News Page

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
dlf_kenm
Administrator

News Page

Postby dlf_kenm » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:45 pm

We've added a News page to the site which collects the latest NFL and fantasy football related news from a few of the biggest and best (of course that's always debatable, right? :wink: ) from around the web. There's also a link to the News page in the forum menu at the top. As always, let us know what you think, suggestions and flames are always welcomed.

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/news

Ken
Last edited by dlf_kenm on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:12 pm

This is good stuff. DLF is becoming a one-stop shop for me with all the changes you guys are making.

dlf_kenk
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenk » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:18 pm

That's great. If we can get 5,000 more people like you we can add some more tools!

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Very nice! Look forward to this!
Twitter @haydn239

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:34 pm

Pretty cool. I like the way the news page is done. Pulled in from various sites, condensed, and expanded info upon mouse-over. I agree: good stuff. :)
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Re: News Page

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:26 am

Added a few more news sources to the News Page.

Question for you all...

What would be your ideal, one-stop news source? Would it have both general NFL news as well as FFB News? Would it look or work like the now-offline Today in Fantasy? Customizable news sources? Whatever it is that would make a resource your ideal destination, share it here. I'd love to know and see if we can make that happen.

Thanks!

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:34 am

dlf_kenm wrote:Added a few more news sources to the News Page.

Question for you all...

What would be your ideal, one-stop news source? Would it have both general NFL news as well as FFB News? Would it look or work like the now-offline Today in Fantasy? Customizable news sources? Whatever it is that would make a resource your ideal destination, share it here. I'd love to know and see if we can make that happen.

Thanks!
Loved "Today in Fantasy"! I would lean towards both NFL news and fantasy football-related news. Being able to customize the sources it would be nice also to cater to individual tastes. List format to easily scan each item with maybe a short descriptive blurb so that a quick scan can be done to decide if it's an article we need to read. Make articles and items searchable by subject matter (by player name, position rankings, projections would be a examples). Because some news is time-sensitive and fast-breaking, putting dates on each item/article would also be needed. Keep up the great work, fellas! :thumbup:

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:40 am

highballers wrote:I would lean towards both NFL news and fantasy football-related news. Being able to customize the sources it would be nice also to cater to individual tastes. List format to easily scan each item with maybe a short descriptive blurb so that a quick scan can be done to decide if it's an article we need to read. Make articles and items searchable by subject matter (by player name, position rankings, projections would be a examples). Because some news is time-sensitive and fast-breaking, putting dates on each item/article would also be needed. Keep up the great work, fellas! :thumbup:
This ^^^

Couldn't have said it any better. Thanks for the great resources, btw.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

WarriorPoet
Role Player
Role Player

Postby WarriorPoet » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:17 am

airlex wrote:
highballers wrote:I would lean towards both NFL news and fantasy football-related news. Being able to customize the sources it would be nice also to cater to individual tastes. List format to easily scan each item with maybe a short descriptive blurb so that a quick scan can be done to decide if it's an article we need to read. Make articles and items searchable by subject matter (by player name, position rankings, projections would be a examples). Because some news is time-sensitive and fast-breaking, putting dates on each item/article would also be needed. Keep up the great work, fellas! :thumbup:
This ^^^

Couldn't have said it any better. Thanks for the great resources, btw.
Agreed.
oh yeah, You Guys Rock!