Noel Devine

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
princevincexoxo

Noel Devine

Postby princevincexoxo » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:52 pm

I know this discussion is at least 2-3 years too early but how about this kid Noel Devine? I've been watching him for a few years now in videos and this kid is quite impressive....i wanted to get everybody's 2 cents :)

High School Video -Junior
High School Video - Junior[/url]

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Devine

Postby dlf_jeffh » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:40 pm

Great lower leg drive and decent hips for a young kid. Will be nice to see him mature and see what WV does with him. Unfortunately, he doesn't have great height.
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

princevincexoxo

Re: Devine

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:20 am

dlf_jeffh wrote:Great lower leg drive and decent hips for a young kid. Will be nice to see him mature and see what WV does with him. Unfortunately, he doesn't have great height.
as might mouse has shown tho height doesnt always really matter....

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Exceptions to the rule

Postby dlf_jeffh » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:37 am

While there are ALWAYS exceptions to the rule, they are "exceptions" because of the rule .... and it is nearly impossible to figure out who the exception will be, especially being a Freshman.

That said, I remember watching Jones Drew during the combine last year and thinking "this guy looks completely different than the shorter mold" and he has massive thighs. He reminded me of a smaller Earl Campbell but with Barry Sanders style moves ... a great combo to have. Even with all that, I wasn't willing to risk a high pick on him in my rookie draft and he went in the mid second round.
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

mustangdmg
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby mustangdmg » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:31 pm

dlf_jeffh wrote:he doesn't have great height.
Maybe but he's a junior in high school. He's 16 or 17. I suspect he's still growing.
PLYMOUTH TIGERS

houdini
Captain
Captain

Postby houdini » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:10 pm

mustangdmg wrote:
Maybe but he's a junior in high school. He's 16 or 17. I suspect he's still growing.
He's actually already 19.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:00 pm

houdini wrote:
mustangdmg wrote:
He's actually already 19.
he is approximately 2 and a half weeks older than me :? and im a sophomore in college......what the hell? :shock:

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:06 pm

Character issues?

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:32 pm

Steelersfan wrote:Character issues?
yes, I would say vince has character issues [heehee]

-~o-

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:24 am

He's 19 and just a junior in HS? A lot of RBs who have some talent, that should be in college, will run through pathetic high school tackling too.

I really enjoyed the run where he broke like 15 tackles though. Yes, I think everyone on the field had a shot at him and a few guys had more than one shot. Hilarious!

Anyway, I don't know how many times high school prospects don't pan out all that well and the guys you've never heard of going into college become great NFL players.

Onto the height thing with Jones-Drew. I saw him coming from a mile away. It's unfortunate that I traded up to the 5th pick in that draft and still had my shot at both Williams and Addai. I loved Drew's clips. He ran like a RB, low to the ground (good lean), power, speed, fantastic moves. After my one pick at 5 where I took DeAngelo Williams I had no more picks. So, when a friend of mine called me up with the 10th pick and said, "Hey Kris, who the heck do I take here? There aren't any good prospects." I told Jake that Drew was a special player and that I thought he could be a steal with the 10th pick. He picked him and now, the player is untouchable on his team. He loves the guy.

I've had this picture saved to my computer of Drew since before the NFL draft even began. And, he's the only player who's picture I've ever saved.

He just looks like a RB. It's like Sanders incarnate.

16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

houdini
Captain
Captain

Postby houdini » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:28 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:He's 19 and just a junior in HS? A lot of RBs who have some talent, that should be in college, will run through pathetic high school tackling too.
No, I guess the clips were from his junior year of high school but he'll be a freshman at West Virginia in the fall. He wasn't recruited by many schools because it seemed unlikely that he would qualify academically. Deon Sanders has taken Devine under his wing and loves/fosters/supports the kid (and also told him not to go to FSU).

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:49 pm

houdini wrote:
kris_kapsner wrote:He's 19 and just a junior in HS? A lot of RBs who have some talent, that should be in college, will run through pathetic high school tackling too.
No, I guess the clips were from his junior year of high school but he'll be a freshman at West Virginia in the fall. He wasn't recruited by many schools because it seemed unlikely that he would qualify academically. Deon Sanders has taken Devine under his wing and loves/fosters/supports the kid (and also told him not to go to FSU).
I've heard that too about the Sanders thing but wasnt sure how true it was....

houdini
Captain
Captain

Postby houdini » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:55 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
houdini wrote:
It's true, I've seen Sanders interviewed about Devine and their relationship. Many hate the Neon Deon personality, but he is a good guy away from the limelight.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:29 pm

houdini wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:
houdini wrote: No, I guess the clips were from his junior year of high school but he'll be a freshman at West Virginia in the fall. He wasn't recruited by many schools because it seemed unlikely that he would qualify academically. Deon Sanders has taken Devine under his wing and loves/fosters/supports the kid (and also told him not to go to FSU).
It's true, I've seen Sanders interviewed about Devine and their relationship. Many hate the Neon Deon personality, but he is a good guy away from the limelight.
Yes its true, but it already looks as though Devine may be a problem child.

houdini
Captain
Captain

Postby houdini » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:13 pm

Steelersfan wrote:Yes its true, but it already looks as though Devine may be a problem child.
Just based on marginally qualifying academically? That makes him a bad person and a trouble maker? I disagree that by itself that makes him a problem.