB- Watson, Dak, Richardson, Bennett, Zappe
RB- Javonte Williams, JHill, Dobbins, Achane, Gibson, Bigsby, Spears, Gainwell, Fournette, CPatt
WR- Chase, Lamb, London, Pittman, MT, QJ, Bateman, Jamo, OBJ, Skyy
TE- Freiermuth, Kincaid, Chig, Fant, Musgrave, Woods, Bellinger
2024: 1st, 2nd, 4th

Team 2-
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Kyler, Stroud
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gibbs, JT, Breece Hall, Kamara, Gibson, 4nette
WR: Diggs, Hill, AJB, Aiyuk, London, JSN, Hollywood, M.Mims, Meyers, Shaheed
TE: Kelce, Kyle Pitts, Dulcich, Logan Thomas
2024: 2 1st (one top 3), 4th

Team 3- (Adopted Dumpster Orphan)
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Dak, Young
RB: Gibbs, Hall, J. Cook, Warren, Bigsby, K. Mitchell, Dobbins, D. Cook,
WR: Lamb, Wilson, Olave, Higgins, London, JSN, Bateman, Wan'Dale, Z. Jones, Hyatt
TE: Kittle, Kincaid, Woods, Likely
2024: 2 1st (one top 2), 3rd, 4th

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:52 pm

really nice job here.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Fun to play with. Nice job, looks like it was a lot of work

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:13 pm

Took a quick look at it. Looks cool. Love all the added info besides just a score for each side of the trade.
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

Fins1354
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Fins1354 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:56 am

Wow this is incredible, really well done.

Schmev22
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Schmev22 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:25 am

Really nice job. Looking purely at features, it's immediately the best tool of it's kind that I know of. The few tests I ran indicate that the results it produces are at least as defensible as other tools as well.

One suggestion I would make is functionality....Could be more "mobile friendly" - drop downs and such are tiny in my phone browser and a little hard to manipulate. Would be great if results were "screenshot-able"...I find trade calcs are often used this way over IM discussion. Hope that makes sense.

All in all, really impressed!

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:00 am

Thanks schmev, we spent a good bit of time tweaking this to be mobile device ready. But we will continue to refine & improve that platform, it's critical to the success of this. What kind of phone do you use?

Also a screenshot-able view is a great suggestion. We will work on that.

Thanks!
Schmev22 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:25 am Really nice job. Looking purely at features, it's immediately the best tool of it's kind that I know of. The few tests I ran indicate that the results it produces are at least as defensible as other tools as well.

One suggestion I would make is functionality....Could be more "mobile friendly" - drop downs and such are tiny in my phone browser and a little hard to manipulate. Would be great if results were "screenshot-able"...I find trade calcs are often used this way over IM discussion. Hope that makes sense.

Schmev22
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Schmev22 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:47 pm

Galaxy S9, using the chrome browser. It's not bad by any stretch. Certainly functional.

dlf_kenm wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:00 am Thanks schmev, we spent a good bit of time tweaking this to be mobile device ready. But we will continue to refine & improve that platform, it's critical to the success of this. What kind of phone do you use?

Also a screenshot-able view is a great suggestion. We will work on that.

Thanks!
Schmev22 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:25 am Really nice job. Looking purely at features, it's immediately the best tool of it's kind that I know of. The few tests I ran indicate that the results it produces are at least as defensible as other tools as well.

DLF_TylerK
Captain
Captain

Postby DLF_TylerK » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:24 pm

Honestly, I expected to be impressed based on the description, but I was completely blown away. This tool is amazing. The package adjustment feature is something I haven't seen before and it's an incredibly useful tool. It really adds great context to package type deals. Also, everything works like it's supposed to and it even comes out well on mobile. Thanks so much to everyone who worked on this! The hard work really shows here.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TylerFFCreator
Check out my DLF Author Profile for all my articles: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/author/karpj123/

Mad Cowz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Mad Cowz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:15 am

Early testing is impressive. I especially like how it tries to adjust to recent trade data from MFL leagues as ADP can change quickly when a calculator is based on just that.

Question: Is there going to be a way paid users can access the full database after the free testing period?
I'm a googlesheet nerd and would love to incorporate this data into my database.

:dance:

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:39 am

Hmmm... had not thought about that. Will give it some consideration.

Thanks for the feedback!

KM

Mad Cowz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:15 am Early testing is impressive. I especially like how it tries to adjust to recent trade data from MFL leagues as ADP can change quickly when a calculator is based on just that.

Question: Is there going to be a way paid users can access the full database after the free testing period?
I'm a googlesheet nerd and would love to incorporate this data into my database.

:dance:

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:25 pm

Outstanding! Thanks for putting in the effort to come up with something truly amazing! By far the best trade calculator I've ever come across
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Kiddflash
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Kiddflash » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:39 am

Loving the tool!

Just one thing. With draft picks i think a function where league size is taken into account as well. Like 10 team vs 16 team league future picks will vary alot more.